“Modern fun design and good value” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #6 of 6 hotels in Doral
“Modern fun design and good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

The Aloft Miami Doral looks great as you approach it, specially at night. Definitely a modern fun design with many colors and neon lights. The location is perfect for Miami, very close to the Turnpike, 836 & 826 expressways. Close to the International and Dolphin Malls is a plus. Plenty of restaurants in the area of 107 av or 87 av. When you arrive at the front door you will notice the large car port. There is no valet service, you self park free of charge. There is no bell desk, you have to go inside and get a luggage Cart for your bags. The front desk is circular and free standing as you walk in to the left. The front desk agents are casual and very polite and helpful, they make you feel welcome. The lobby is a great open space with lots of modern furniture, sofas, tables and even a cool pool table. The W XYZ bar looks great, and on Thursday nights they have a DJ playing music hits. The small food section is 24 hours but only snacks and drinks, no restaurant and no room service, but you can go to the lobby and order breakfast from the small selection board and they will bring it to your table in the lobby. The rooms are great, spacious and clean. The only issue I found with the room was that the closet is very small, for one person maybe two, and there are no drawers to store clothes. The bathroom is nice and the shower is huge. The pool looks great and lit at night. The gym is nice and clean also. The property is smoke free and I loved that the wireless Internet is free and works everywhere. I enjoyed the hotel and the staff was great, even the manager stopped by to introduce himself and say hello. It is a brand new hotel, only three weeks old, I hope they stay friendly and clean as time goes by and I will be back.

• Stayed April 2013
AloftDoral, General Manager at Aloft Miami Doral, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for your time, and for recognizing our mission to provide the best service and pampering experience to each of our guests. We are very pleased to learn that our team provided you with exceptional service during your recent visit to The Aloft Miami Doral.

We hope to see you soon!

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Traveling to Miami on business for a couple days - this place had the most reasonable prices for the area (it's about a 20-40 minute drive downtown, depending on traffic and if you're going all the way to South Beach) and looked pretty nice. Easy to find, plenty of parking.

I walked in and instantly felt like I was in a swanky restaurant - I don't know if that's a good thing, but it's definitely different. No traditional hotel vibe here. Very modern - the front desk is small and round, and instead of a concierge they have two ipads set up (also connected to printers for those who need them - a nice touch). Check-in process was easy and fast, and everyone was very friendly, and I headed up to my room on the fourth floor.

The rooms are nice! Again, pretty modern and sparse, but they have everything you really need. 1 person in a king size bed with a gigantic wall-mounted TV? Yes please! The bed was sooooooo comfortable. Notes about the room:

-It could use a little more counter space and/or some hooks on the wall (there was a huge wall next to the bed that was totally underutilized). The room had a small desk, a fabric bench (a nice touch), and a counter on the other end, under which was the A/C unit. There was a closet and I suppose some shelves around the corner in the bath area, but it's not terribly convenient to use. Overall it was fine, just something I noticed.

-Speaking of the A/C unit, you can't do anything with it. All the buttons are there, but none of them work, including the power. This was pretty annoying, as it was somewhat warm during the day, and as far as I could tell it pretty much shut itself off at night, meaning a very sweaty morning for those who like to sleep with covers. I suppose I could have said something to someone at the front desk about it and I bet they would have helped me, but it's pretty annoying to have to do that in the first place.

-The bath area is nice, but small. I had a worrisome moment when I first turned on the shower and I couldn't figure out which side of the handle was hot vs. cold, especially because both sides produced relatively cold water for a good 5 minutes. Luckily that was the only issue of that kind during my stay, but it would be nice if the handle indicated it. Also, ladies with long hair, the water pressure is pretty bad, so be prepared to add a good 5 minutes to your typical shower time. They provide liquid body soap and a dual shampoo/conditioner, as well as a small bar soap by the sink and a little body lotion. One annoying element, the shower door is very heavy and multiple times it slammed shut scaring the s**t out of me. I'm used to those style of doors swinging in and out, so I never really got used to it. Probably not something they're going to change, but something to note.

-The TV is really nice and has tons of channels as well as a guide menu. It also has a nice concierge menu that tells you about the hotel. I think someone on tripadvisor mentioned being frustrated that there was no book with information in the room, but this essentially takes it's place.

Other hotel elements:

-The free wi-fi is nice, but it would be nicer if it planted a cookie on your computer so everytime you closed it and opened it more than 5 minutes later you didn't have to log into the internet again.

-The gym is awesome. Would be awesomer if they had bottled water in there as they do in the rooms, but it's a small complaint. I used it all three days I stayed and it was a major perk.

-The pool area is equally awesome. Plentiful sun from about 9:30am-5:30pm (assuming it's not cloudy), and tons of seating/laying options. I particularly love the two gigantic cabanas which provided much needed shade at times. It's very peaceful, beautiful, and the water is the perfect temperature. I suppose some might not love that it's right next to a closed off construction site, but I think the hotel is building a shopping area there (maybe?) so hopefully it won't be like that for long.

-I really didn't love the very loud piped in music at the pool area. What if I don't want to listen to pop music? At the very least, they could turn it down. At best, they could play instrumental music to make it more neutral.

-I came back on Thursday night around 11:30pm and the lobby had essentially turned into a night club. LOUD club music with lots of people having fun (or so it seemed). A little awkward for a hotel lobby, but probably a great feature for those who want it (and pretty much in keeping with the Miami night-life style).

-They have a snack/food area that's open 24/7. I can't say the small bug flying around in the pastry case stopped me from grabbing an empanada when I was starving, and it's a nice perk. The only downside is I could never figure out how to properly pay for the food. I saw some people come up and get food/a drink and just walk away, but I felt like that was probably akin to stealing so I couldn't bring myself to do it. Instead, all 3 times I took something, I stood by the hotel desk for 3-5 minutes waiting for the person who was always on the phone to notice me, and I told her my room # which she jotted down. Maybe they could figure out a better system? It was awkward.

Overall for the rate I got ($143/night) I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent Feedback and the 5 Star review on Cleanliness, Value & Service!
We hope to see you soon on your next visit at the Aloft Miami Doral!

Boyds, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Eclectic environment for the 20 something crowd. TV did not work. Literally had no batteries in the cordless phone. Front desk offered for me to wait 90 minutes at 10pm for next shift in order to get so much as ONE channel after waiting over an hour. Had to call front desk with my own cell as the room phone had no batteries.

Loft for youth hostel is the environmental. They may be part of The W and Starwood chain but this is a property similar to a college dorm.

Room Tip: Dorm like atmosphere. TV did not work. No restaurant. In middle of no where. Room phone had zero bat...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Following your recent visit here at The Aloft Miami Doral, I would like to thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience.

We regret to learn of the challenges you encountered during your stay, even though we continuously strive to offer exceptional levels of service.

We would welcome an opportunity to discuss any aspects of your stay further with you and can be contacted at Claudio.bono@aloftmiamidoral.com .

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Loved the look and feel. Very trendy hotel and definitely recommend it. I don't recall any other hotel in the Doral area that has style like this one does. That is, of course, if vibes are a big thing for you (obviously they are for me). If you aren't, I should mention that this hotel is perfectly located anyway; If you're looking to travel around the city of Miami, Doral is the best place to stay. Nothing is too far from it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
We are so grateful for your feedback, and we thank you for taking the time to review your experience on TripAdvisor.

We hope to see you again soon at the Aloft Miami Doral!

Kind Regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

We drove up to this beautiful hotel and first impression was great! Our checkin was seamless, although the gentleman behind the counter just pointed to the elevator and said "that way" okayyyyyy... I guess we will find our way! We found our room, which was clean and beautiful, a perfect 10! Super quiet rooms with the most comfortable bed ever. The pool is spotless and beautiful, we spent most of our free time there. In their defense, every other staff member we encountered was more than helpful and polite.

But alas, the cons. The rooms have no info as to where to find the gym, ice, pool hours, bar hours, etc. We kept having to call the front desk or walk down and ask. We spent 3 nights there, and there were no restaurants or stores within a walking distance, so we spent a fortune on the prepackaged food from their "grab and go" shop ($12 for a tiny wrap and drink) and we were able to order pizza. A restaurant or at least an offering of appetizer type foods is a must for a hotel. Last but not least, the bar was never manned before evening time, and then every night it was blocked off for a "private party". I don't get it? All I wanted at night was a couple glasses if wine.

Bottom line, gorgeous brand new hotel that seems to cater to business types, events, and conferences. This is not a destination for more then somewhere to sleep for the night.

• Stayed April 2013
AloftDoral, General Manager at Aloft Miami Doral, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor! We thank you for your praise regarding our Hotel and for the 4 & 5 star review. Please note that we are just 1 mile from 2 of the biggest South Florid malls : International & Dolphin Mall. Our Hotel is also located in Doral, home of over 9000 companies including fortune best 500.

Aloft does not offer compendium in rooms due to our High end "Cool Conierge Ipads. You can find restaurants, bars, print your boarding pass and more as well as dedicated staff available 24/7. Our Staff is here to help answer all your questions.

Our Famous Wxyz Bar opens from 5 to midnight. Private parties can be organized but please note that private parties are only located on 1 section of the Bar so that guest can try and enjoy one of our signature cocktail, anytime, anywhere in our vast lobby.

We look forward to welcome you again at the Aloft on your next trip!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

I loved my stay at the aloft. The service was excellent and the location is even better. I would recommend this hotel for anybody on vacation or traveling for business. It's one of the few hotels on the area that offers a full bar and a good ambiance. The pool is beautiful and the food is great.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor and for the 5 Star service across the board!
We look forward to welcome you on your next trip at the Aloft Miami Doral!

Weston, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I organized a seminar for 30 people at the hotel last week and had a fantastic experience. The rooms are amazing - clean, new, with a modern twist! The suites were really spacious - we managed to have separate breakouts in our rooms. Audiovisual is modern - 80" flat screens for the smaller groups, and automatic projection screens with full adaptability to any computer to avoid AV hazards. Tables can go from U-Shaped to classroom in seconds - all tables are modern with wheels that allows for quick re-shifting. Lighting is slightly dim in the larger room, but perfect in the smaller conference areas.

My group loved the decor, from the frosted glass in the restrooms, to the awesome art pieces hanging from the walls and hip furniture. Billiard tables and a bar are found in the lobby, and something was always happening; in the time I was there, they shot 2 music videos and had a models' photo shoot in the lounge area. :) My out-of-towners were thrilled.

The staff was super friendly (wore pink Converse shoes, which I thought was pretty cool), and they literally catered to my every need. The GM even stopped by a few times to check on our group and get feedback.

I've organized events everywhere from the Fountainebleu, to the Hilton Fort Lauderdale and Hyatt at Bonaventure, and I can say this was the best price/value EVER! A must if you want to impress and do so in style...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
At The Aloft Miami Doral, we pride ourselves on our personalized service, and we are so glad that you were able to experience this first hand with your Corporate Event!

We look forward to welcoming you back and Host your next Corporate Event!

Claudio Bono

Been to Aloft Miami Doral? Share your experiences!