“Not an airport hotel, but otherwise great!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South

You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8655 NW 21st Terrace, Doral, FL 33122   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Doral
California
“Not an airport hotel, but otherwise great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Booked online thinking I was getting an airport hotel. Called the shuttle which came and picked me up from the airport, brought me to one of their hotels which turned out to different to where I had been booked in. 5 minutes later i was at the sister property, which a. does not operate as an airport hotel (you need to take a cab) and b. they could not use the shuttle that had delivered me to the hotel because that only starts at 7am, and my flight was at 6:50am. Anyways, I score them 9/10 for trying because once I explained everything they booked and paid for a taxi that got me to my flight on time. Good resolution, handled professionally. I hope they get their marketing sorted out so others do not end up with this confusion. Room was nice, clean, simple, but perfect for what I needed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am glad that you found your room to be nice and clean. Still, I am sorry to hear about the confusion regarding our location in relation to the airport; however, I am glad that we were able to assist you in getting a taxi to the airport. Your feedback will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Eugene, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Very nice staff and shuttle van driver. Clean. My room, facing the front parking lot, was quiet.

However....

To insure I will get up for early morning flights, I use both the alarm clock and a wake-up call. They do not take wake-up calls! I set the alarm although I was skeptical of using it since the 'snooze' button was lit up. I set the alarm on my iPhone. I'm glad I did. The alarm clock did not work. For someone relying on it, they would have missed their flight.

The main telephone in the room did not work. The TV remote did not work, so I could not turn on the TV. The morning 'free breakfast' was minimal. However, the price reflected that.

Room Tip: Freeway on the back, parking lot in front.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

We stayed here because Expedia listed it as close to the airport, but once we arrived this wasn't actually the case. There is a lot of traffic congestion in the area, so the 7 miles is a distance. However, there is also a lot of shopping and food available in the surrounding area.

The room is clean and includes a kitchenette and big closet. We didn't find it quiet as we could hear our neighbour's conversation late into the night, not to mention the planes overhead.

The staff is polite and the parking is free and easily accessible.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Chris - Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our clean hotel, your fully equipped kitchen and our polite staff. Still, I am sorry to hear that our location was not as conveniently located in relation to the airport as you expected. As well, I am sorry that you experienced some noise disturbance from neighboring guests. Your feedback will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

This property is perfect for either a weekend stay or a week here in Miami. The property is located about a mile from an expressway, within walking distance to many restaurants and supermarket, near an office business area on one side and a residential area on the other. It's about 15 minutes from door to door of the airport.
The property is clean, well kept and quiet as are the rooms themselves.. The rooms have a small sitting room and a kitchen. Many times I enjoy both making myself a light meal or snack. It gives me time flexibility and saves me travel money.
The staff are polite, pleasant and knowledgeable about the local area and the city Ivan Corea Front Desk Clerk is exceptionally helpful and will gladly advise the guests with directions, places of interests, and generally make one feel comfortable and welcomed.
Why do I go on about this place? Because I live about 1/2 a mile from there and whenever I have visitors from out of state, whether it be business or acquaintances, I recommend this site. Not once has anyone not praised my recommendation or not happy to have stayed there.

Room Tip: Talk to Ivan about your preferences. He'll make sure you're happy.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you were satisfied with the cleanliness of your room and the service provided by our staff. I will be sure to pass your comments on to Ivan and the rest of our team. We look forward to welcoming you and your guests again in the future.
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stayed at this hotel in late November and didn't have a very good experience. Our flight got in at 1 in the morning and we didn't end up getting to the hotel until 3:30am. The hotel is not overly close to the airport and due to construction it took around 45 minutes to an hour to get there in a cab. Upon arrival we were fairly impressed with the room, it had everything we needed and was decent for the price we paid. About half an hour after going to bed a very large cockroach ran accross the floor. When we requested a room change we were told there were none available. Unfortunately this ruined the experiene for us, and we won't be returning.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and amenities. Still, I apologize that you had difficulties getting to our location. As well, I am sorry for the issue you encountered in you room. I can assure you that we are taking actions to ensure that this does not occur in the future. I hope that you will give us an opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
Mount Airy, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Name includes "airport" but it is 7 miles from the place. In the middle of day, this could take 45 minutes. AND what made it challenging was there is no shuttle service offered from there. Taxi costs about $25-30 one way. It was frustrating b/c they didn't offer any help to figure it. We were leaving on 6am out of Miami. In any case, the accomodation was fine. Room ok for 2, only queen bed, not std king, but it was comfy. Little kitchenette and clean bath.

• Stayed January 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you found your fully equipped kitchen and the cleanliness of your bath to be satisfactory. Still, I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you encountered regarding our hotel's distance from the airport. As well, I apologize that our staff was unable to professionally assist you in your efforts to find transportation. I will speak with our staff to ensure that these problems don’t occur in the future.

Thank you again for your review. I hope that you will give us another chance to better serve you in the future.
Belo Horizonte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We arrived late night at Miami International and needed a place for the night, this was a great option: close and well-priced. The room is a good size, it even has a small kitchen if you want to cook in, and the bed is really comfortable. The only downside was the smell of cigarettes in the room, despite it being a non-smoking room. Oh, and since it's close to the airport, of course you have planes flying over your head.
The breakfast included is just "grab and go" stuff such as oatmeal, coffee and muffins.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear your room had a slight smoke odor and are working to eliminate this as soon as possible. Still, I am glad that you liked our hotel's location, your spacious room, especially the kitchen, and our easy to grab breakfast selections.

We hope you will give us a second chance in the future to do our best to provide you with a better experience. Thank you again for your review.

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South

Address: 8655 NW 21st Terrace, Doral, FL 33122
Location: United States > Florida > Doral
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
#5 Business Hotel in Doral
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Miami - Airport - Doral Hotel Miami
Extended Stay America Miami
Extended Stay Miami
Miami Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.