“Way too strict and limited!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 12 attractions in Doral
Type: Game/ Entertainment Centers
Attraction Details
Bal Harbour, Florida
“Way too strict and limited!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I have been so excited to go to a trampoline gym for almost two years now. Finally, I had the opportunity it go with a large group of friends and our younger siblings. Because I had seen photos of friends who had been to various trampoline gyms, I couldn't wait to take pictures, jump around and enjoy our time.

The price was totally fair and relatively cheap, we paid $18 for 90 minutes of jumping which was more than enough. We chose this company and location because we heard there was a basketball area, dodgeball, a foam pit and other things besides the trampolines. We are completely unaware of how strict and limiting everything would end up being.

There are about 15 employees, young and not very professional, who stand in each area with whistles watching your every move. You must wait in line and go one by one to shoot a basketball into the hoop, jump into the foam pit and use a trampoline station. We went on a Tuesday night, it was relatively empty and the employees were getting restless and ready to go home, it was obvious.

The worst part, however, was when we went into the trampoline area and began jumping with each other. No one was being rowdy or obnoxious, we were just having fun. Two male employees blew their whistles and screamed at us to separate. It was very bizarre. Apparently, you must stand in your own square of a trampoline and jump by yourself…who wants to do that? I understand the rule if there are tons of little children around and it was hectic because someone would get hurt, but there were only the 10 of us and we were behaving fine. I felt like I was being watched like a hawk. The worst part was when I stopped to breath because this place is actually a hard workout and tiring, I was whistled at and told to "not stop jumping." You are literally not allowed to stop to breath. Again, I understand the rule if it was a busy Saturday with hundreds of children, but it was not.

The employees must escort you into the dodgeball area and watch you play before you can do anything. When we wanted to play we asked many different employees to help, it took about 8 minutes for someone to walk the 20 feet over to us. They took their time, stopping to hug one another and chit chat, while the clock was ticking and 8 minutes of our paid jumping time was going down the drain.

I loved the trampoline aspect of this experience, it is a great idea, a good workout and so fun for friends. However, I do not recommend this company at all. I know for a fact there are other gyms that have a laid back environment and still are as professional as needed in order to keep everyone from getting hurt.

Avoid Skyzone but definitely go to a trampoline gym!

Visited December 2013

Homestead, Florida
“NOT a way to celebrate a birthday for a child!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

On September 14th we planned to celebrate our daughters birthday at Skyzone. I have 3 kids (13 years of celebrating birthdays) and I will tell you this was by far the worse experience I have ever encountered. First, we were told to be at the facility at 7pm because our jumping would start at 8. Turns out they made a "mistake" and jumping actually started at 8. Try keeping sixteen 7 years old sitting on the side just waiting for their turn. Next, the guy at the "private jump room" kept yelling at the kids with an angry voice saying "don't sit down, if you are tire get out!". I understand they can't sit on the trampolines for safety reasons, but there is a better way to speak to children. Next, the party room was supposed to be ready at 9. Surprise again....poor hostess was trying to clean room and put up our decorations, but had no help so room was not ready until 9:30. As you can imagine my guest are all anxious pacing outside the room because their jump time was over, but they were not allowed in the party room. Another 30 minutes of doing nothing. When we were finally allowed in the room.......guess what?? Yes, we ordered 6 pizzas for our guest but the pizza place was running late and the pizzas were trickling in one at a time. Some of our guests even had to leave because the whole ordeal was taking so long and keep in mind these are 7 year olds we are talking about. At the end of the evening we had the opportunity to speak to a man named Juan. The staff had warned me about how abnoxious he was, but he was way worse than that. I explained that I wanted to be compensated for my horrible experience and I would feel "better" if he refunded me the cost of the additional pizzas (3 pies) and in addition was given 5 passes to return another day with my kids. I did not feel I was asking for much since my daughters birthday was ruined thanks to the lack of organization. Well turns out that Mr. Juan (who claims to be the owner of Skyzone) felt that refunding me only the pizza was sufficient compensation for my pathetic experience at skyzone. What a total loser this guy is!! Someone like that has no business sense whatsoever.........I mean to let a paying customer that chose your facility for a birthday celebration walk out upset over 5 courtesy passes. Really Juan?? Good move.

Visited September 2013
Miami, Florida, United States
“Lie Zone - Miami”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

At first you think, WOW, this place is happening. But that changes real quick with your first interaction with staff - especially the check-in, front counter. And once you interact with the Managers, you realize why the staff could careless. Have questions? Good luck getting them to answer the phone - they don't and although you can leave messages till your heart's content, they won't call back. Send an email? HA - fat chance on a response. Bottom line - this place is a fad and eventually the Miami crowd will move on.

“Sky UNFUN zone!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Where to start... We came with our two kids and were greeted by an unhappy to be alive employee.filled out the wavers it was 4:57 and were given our shoes and our non sticky stickers with our times printed on them,
We were told that if the stickers came off we would not be able to keep jumping. By the time we put our shoes on and got our kids
situated it was now 515 And we have already lost 15 minutes of jumping time. When we finally got into the trampoline area we were told that we couldn't jump with our kids they had to be no one side and they on the other. The attendant kept telling the kids you can't do this you can't do that they couldn't even jump together. There were attendants everywhere and not one smiled or was nice to the kids it was like a military camp with too many rules and not to much fun. We (the parents) didn't jump at all so we asked for a refund and was told that our time started and they could not issue a refund after getting mad and asking for a manager that never came she gave my husband and I a refund. The kids kept jumping till our time was out and then an attendant came to my kids and said "your time is done get out of the trampoline!" Real nice way to speak to children and to think we drove all the way from Aventura. Needless to say we will NEVER return. We do hope someone opens a REBOUNDZ down here we went to one in Orlando and had a blast!!! Next week will try plant air my daughter went there with camp and loved it. Sky zone SUCKED!!! and is not worth the $13 I will pay more for my kids to have fun somewhere else and not get yelled at.

Bucks, UK
12 attraction reviews
“Really enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We took our kids aged 13 and 14 to Sky Zone en route to Miami Airport to catch a flight home to the UK. We booked a 1-hour session online the day before, found it easily using satnav (though it's in a bit of an odd location) and had no problem registering. Maybe because we have nothing like this in the UK, our kids had a great time! The main trampoline area has plenty of space and the staff were careful to ensure the younger kids bounced at one end away from the rest. The two dodgeball areas were also well organized and our kids LOVED those games. There is also a big foam pit and a basketball trampoline. It was well staffed and we felt that safety was of paramount importance. There is a very small cafe and several party rooms, as well as lockers. The kids came off after the hour absolutely exhausted but having thoroughly enjoyed it. Our daughter trampolines competitively in the UK and she really loved this place.