“Great Lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Tortola
“Great Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

A fruitful business meeting was followed by a delightful luncheon at Basilico's. My pasta was cooked to perfection and the Bolognese sauce tasty. The rest of our party were also happy with their choices. Despite a very brisk lunch trade, the service was friendly and efficient. Definitely a Gem in the Rough.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

92% Recommend
miami
“great food too expensive for the place.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I felt robbed after eating at this restaurant. We ordered two items from the menu and two specials. The menu was $16.95 the specials $32.95. We ordered a sea bass and fillet mignon. I would have never imagined the fish to be that expensive. $133 for this meal was outrageous. The food was very good but not for the price. We did not drink, no appetizers or desserts. No more basilico for us. The server was also not respectful.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
ST PETERSBURG
“Simple a wonderful meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is zagat rated and is my second time here. Outstanding again at reasonable prices! Authentic Argentina Italian!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Coral Gables, Florida
“Best restaurant in Doral”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Excellent food. Best pasta and seafood. The service is very good the owner is always there. Best to go after lunch because it gets full.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Always good, tonight excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We have eaten at Basilicos a number of times, but I have to complement the direction they have taken. They food is simply incredible. We started with a salmon tartar and fried squid. Excellent. My wife had a grouper filet that was simply outstanding, one of the best pieces of fish I have tasted. I had the risotto fruti de mare, which I have had a number of times and it was good as always.

The thing I would like to recognize is the improvement in the service, it can be slow and the staff seems to spend more time checking their phones, the soccer score, or talking, vs taking care of the customers, but seemed to have improved this time, hope if continues because we will be back.

Visited August 2013

Been to Basilico? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Basilico, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.