“Not your typical airport area hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Doral
GreenLeadersSilver level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Not your typical airport area hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I booked a last minute trip to celebrate our anniversary. The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. They sent us champagne and chocolate covered strawberries as a thank you for choosing the hotel for our Anniversary stay. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The pool area is relaxed and nice place to sit and talk in the evenings. The best part of the hotel was the sound proof windows. You will never hear one plane at night and I slept like a baby. It didn't feel like an airport area hotel at all. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
ICatDoralMiami, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental at Doral Miami, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Landaj,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us! It gives us great joy to know you chose to celebrate such a special occasion with us. It has been our pleasure to make your stay an unforgettable one.

We are glad you liked your room, pool area, and had a good night's rest.

We hope to serve you again soon,
InterContinental at Doral Miami

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Polish first
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I had my wedding at this hotel last year... I stayed in their presidential suite + a connecting room. This hotel has been renovated and is absolutely immaculate. It's very clean, very comfortable and very pleasant. I had such an amazing experience. The ballrooms are gorgeous, as is the pool/outside area where we had our cocktail hour. I am sooo happy that I chose this property for my wedding and would recommend it to other brides 100%

Room Tip: get a high floor with a pool view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ICatDoralMiami, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental at Doral Miami, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear lilbee1125,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your wedding experience. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our presidential suite, and our wedding amenities. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel, the staff was very nice and very helpful. The pool was nice and had a very pretty garden area. The room was clean and the maid service made sure we had plenty of towels, when we called for ice, they brought it right away. So as far as service goes, they did very well. One thing that bothered me is that the hotel restaurant was somewhat expensive. 23 dollars for breakfast buffet is really ridiculous. The prices for room service were also outrageous. I would advise management to revisit these issues, but the rest was great.

• Stayed July 2014
ICatDoralMiami, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental at Doral Miami, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Okee1,

Thank you for this quick note about your stay. We appreciate when guests tell us how much they enjoyed our guest rooms, pool area, and friendly staff. We hope we see you again soon on your next trip to Miami.

Curacao
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We loved every part of it. We booked this hotel via Hotwire so we did not choose this hotel. It was a pleasant surprise. The staff was helpfull, giving us every attention needed. We stayed for only 2 nights but we felt like royalty. Everything you need is just one phone call away. I called to ask for a towel and within 2 minutes they brought it to us.

Fabulous bed! I would loved to stay there more. I will be back for sure. Pool area was quiet, kids had a blast too.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ICatDoralMiami, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental at Doral Miami, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Neddy25,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comment about our staff and their helpfulness to meet all your needs. We are glad you liked your bed and were able to enjoy the pool area.

We hope to see you all again soon,
Amsterdam Holland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I spent here five nights earlier this month, my first impression was not the greatest, as I have been waiting 45 minutes until the courtesy shuttle picked me up. Not a pleasant experience after several long haul flights, time zones and such.

Check in was great, got an upgraded room through my Ambassador membership, including lounge access. The lounge was opened till 23:00 I was told, which was great, as I could use a cold beverage or two.
To my dissappointment there was a receptionist at the lounge who told me the lounge was open till only 20:00, not only a rediculous time, but also in conflict what I was told a minute ago at the lobby. Also maximum two beverages are served per person, not my type of lounge.

Rooms are nice, airco somewhat noisy though, also a bit too much of an 'old laundry smell' in the room because of the apparently not that modern A/C.

Pool area is nice, ample seating, each table has a service button for ordering beverages.
A very positive point is that for the first time in ages I had great Wifi reception without any problem, even great coverage in the pool area anbd outside the lobby.

Generally speaking not a bad stay, but the lounge experience as well as the A/C will make me consider another hotel in Doral next month, as this hotel's pricing is quite similar to surrounding hotels.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
ICatDoralMiami, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental at Doral Miami, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Fatlive,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. It's very important to us to learn about our guest's experience at the hotel, therefore we appreciate greatly your comments. We apologize for the waiting time of the shuttle and the miscommunication regarding lounge hours, but are glad your check in was swift and that you enjoyed the pool area and WiFi service.

It has been our pleasure to serve you and we hope to do so again when you return to Miami.

Bellport, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I was so impressed with this hotel. I have stayed at many hotels and have never been attended to they way we were at this hotel.. The staff could not have been more friendly and professional. They were fantastic! They let us check in early as we had an very early flight. Then they let us check out late as we had a very late flight. From the doorman to the desk staff to the concierge and guest services! Anything thing we needed was done in a very quick fashion. I needed directions and they were sent to my room right away. Ice was delivered promptly as well. The staff was wonderful! The room was perfect! I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area. It was great! Hoping our son gets into FIU because this will be our hotel when visiting! Thank you!

Room Tip: We had a standard room. Very clean.
Dear Katie F.,

First of all, we'd like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us!

We are glad to hear your words about our staff, the attention you received, and how much you liked your room. Please allow us to wish your son luck. It's been our pleasure to serve you and we hope to have the opportunity to do so again.

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We were welcomed by a very helpful, warm young man who helped us with our bags. Very sweet and very professional. We had a chance to chat and he shared he is a college student with the hopes of majoring in Business and Hospitality. Intercontinental should invest in this young man, as he represented the brand very well. Then we checked in with Ms. Santamaria. She too was nothing less than professional, warm and welcoming! The rooms (we had requested connecting rooms) were perfect! One king and one double. The rooms were up to my standards of clean. I have the utmost highest expectations for cleanliness and I was very satisfied. There is nothing more I can say about how clean the rooms were, but to commend the housekeeping staff for their hard work. Furthermore, my last day I was expecting guests and requested that our rooms be cleaned first thing in the morning. They kindly granted my request. Again, wonderful service!

About the location, it worked for me. I have stayed directly on the beach in South Beach and other parts of Miami and this location was perfect for me. Why? Because it has free parking! It is close to casual dining establishments, and close to a major highway, I think it was 836. The breakfast buffet available in the wonderful in-house restaurant was FANTASTIC! Fresh everything and wonderful service! Flavorful and authentically Cuban chicken croquetas! Delicious!!! They also have a regular menu.

Again, overall my experience was wonderful. The staff was very helpful and professional. I traveled with my husband, 10 year old daughter and my sister and found it delightful overall. Bravo!!!

Wish I could stay again. I would love to serve as their "secret shopper" to compare other hotels of their brand to theirs, as they have set a standard I will come to expect everywhere else.

Thank you for making my stay peaceful, relaxing and happy.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ICatDoralMiami, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental at Doral Miami, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear NeidaHarold,

We thank you for taking the time to share such wonderful comments with us. We are delighted to hear your words about our staff and room cleanliness, it's very important to us that guests feel at home during their entire stay. We are also glad to hear you liked our convenient location, parking service, and breakfast buffet.

Once again, it thrills us to hear that you and your family had such a peaceful, relaxing, and happy stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.

InterContinental at Doral Miami
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doral
Element Miami Doral
4.0 of 5 stars 2,930 reviews
EuroSuites Hotel
#7 of 22 in Doral
4.0 of 5 stars 224 reviews

Been to InterContinental at Doral Miami? Share your experiences!