“Amazing Hotel & Excellent service!” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Doral
GreenLeadersSilver level
London
“Amazing Hotel & Excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 4 nights for our anniversary and all I can say is 'WOW' on the customer service we received!
As soon as we checked in, we were upgraded to an executive room on the 4th floor, and they also included breakfast! They also brought us a bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries to our room to celebrate our anniversary which felt very special!
The room was clean and the bathroom and shower were amazing! The bed was a huge King and very comfortable..just the way I like it, which was on the hard side (I hate soft bouncy beds). Very good sized plasma in the room, with also a safe, mini-bar, tea/coffee making facilities and a hairdryer all included
Hotel was close to many restaurants which were on the same road, including; Red Lobster, Taco Bell, Wendy's etc..
Hotel pool was lovely with sun loungers and clean towels for guests.
Hotel was about 19km from both Miami South beach and downtown. Therefore not a problem if you have a car. Parking was free at the hotel with plenty of spaces, which is quite hard to find in Miami hotels.
Would definately stay here again.
Only issue we had, were some of the other guests were playing loud Spanish music in their rooms late at night, but was quickly resolved by calling reception and complaining. Thankfully matter was dealt with quickly.

Room Tip: Upgrade and choose a room on the fourth floor! Very spacious and you get to eat breakfast on the 5t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ICatDoralMiami, Manager at InterContinental at Doral Miami, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear sherry-wagih,

Thank you for choosing the InterContinental at Doral to celebrate such a memorable date as your anniversary.
Congratulations, and we do hope you can come back and celebrate with us next year.
We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.

582 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Polish first
Heredia, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My wife and I spent 5 nights at this property and everything went well. Free parking, excellent breakfast buffet and the location is close to several dining options. Gas station is just across the street if you want some snacks! It´s close to the airport, but the planes noise doesn´t get into your room. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Pablo L,

Thank you for choosing us for your recent stay in Miami. We were delighted to hear you had an enjoyable time at our hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Hampshire England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Booked as an overnight near Miami airport. The room was excellent, restaurant OK and breakfast good. The pool area was pleasant and excellently maintained. The shuttle service is only once an hour and takes 20-25 minutes, which adds too much time for an overnight stay. Being further from the airport meant there was very little plane noise. Not as good as some Intercontinentals we have stayed in, but perfectly adequate. I would probably stay nearer the airport next time, at for example the Marriott, Marriott Courtyard or the Hilton.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com

Dear dart7612,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the InterContinental at Doral with us.
We are happy to know that our amenities were to your standards. It was a real pleasure to have served you thoughout your entire stay.
We do hope to have you amongst our guests once again in the nearest future.

Brooklyn, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

The service was excellent! I had no problems at this hotel. The staff was attentive and even made helpful suggestions to ensure that my meeting went smoothly. I would definitely recommend this hotel. The location was a little out of the way, but that did not take away from my experience. The property is very clean and the staff super, super helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Martha J,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience.
It is a delight to hear you received the most pleasant and professional service at our property.
We are happy to know that our commitment of service met up to your standards.
We look forward to serving you again.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed at the this hotel twice (both times for 1 week) between April and May 2013. I liked the hotel, and most of the staff was really friendly and helpful. I asked for late check-outs both times, and they happily accommodated me.
What I didn't like:
- you have to pay for everything! Breakfast, internet, an extra bottle of water. I know my company will cover it for me, but it still seems strange to be paying for WIFI, I haven't paid for WIFI while traveling for business for while..
- breakfast: really good selection: from healthy to hearty, but 23 bucks for breakfast every days is way too much
- you can't open a window.. I don't know, maybe the area around the hotel is extremely dangerous (didn't look like it though!), but it really bothered me that I could not get any fresh air in the room

On the plus side, the bed was very comfortable, and the in-room service was super quick

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Alina_Austin,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your thoughts about your most recent stay here at the InterContinental at Doral Miami.
It is great to have this honest feedback so we can better service you in the future.
These points you have highlighted is something that we will look into, and see if we can improve for our guests.
On a lighter note, it’s great that you were able to rest in our comfortable beds.

We look forward to seeing you again here soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

The staff at this upscale hotel were professional, helpful and courteous with the exception of the servers at our conference meals who seemed over zealous, often removing plates while diners were still using their forks! I cannot say if this was due to instructions given by conference planning staff, but it was very disturbing, especially in the company of guests known to have chewing and swallowing problems and often needing extra time to eat a meal. It was also a huge distraction as several meals included speakers or round table discussions.
On a more personal note, my bed was apparently made up incorrectly so that under the sheet there was a full waterproof pad that crinkled, was lumpy, and, because it did not breathe, made me feel as if I was wearing rubberized pajamas! I discovered this on my own after the first restless night and removed it. When I tried to discuss this with the front desk staff, they did not seem to "get it" so neither explained nor apologized until I mentioned that I intended to review their hotel. Then I got weak "sorry about that".

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Marilyn B,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.
It is a pleasure to hear you refer to our staff as professionals, courteous and helpful.
I would like to apologies for your unpleasant experience with our beds making your nights restless. Truly sorry we did not meet your expectation here.
We have made this issue aware in our housekeeping department to avoid this happening again.
We hope to welcome you back in the future to regain your trust and confidence.

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We had a one night stay prior to a cruise. We had stayed there before and certainly will again. The room was very clean, large, very comfortable bed and a well equipped efficient bathroom. The room was also very quiet. We had just had a nine hour flight from London plus a couple of hours at Miami Airport in line at Immigration so what we needed was a perfect night sleep and that is what we got. It was nice to then relax in the garden prior to our departure to Port Everglades.
The Front Desk staff were very efficient and friendly. Thank you.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ICatDoralMiami, Manager at InterContinental at Doral Miami, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear John H,

It is great to know you are a repetitive guest with us and that we are your lodging preference when visiting Miami. It is always great to welcome prior guests back to our wonderful property.
We have the Best Rest philosophy and are truly pleased to see that you were able to experience it, we take pride in all the wonderful comments we receive regarding our sleeping accommodations.
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding our staff, we will share with our front desk colleagues how pleasant your experience was due to their level of service and friendliness.

We are looking forward for your next stay with us.

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to InterContinental at Doral Miami? Share your experiences!