“Great stay!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
San Fernando, Trinidad
“Great stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

My husband and I spent a couple days in Miami for some shopping and decided to stay at this hotel. Very nice and comfortable...friendly staff, always there to assist. Didn't spend too much time at the hotel as we were out for the entire day. The only downfall is that they didn't have bottled water in the room and the pillows were too soft...otherwise we had a great stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

578 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Polish first
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I was traveling for vacations. I am Californian and we like good location and definitely a good service and this hotel has it all. I want to mention Nohora Venegas for excellent customer service, she want far a beyond to help me out after delayed flight and in much need of rest. She also recommended great places to eat and to visit. It was a great stay and I would totally return to this hotel when I am back in Miami!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Great place in a driving distance of malls, restaurants, an airport. Staff was amazing since the check in (thanks Ray) and during all our stay, always willing to help. Anything to complaint.
Facilities well maintained, big spaces even in the rooms (I had a double, with 2 beds).
I would for certain stay again in this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
London UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Small and personable!
Wonderful staff, some have been there for many years and it always feels like coming home.
I do not usually like to stay away from home, although I do travel 120+ nights per year.
Coming here is different, I like it a lot!!!
That's not a little, that's a LOTTLE!
And: Free Parking!

Room Tip: toward the back will give interesting views toward the landing strips at MIA. Get highest floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ICatDoralMiami, Manager at InterContinental at Doral Miami, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear TheSteck,

We are delighted to hear that you always feel at home at our hotel.
Thank you for the compliments on our staff, they definitely make the difference with the service they provide our guests.

We hope to see you soon again.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 7 nights while in Miami to get my daughter set up at FIU. I started out at a budget hotel north of the airport. It was OK, but after a few nights I decided to move to something more comfortable and in a more convenient location. I did my research and decided to stay at the Intercontinental and I am glad I did. I can honestly say that I have no complaints and I can always find something to complain about. We were greeted by Mauro the doorman who took our bags to our room and was happy to show us around. He helped me by making suggestions and providing directions several times during my stay. He is very charming and always has a smile; you can tell that he likes his job. Every staff member was extremely helpful during our stay, from the front desk staff to the restaurant staff to the concierge.

We were in the restaurant one evening when shortly after ordering my daughter told me she felt sick. The waiter and hostess were wonderful and very concerned. I asked if the food could be brought to our room and the hostess brought it herself. The concierge was also concerned and gave me the name of 2 clinics. He checked on us upon our return from the clinic and for the next few days.

Our room and indeed the entire hotel were spotless. I paid a little extra and stayed on the executive floor where they serve a buffet breakfast and snacks daily. The breakfast was well worth the price not to mention the convenience as we were always on the go. One day when it was slow, the waiter was working on something behind the serving counter. He has cut up some special fruits in an ornate fashion and brought the platter to us because he knew my daughter liked fruit. I did not have time to use the pool, but I did sit outside a few times and it is quite attractive. I did use the fitness center and I found the equipment to be plentiful with sufficient diversity that I got a great work out. The fitness center is very well maintained.

I don’t understand the bad reviews except to say that most of them are old. I know that some Intercontinental Hotels are very glitzy. Perhaps that is what these people expected. This hotel has more of an understated elegance. It is a well-oiled machine. It also does not have glitzy prices; I found it very reasonably priced and a very good value. I believe it is the best hotel outside of Miami Beach and downtown Miami. Quote frankly, I’ve stayed at those hotels and they have nothing on the Intercontinental Doral Miami. I hope to be in Miami from time to time visiting my daughter and I will always look to stay at the Intercontinental first. I’m on my second round of college tuitions, but if I can afford it I’ll be at my new favorite hotel.

Room Tip: I paid a little extra to stay on the Executive Floor which included a very nice breakfast buffet. Ev...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ICatDoralMiami, Manager at InterContinental at Doral Miami, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Frank C,

We are very pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for taking the time to give us your positive feedback on our staff and facilities.
We are very proud of our staff and we will make sure to share this with them.
We are looking forward to your next visit with the family.
We are honored to be considered your favorite hotel in Miami.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

A great hotel, free parking, enough parking spaces. Rooms large, not just the latest, bed ok.
Very nice lobby, lots of space around a small pool. The staff are friendly. In the vicinity are many restaurants, including fast food, to the Dolphin Mall is driving 5 to 10 min.

In different months of very different prices, from the inexpensive to expensive.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
FANDBICDORALMIAMI, Manager at InterContinental at Doral Miami, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear SebastjanP,

Thank you very much for the nice comments you expressed about our hotel. Our staff always strives to provide best customer service and we really appreciated your feedback and we will share with our staff.
We look forward in welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

San Jose, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

People are extremely friendly, the rooms are great. Concierge and front desk go out of the way to help you out. Great gym to work out. The food in the restaurants is really good, but pls don't order room service, the food is terrible.

Room Tip: Select the ones in front of the pool, great rooms
Green Features: They encourage the customers to reuse the towels and also it's good that they don't change the sheets every single day. Saving water these days is really important, I admire that.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear mfrivera,

Thank you for the great comments on our staff, food in restaurant and facilities.
We are glad that you had a good time at our hotel.
We will share your comments about the room service with our Food and Beverage Director.

InterContinental at Doral Miami

Been to InterContinental at Doral Miami? Share your experiences!