“great mid-priced hotel, a bit far from south beach” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Doral
GreenLeadersSilver level
caribbeanlover
“great mid-priced hotel, a bit far from south beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

We stayed here the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend as it was the best value I found out there when I searched last minute. The resort was much nicer than expected and the staff was really friendly and helpful. We only stayed one night, so I don't have too much of an opinion, but I would recommend staying here if you want to skip the high priced hotels on South Beach. There is a free shuttle to the airport which was a nice bonus.
The breakfast buffet was really good in the morning!
Biggest downside is that the beds were too soft and I couldn't get comfy! I think I could have solved this by taking off the pillowtop that they have on top of the bed.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
interwest, Manager at InterContinental at Doral Miami, responded to this review, June 8, 2011
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your business and for booking with us even if for one night. We are glad that you were able to enjoy yourself during the Memorial Day Holiday but we are very sorry that you were not 100% satisfied with our beds.

You are absolutely right; our Housekeeping Department is willing to accomodate our guests as best as possible to satisfy their sleeping needs and we would have been more than happy to remove the pillow top for you.

Hopefully you may give us a second chance to try our beds again and when you do make your reservation with us, have the agent place that in your reservation notes and we will take care of it for you!

Hope to see you soon!

InterContinental at Doral Miami

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Polish first
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

This hotel was beautiful, the food, wonderful, and the room, nice and clean. I found a great deal on it on hotwire, and this was definitely worth every penny. It was a great start to our cruise trip, and I would definitely stay here again.

Just know that there's a FREE airport shuttle...We didn't know this and ended up paying 30 dollars for a taxi :(

Room Tip: I used hotwire...(secret hotel option)
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us for your pre-cruise lodging needs. We are glad that you had a nice stay and were able to relax before your cruise, which by the way, we hope you had a fantastic time on!

We regret to hear that you were not aware of our Shuttle Service but for future reference, our shuttle runs from 6 a.m. to 10:45 p.m. daily. Hopefully we get the opportunity to serve you again in the near future and when you have arrived at the airport, please call the hotel at 305-468-1400 and let them know you are requesting our complimentary shuttle service.

We truly appreciate your feedback.

Happy Travels!

Centerville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

This hotel gives you alot of bang for your buck!! You will have trouoble finding hotel employees who speak english this well anywhere in Miami, they were very friendly and promt to respond to any requests that I had. We were all very pleased with our stay here and I will most deffinatley be returning.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be friendly.

We hope to see you soon!

Happy Travels,

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011 via mobile

It was very bad experience, I went on vacation to Miami and, I decide to stay close to the airport so I found this hotel. The room had a very strong smell of cigarette. Be very careful when you book with this hotel.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011 via mobile

Stayed one night, as I couldn't get a direct flight home. Lovely hotel, staff exceptionally nice, arranged to have Taxi pick me up for my very early flight and then called my room when taxi arrived.

Only issue was the shuttle. It doesn't routinely come to the airport you must call and I waited 40 minutes. Also runs from 6am-11pm so I had to spend another 28.00 for cab ride. If I were to spend just a short time in Miami (i spent just 12 hours) I would get a closer hotel to the airport that has a shuttle that runs 24 hours and makes a continuous loop. But for a longer stay this is a lovely hotel, the service was exceptional.

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your most recent stay with us.

We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable one-night stay. Hopefully next time we have the honor of serving you for longer.

As far as the Complimentary Shuttle Service, unfortunately we do not have a 24-hour service because we are not considered an airport hotel, but still offer this service for the convenience of our guests. We apologize for the wait you encountered but I assure you that your comment regarding the shuttle hours has been shared with the appropriate managers and will be considered as a possible option in the future.

We hope to see you soon.

Happy Travels,

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

Was in Miami for two nights and needed to stay near the airport. Rate was very good (~100$ a night) and I tend to be loyal to Intercontinentals, so went for it.

As an Intercontinental Ambassador, I was upgraded to a Business King room. OK enough, your basic smallish room. More Crowne Plaza than Intercontinental, but I am OK with that at the rate. Fruit plate waiting for me, and comes with free WiFi for Ambassadors and above. Free self-park as well, which is rare for airport hotels. Toiletries are Molton Brown.

No noise from the outside (it is under the flight path), but try to avoid connecting rooms. There is cruise traffic through the hotel, so expect the early morning noise of everyone putting their luggage in the hallways.

I would not hesitate to stay here again for the rate.

Room Tip: Avoid adjoining rooms!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
interwest, Manager at InterContinental at Doral Miami, responded to this review, June 2, 2011
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your business and are glad that you were able to enjoy your stay with us.

Thank you for your comments and tips and we hope to see you soon!

Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

We spent one night at the Intercontinental Doral. Odd area for a luxury hotel on a street with warehouses. It is not far from Miami Airport, but I would not classify it as an "airport area hotel". Room was average, although the desk clerk said the room was upgraded. Didn't seem so to me. The window (with a great view of a Shell gas station) was filled with condensation, making it impossible to see out. Obviously something wrong there. Bathroom was not large, although well appointed. We did have access to the Club Lounge and breakfast was very good. When we checked in Saturday late afternoon, the hallway was clogged with housekeeping carts for about 3 hours. I thought it was odd that there were 6-8 carts plopped in the hallways. Hotel staff was pleasant, although we had no special requests. The hotel seems to be used by cruise ship passengers the night before or after cruises. Lots of luggage lined up outside (unattanded) awaiting pick up. Free self-parking, and as a platinum memer, I recieved free internet. Room rate was a bargain, since I pre-paid. I would recommend hotel for overnight travelers.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Been to InterContinental at Doral Miami? Share your experiences!