“Always a great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Doral
GreenLeadersSilver level
Spring Lake, North Carolina
“Always a great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I was in Miami last week on business for two days. I always stay at the IC hotel, but it has been several years since I stayed there.

The IC hotel is always clean and the staff there is very professional. I was given a ground floor room next to the pool with an outdoor patio. It was awsome.

I highly reccomend the Intercontental if youre visiting Miami. They truly understand hospitality.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the ground floor next to the pool.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
ICatDoralMiami, Manager at InterContinental at Doral Miami, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear guest,
We are happy to see that you came back to us after some years and that you enjoyed your stay. Our Lanai rooms are definitely nice and relaxing and enjoying the private patio is a plus. We are glad that you were able to experience the luxuries of this room type.

We hope that you do not let another few years pass by before paying us another visit.

579 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Polish first
Albany, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

very clean, location is pretty good. would stay there again

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,
Thank you for your comment and we hope to see you again very soon.

Long Island NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

It's all true -- the hotel is nice and clean enough, but certainly not luxurious. The walls ARE paper thin and I heard the elevator dinging all night (for 3 nights!). The wait for room service was interminable (promised 20, got in in 45),and the thought that you'd have to wait that long for just ice is totally ridiculous. Pool is OK (hated their choice of bossa nova music blaring from the speakers), and I haven't been able to find the fitness center despite directions from two people because it's not well marked (no directional signs in the hallway). And no balconies! In a southern Florida location, why would someone think that guests wouldn't want to sit outside their rooms (without having to schlep downstairs to the public area?). Also, the business center has only 1 working computer (and it's a fairly large hotel!). My rate included breakfast which was also just OK -- very limited.

On the plus side, the bed was comfortable and the Almond Berry Basket from room service was delicious. The hotel operator is quite pleasant, as have been most of the staff.

Room Tip: overlooking the pool is the only decent view, but without a balcony, who cares?
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
ICatDoralMiami, Manager at InterContinental at Doral Miami, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We apologize for not meeting your needs during your stay. Not all hotels in Miami provide balconies, especially if their location is not somewhere on the beach. Although not all of our rooms have balconies, we do have 12 rooms with balconies from floors 2 through 6 and 7 poolside rooms with private terraces located on the first floor. These can be reserved when requested and upon availability. The music should never be blaring and we apologize if it disturbed you at all. Room Service sometimes gets a bit busy, but if we promise a specific time, it should be delivered then. Unfortunately, there may have been only one working computer in the business center at the time you went in, but we normally have two working computers. You may always ask our PBX Operators to help you print something out and they are always more than willing to help.

Again we apologize for the inconveniences you encountered and we hope that you may give us a second chance to provide you with all of the amenities and the service that we pride ourselves in.

DF
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I just had a week of hard work, thanks to Lourdes Mejia and Mr. Marti got the best results of my trip. I had the opportunity to meet on the first day at breakfast they are incredible committed professionals.

Room Tip: On the 5th floor you will find the club lounge great for private meetings.
Dear guest,

We definitely agree that Mr. Marti and Ms. Lourdes Mejia are incredibly committed professionals. Thank you for taking the time to notice!

Hope to see you soon!

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

This hotel is wonderful and I did not get a room! I had car troubles and one of the staff, Christopher Muina, was very helpful, polite and inviting as well as his colleagues. The service seemed great and everyone was happy and satisfied!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Dear guest,
Although you did not stay with us, we are glad to know that you were able to experience the great hospitality that we offer here. Hopefully next time you can experience it first hand as one of our guests.

San Pedro Sula, Honduras
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Overall, I can´t say this was 3star hotel, but that fact that the walls where made out of paper and had to call reception a couple times is enough. You could here the children running around the hallway, couples bickering and all the noises that come and go, made us have three horrible nights.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental at Doral Miami, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear Cecilia H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am particularly appreciative that you gave us high scores on Location, Rooms, and Cleanliness. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced due to the noise from our other guests. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I spent 2 nights here for a quick weekend getaway by myself and found it to be a good place to relax. While certainly not the most luxorious of the Intercontinental line, it was modern looking, clean, and comfortable. Everything from the lobby to the halls and to my room looked pretty well kept. The room was relatively nice, but again not as luxorious as I've come to expect from an Intercontinentals. Even the bed was below Intercontinental standards with just a so-so mattress and foam pillows. I don't think I've ever seen foam pillows at an Intercontinental before.

My room was on the club floor which provided a really good free breakfast with many different hot and cold options, and a much less generous evening spread of just one rather tastless hot appetizer, crackers, and cheese. But this rather pathetic evening food offering was more than offset by the free booze, which is getting more and more rare in this country. And the older gentleman who worked the club during evening hours was really nice and interesting. I spent over an hour talking to him about the local sights, his life story, and the history of the Miami area. The rest of the staff was okay, but not the most professional I've seen. The front desk seemed to a lot of people working there, but they all seemed just a little clueless. And the one day I got maid service I was out of the room from 10am until after 4pm, and of course the room still hadn't been cleaned when I returned, so I had to go out again to let the maid clean a little later.

I spent a considerable amount of time at the pool which is nice with palm trees and perfect water temperature. And there was no hint of chlorine despite a lot of time underwater with my eyes open. The gym was also nice with a good number of modern machines with the built in TVs. Also, very important to me was the free parking.

So in the end I really enjoyed my stay, but I must rate this place just average since I'm comparing it to its brand average. If it was instead a Holiday Inn or similar I could rate it much better, but then the rates would also be lower. I would have no problem staying here again on a good rate.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Our apologies for not having your room cleaned while you were out. We would have to investigate the reasoning behind that.
For the future, in case you were interested, we offer both foam and feather pillows. Our beds and pillows do meet both InterContinental Hotels and Real Hotels and Resorts standards.
We are currently looking into adding some variety to what we offer on the Club Floor, but that is still inthe works. The majority of our guests enjoy the food that is provided. Nonetheless, it is comments such as this one that help us better what we currently have in our hotel to make our guests feel more at home.

We appreciate your business and hope that you come back to see us in the near future.

InterContinental at Doral Miami

Been to InterContinental at Doral Miami? Share your experiences!