“Strong smell of cigarette in the rom.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Doral
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Strong smell of cigarette in the rom.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011 via mobile

It was very bad experience, I went on vacation to Miami and, I decide to stay close to the airport so I found this hotel. The room had a very strong smell of cigarette. Be very careful when you book with this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011

567 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011 via mobile

Stayed one night, as I couldn't get a direct flight home. Lovely hotel, staff exceptionally nice, arranged to have Taxi pick me up for my very early flight and then called my room when taxi arrived.

Only issue was the shuttle. It doesn't routinely come to the airport you must call and I waited 40 minutes. Also runs from 6am-11pm so I had to spend another 28.00 for cab ride. If I were to spend just a short time in Miami (i spent just 12 hours) I would get a closer hotel to the airport that has a shuttle that runs 24 hours and makes a continuous loop. But for a longer stay this is a lovely hotel, the service was exceptional.

• Stayed May 2011
interwest, Manager at InterContinental at Doral Miami, responded to this review, June 8, 2011
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your most recent stay with us.

We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable one-night stay. Hopefully next time we have the honor of serving you for longer.

As far as the Complimentary Shuttle Service, unfortunately we do not have a 24-hour service because we are not considered an airport hotel, but still offer this service for the convenience of our guests. We apologize for the wait you encountered but I assure you that your comment regarding the shuttle hours has been shared with the appropriate managers and will be considered as a possible option in the future.

We hope to see you soon.

Happy Travels,

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

Was in Miami for two nights and needed to stay near the airport. Rate was very good (~100$ a night) and I tend to be loyal to Intercontinentals, so went for it.

As an Intercontinental Ambassador, I was upgraded to a Business King room. OK enough, your basic smallish room. More Crowne Plaza than Intercontinental, but I am OK with that at the rate. Fruit plate waiting for me, and comes with free WiFi for Ambassadors and above. Free self-park as well, which is rare for airport hotels. Toiletries are Molton Brown.

No noise from the outside (it is under the flight path), but try to avoid connecting rooms. There is cruise traffic through the hotel, so expect the early morning noise of everyone putting their luggage in the hallways.

I would not hesitate to stay here again for the rate.

Room Tip: Avoid adjoining rooms!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
interwest, Manager at InterContinental at Doral Miami, responded to this review, June 2, 2011
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your business and are glad that you were able to enjoy your stay with us.

Thank you for your comments and tips and we hope to see you soon!

Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

We spent one night at the Intercontinental Doral. Odd area for a luxury hotel on a street with warehouses. It is not far from Miami Airport, but I would not classify it as an "airport area hotel". Room was average, although the desk clerk said the room was upgraded. Didn't seem so to me. The window (with a great view of a Shell gas station) was filled with condensation, making it impossible to see out. Obviously something wrong there. Bathroom was not large, although well appointed. We did have access to the Club Lounge and breakfast was very good. When we checked in Saturday late afternoon, the hallway was clogged with housekeeping carts for about 3 hours. I thought it was odd that there were 6-8 carts plopped in the hallways. Hotel staff was pleasant, although we had no special requests. The hotel seems to be used by cruise ship passengers the night before or after cruises. Lots of luggage lined up outside (unattanded) awaiting pick up. Free self-parking, and as a platinum memer, I recieved free internet. Room rate was a bargain, since I pre-paid. I would recommend hotel for overnight travelers.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011 via mobile

We had a great week at this hotel. We went to Miami to play golf. The concegier was very helpfull. Arranged tee time, transportation, shopping and beach clubs.
I would stay there again next time.

• Stayed April 2011
interwest, Manager at InterContinental at Doral Miami, responded to this review, May 3, 2011
Dear Guest,

We hope you enjoyed your tee time and are happy that everything was arranged for you to make your stay a more enjoyable one.

Thank you for you positive comment and we hope to see you again very soon, for golf or any other special occassion!

Happy Travels,
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

I was disappointed at the follow through and capabilities of the front desk. No one took ownership of a problem I had and I spent 3 hours motivating the staff to help me solve it. Not good! The room smelled like mildew and I checked out a day early because I could not stand to be in the room any longer. The restaurant service was mediocre at best but since the tip is already built into the check there is NO recourse. No wonder the service was bad, they have no incentive to do well. They are rewarded for poor service.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

We had the best party thanks to Danny, Sonia, Tavi,Sr. Iglesias the food the service was outstanding I will recomend to all my friends to have their parties at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011
Dear Guest,

Your business is greatly appreciated and on behalf of our Sales and Catering Team, we are pleased that your event turned out to be so successful! Thank you for the recommendation to your family and friends and for mentioning those team members that assisted you during your event.

We hope to assist you in the planning of your future events as well.

InterContinental at Doral Miami

Been to InterContinental at Doral Miami? Share your experiences!