“Bug in my salad” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Bug in my salad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Horrible. I am a local who usually orders take out from here and I must admit it has always been pleasant however I went to dine in this past Friday and while eating my salad found a lady bug on my lettuce. To my surprise my server was not as surprised or shocked by this. He simply hurried my salad away, came back from the kitchen with a different salad and explained that things are constantly flying around the kitchen. I was never approached by a manager and was simply discounted a desert I didn't ask for. I must say I will not return I was very disappointed by their poor handling of this situation and their lack of concern for me the customer. Needless to say I spent the night in the restroom. Sad b/c I had never encountered a problem here.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

44% Recommend
Portland, Oregon
“The food was good, BUT,”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I didn't expect them to add the 18% gratuity to a check for 1, I didn't notice it and added a tip on top! Hope they enjoyed it, I will not be back!

Visited March 2013
Miami
“Terrible, expensive, bad service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Out of 4 dishes that I tried nothing was worth it. Don't understand why the place was packed but the only thing we liked was the $1 beer deal.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Everyone's There”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Soo Woo is a place that you will see your neighbor & visitors eating at. Good Asian (Japanese & Korean) food. Families enjoy the show at the grill & couples like the tables to be alone. Food is good & value typical prices in the US for this type of food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Peterborough, New Hampshire
“Enjoyable and very tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The restaurant is split into 2 halves, Japanese to the right, Korean to the left. We visited the Japanese side. The chefs were very personable and skilled as they cooked the meals right before us. They teased the children playfully, built flaming onions, made large hearts from the rice (and "broke" them, lol), and flipped chicken from the grill directly into our mouths. Never enjoyed cooking so much. Then the food was positively delicious! From the soup to the vegetables to the rice to the meats, all was perfect. Meanwhile the wait staff was very attentive to drinks and such. All-in-all, this was a perfect visit. For pricing, we ordered "middle-of-the-road" choices, with no desert and water to drink. Figure $40/ person, including gratuity.

• Visited December 2012