“STAY AWAY-SMELLY-BAD SERVICE!” 1 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Miami, Florida
“STAY AWAY-SMELLY-BAD SERVICE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! SMELLY PLACE! I was with a party of 6 boys eager to have fun. I was warned that sessions are punctual so we arrived 1/2 hour before to ensure time to get the shoes required to jump. 1st they couldn't find one of our waivers online. Unfortunately is was one of the boys that didn't have a parent present. I had to track his mom down and have her rush to her computer. Her son had been there 4 times prior to this visit...The young staff is well how do I say this, dumb! My middle son was taken out of an activity and told he couldn't wear his sports goggles. I was in the snack area and no one called me to inform me my son had been told he could not continue jumping. Why take my phone number on the waiver if you aren't going to use it?? Well after 5 minutes or so, my older son comes to notify me of what has happen. I walked over to the staff and an associate "Kristy" poor child, she will never make it anywhere, explained to me that this was the owners NEW REGULATION, NO GLASSES! She was nasty and I explained that they were sports goggles. She said sorry those are rules, he must wear our special goggles over his "glasses". Of course their goggles didn't fit over my son's sports goggles because NOW HE WAS WEARING 2 GOGGLES! I asked to speak to the owner and was told he was on vacation...(OMG, WHO SAYS THAT!?) I asked for a refund since my son couldn't jump blindly. Now 10 minutes had gone by, remember each session is strictly timed! We were only 30 minutes into the session. A man named Eddy, he wouldn't give me his last name, walks over to do the refund and asked for my receipt, i explained that the young man ripped it up when i gave him my voucher, he said, "OH, YOU PURCHASED ONLINE, NO REFUND!" Then I tell him everything that happened and he takes my son's sports goggles and starts banging on the lenses and says "these are fine, they are plastic, not glass" and walks away. I followed him and told him that this was unacceptable, my son had now lost over 10 minutes of his session and I had paid for a full session and that this incident was no fault of his. I also stated that no one had even bothered to apologize for our trouble. He then said, "ARE YOU FINISHED, ARE YOU FINISHED" !! I said, yes, I am finished, I will not be spoken to in this manner. Well long story short, this place stinks! Very poorly managed. Hope the owner is having a nice vacation with our money!

Visited June 2013

Pembroke Pines, Florida
16 attraction reviews
“Would not recommend - there are other options”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Wow where do I start.....my fiance originally found Sky Zone online and had suggested it as a location to take one of my best friends for his bachelor party activities, so glad I did not.

- We decided to give this place a try for her birthday, so I called Sky Zone to try to get specifics. No one answers the phones there, you have to go through the phone system selecting options only to end up leaving a message and waiting for someone to call you back.

- Once someone finally called us back we told them we were looking to bring a large group to jump at Sky Zone - approximately 20+ jumpers. They told us we would have to have a specific number because of the way the jump sessions are.

- After sending out invitations and asking people who would attend we told Sky Zone to put us down for at least 15 people - they were happy to take our money at this point. So we made the deposit.

- A few days later we did the phone tag game (they would call and from a different number everytime and I would call back and leave messages). I kept on telling them that it is hard to get a solid count of how many people are going to come, lets be real people this was not a wedding. I asked them if I said 30 and 30 people did not show up would I be able to be refunded based on the number of jumpers we had - they said "no". So to avoid a confusion I decided, whatever, just put down 30.

- Finally the day of the event, my fiance and I decided to go early to make sure all was well. WHAT A DISASTOR.

- You walk in and the place smells like feet.

- You then have these consoles to fill out the waivers - they don't work properly.

- The front of the location is pretty big, however, they decided to put the section where the folks who are attending a large party in the corner. There was NO one in the section for regular jumpers so you had about 3 or 4 sets of families rammed in the corner waiting to find out the specifics regarding their party.

- The staff is poorly trained, the young lady that was helping us did not know how to answer our questions or even help faciliate what we were trying to do.

- We were told that we could not bring food in from the outside, the only thing we were allowed to bring in was a birthday cake. We brought in a cake and we asked the young lady where we could store it while we jump. She said she would put it in the back with our name on it.

- We then ordered some pizzas for everyone to eat. I thought they made their own pizza there but they have some partnership with Papa Johns where Sky Zone and Papa Johns probably wins - not the customer. I paid $14 per cheese pizza - yup $14 bucks. We were to jump at 4:30 and I was told the pizza would be there for 5:10 - close to when we were going to finish jumping.

- I then went to the little cafeteria area and asked if I could open a tab so that the folks in my party could get drinks and not have to pay. Surprise surprise, you could not, I had to pre-purchase drinks and was fortunate that the manager was okay with them keeping track of how many drinks we had already taken out. This would not be so bad if all the drinks were priced the same, they are not. Mission again.

- Fast forward to us finishing the jump - we were then hit with the surprise that even though we were told we could bring the cake in, and the young lady took the cake in the front - we could not cut the cake up there because we did not have a party room. I was like really, we just spent over $300 in your location and I can't cut up a simple little cake. We ended up having to get our cake back and cutting it up outside in the corner.

This was the first and the last time I will ever visit this place. It was just terrible.

Visited May 2013
“Don't take your kids!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

The owner of Sky Zone Doral is not interested in anything but your dollar! After being encouraged to pre purchase our tickets for our group online we went on the website and did so. We planned on 3-4:30 but despite the site stating it opened at 3 pm, it would only allow for sales starting at 3:30. Since we had to leave at 4:30 we bought the 3:30-4:30 tickets for $13 each. It would have only been $17 if the kids could jump from 3-4:30. We arrived at 2:30, waited for it to open, we're the first to arrive, gave them our pre purchased tickets, and told the cashier how strange they should advertise a 3 pm opening but then make the kids wait until 3:30. She said no they can bounce but your kids can't because you didn't purchase the 3-4:30. I told her about the computer issue and she acknowledged that there is a glitch in the system and that I would need to speak with the owner, Juan. I then approached him explaining what had occurred and he immediately stated that it was a glitch in their computer program. I said no problem and that I certainly didn't want anything for free,that I would like to pay the difference between the 1 hour and the 1-1/2 hour price of $4. He said we don't do that, and that we had to purchase a 30 min add on for $9 each child. He say that it wasn't his problem and that if they wanted to start jumping I'd have to pay up. When I confronted him about the unreasonableness of this given that it is their computer error he then said if I didn't like it he'd give me a refund and then we could leave because our kids wouldn't be allowed to play there. The guy was rude, disrespectful, condescending, and a total slime! I will be a avoiding this place like the plague!!!!!

Visited May 2013