“Good stay, convenient to airport” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Doral
GreenLeadersSilver level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good stay, convenient to airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

The hotel was conveniently located and a good place to stay when on a business trip. There wasn't much of a view from my room, but my room was clean, quiet and comfortable. I found the staff to be friendly and professional. I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ICatDoralMiami, Manager at InterContinental at Doral Miami, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Kyotonigel,

Thank you for the great comment about your recent stay at our hotel.
We are definitely a great place for business but also for our leisure guests we have two great malls minutes away from us, the International Mall and the Dolphin Mall.
We are looking forward for your next visit.

578 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Polish first
nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here for 2 night. The staff were very friendly and offered us early checkin since our flight arrived at 10 and we wanted to checkin early and relax after a early flight. This place is very close to the airport and all the sights to visit is easily within 20mins of drive, if and only if the traffic permits. Miami is a nightmare when it comes to traffic. There is constructions everywhere and the traffic is terrible. One night we were stuck in traffic while getting to Lincoln road mall for more than 40mins. We ultimately took a u turn and got back to the hotel to enjoy their happy hour drinks which was a great deal.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ICatDoralMiami, Manager at InterContinental at Doral Miami, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear bebo23,

Thank you for the great review and for acknowledging the service of our staff. They are our great asset at the hotel. We are centrally located and this give our guests the benefit of being able to go anywhere in Miami. We hope to have you again soon as our guest.

Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Understand, Miami is a place with a LOT of high class properties... and some properties that just think they are. If you stay here, understand that NO view from your room will make you "sigh" ... there's just nothing you want to look out the window and see. The only rooms that excite are the ground floor rooms with patios to sit at (or smoke). The pool is nice but loses sun by 3PM. One HUGE beef is... gratuities are added to all bills... because there are so many international clients that think they're already paid... but I'm just warning the rest of us. Many of my colleagues added a tip when they shouldn't have.
The breakfast buffet is VERY ample, but at $18.99... who can eat that much food? HUGE BEEF #2!! There is NO FREE COFFEE FOR GUESTS NOT EATING BREAKFAST! Really? Every budget hotel has huge terrines of coffee for free,,,, and the clientele here being Central/South American are HUGE coffee drinkers... so I went to get a friend a cup of coffee and was directed to a corner where there wa a small pitcher of coffee,,,,, but the lids we out. I asked and they said... "Well.. we're out of lids... but because of that..we won't charge you for the coffee".
I was stunned....
The king bed has two thin long pillows... one more is in the closet. So if two people are in the room... one may get two (thin) but someone is getting one. Just as an example... my Hilton bed tonight? It has five.
Bottom line is.. I think this hotel thinks they are down on Collins Ave... you're not.

Dear Intrepid_Traveler58,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We rely on comments from our guests to better our services.
We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectation during your last visit to Miami. We will discuss the inconveniences experience with the appropriate departments.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife and I just completed our 3rd stay here and have planned a fourth. I really like to stay and eat in the Brickell area when in Miami......but once when the hotels I wanted in that area were sold out I decided to drive out to this Intercontinental. I've not been sorry I did that. Someone in the hotel told me that this was the smallest Intercontinental in the world and the only one located in the US which is owned by a company based outside the US. This is a Real Continental....and about two months ago I stayed in the Real (Intercontinental) San Salvador, their flagship hotel. The hotel entry is easily approached and entered by car, located near the airport and the complimentary self parking is a two minute walk from the main entrance. The staff are exceptionally friendly and eager to please.....attitudes are excellent.....many, especially in the Club Lounge, have worked for the hotel for a long time. It is one of those properties where they KNOW you by name shortly after you check in.....when I arrived this weekend it felt like a family weekend......all were very friendly......"welcome backs" were frequent. The arrival was crisp.....bag transfer and checkin practically instantaneous. The breakfast, afternoon tea and evening happy hour in the Club are all very warm events. Each time we have visited we have met and visited with a variety of people of all ages and nationalities......a lot of international visitors here......just an interesting and attractive hotel. The rooms are spacious, well equipped and comfortable in all respects. If you're doing business in the downtown area and don't have a car this is probably not your hotel....but if you're driving......and can get around the city.....this is really a great experience and when you are inside you feel as though you've left the busy, noisy outside world behind. The equipment and service in the Business Center are also first class. I can recommend this hotel also as an overnight stay for air travelers......it's a little far from the terminal but they do run an hourly shuttle during normal hours. A pleasant surprise and we'll be there whenever we're in Miami.....with wheels.

Room Tip: Spend a little more and go to the Club level if you can.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ICatDoralMiami, Manager at InterContinental at Doral Miami, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear roycharles,

Thank you very much for such great comments. As you were able to experience not only in Miami but also in our Sister property we take pride in serving you and we are committed to making your stay a memorable in each and every visit.
We are thrilled to know that the InterContinental at Doral is your preferred lodging location when in Miami.

Thank you and see on your fourth visit with us!

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I am giving 2 stars to this hotel because the staff is actually extremely nice and compensate for the lack of resting I got during my stay.

The hotel is fairly new, however, the beds, I got to try, were very uncomfortable. I got a room with 2 double beds and both of them were sinking and got me a good back ache.

On top of that, the pillows are just HORRIBLE.

For an Intercontinental that is supposed to be rated 4 - 5 stars, I have to say the maintenance of one of the most important things in a hotel (the beds) has a lot to say.

I have stayed in other brands with similar caliber (Sheraton, Delta, etc...) and all outperform this hotel.

Also, they charge an astronomical amount of money for Internet. Again, for a 4-5 star hotel, this should be a free service nowadays.

In general, the chain should speak to the owner of this hotel and review the standards.

The hotel did not provide the 2 things a business traveler need ... a good bed and pillows for a good night rest after a hard day at work, and internet to be connected with work.

Dear Augusto A,

Thank you for the time you have taken to complete this review. Your experience and feedback really does mean a lot to us.
We are terribly sorry to hear about your disappointing experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation when it came to you resting during your stay.
In you review you did not mention if we had offered different type of pillow to your liking, since we understand that a great rest is essential for a business traveler we offer foam or , feather pillow.
We will take into consideration your recommendations, our guest comments help us improve in our service.

Our staff tries their best to make sure that each guest is provided with the friendliest services, as you were able to experience firsthand.

We do hope you will give us another opportunity to be able to serve you.

Redditch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed here before going on a cruise, and it was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in
Hotel is furnished in high class materials. Bedrooms have real wood furniture and fixings.
Staff very friendly and helpfull
Restaurant very good and the Pizza the best I have ever tasted.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Paul A,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to give us your comment.
We are glad you enjoyed the décor in our rooms and that you were able to experience the exquisite food in our Armillary Grill.

We hope to see you again on your next trip to Miami.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 4 nights for our anniversary and all I can say is 'WOW' on the customer service we received!
As soon as we checked in, we were upgraded to an executive room on the 4th floor, and they also included breakfast! They also brought us a bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries to our room to celebrate our anniversary which felt very special!
The room was clean and the bathroom and shower were amazing! The bed was a huge King and very comfortable..just the way I like it, which was on the hard side (I hate soft bouncy beds). Very good sized plasma in the room, with also a safe, mini-bar, tea/coffee making facilities and a hairdryer all included
Hotel was close to many restaurants which were on the same road, including; Red Lobster, Taco Bell, Wendy's etc..
Hotel pool was lovely with sun loungers and clean towels for guests.
Hotel was about 19km from both Miami South beach and downtown. Therefore not a problem if you have a car. Parking was free at the hotel with plenty of spaces, which is quite hard to find in Miami hotels.
Would definately stay here again.
Only issue we had, were some of the other guests were playing loud Spanish music in their rooms late at night, but was quickly resolved by calling reception and complaining. Thankfully matter was dealt with quickly.

Room Tip: Upgrade and choose a room on the fourth floor! Very spacious and you get to eat breakfast on the 5t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ICatDoralMiami, Manager at InterContinental at Doral Miami, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear sherry-wagih,

Thank you for choosing the InterContinental at Doral to celebrate such a memorable date as your anniversary.
Congratulations, and we do hope you can come back and celebrate with us next year.
We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.

InterContinental at Doral Miami

Been to InterContinental at Doral Miami? Share your experiences!