“Great value & helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South

You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8655 NW 21st Terrace, Doral, FL 33122   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Doral
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Great value & helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for the weekend and was pleasantly surprised. It's an older hotel, but clean and well-maintained. The hotel's in a safe and convenient location, right off the 836, close to several restaurants (and a Walmart), in case you didn't want to to use the full kitchen in the hotel room. Another huge plus was how quiet the hotel was; even sold-out, you couldn't hear your neighbors in the adjoining room. No parking hassles like some other hotels in the busy Doral area. And the staff was so nice and very helpful when I needed extra supplies, or electrical tape to fix a broken wire. I'll definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Stayed on the top floor
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for such a great review of your recent stay at Extended Stay America Doral 87th Avenue South. It is a pleasure to read feedback such as yours because it shows us our efforts are serving their purpose: to offer our guests clean and comfortable rooms and above all great service, all at an affordable price! It is good to know you found our location so convenient and were satisfied with our amenities as well.

Thank you again for providing a review of your stay. We will be looking forward to your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Nice large room, clean, enjoyed the convenience of the kitchen. Staff were friendly and helpful, the location was great - bank, drug store, and restaurants within walking distance…. All good and would definately recommend. We had a short stay - this hotel would be ideal for either a one night or longer stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. It is very rewarding to read that you had a great experience during your stay and that you enjoyed our amenities as well as our location. It is especially nice to read that our staff took such good care of you and that you would recommend us.

Thank you once more for a great review. We hope to see you again soon.
Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Loved it. Don't listen to bad reviews. The place is awesome.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in 4th floor and as far from elevators as possible to avoid noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Cynthia - Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel. It is very rewarding to read such positive feedback. Our staff is committed to providing a “home away from home” for our guests; hearing that we have accomplished this means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect and deserve.

Thank you again for your positive comments. We hope to welcome you back soon!
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Let me preface by saying that I depend on Trip Advisor and its members to guide me towards accommodations and restaurants in cities I have never ventured to. This case is a bit different. I recently accepted a position that requires to me to relocate approximately 50 miles. While that is not much, with my first child (daughter) due next month, I need to find a place that met or exceeded the needs of my growing family. To give me the time to look locally, and due to positive prior experiences, I decided to stay at this particular Extended Stay America as it is a few short miles from my new job. This way I could have ample time to work with Realtors to find the best possible home for my growing family.

Now that you have perspective, let's get to the property. While there is some construction, the property is clean has plenty of parking and is located just West of MIA airport. First hurdle: despite having a prepaid receipt in my hand from Hotels.com, upon arrival a the front desk I was advised that they did not have a reservation,

Rather than make a big fuss, with the help of the counter personnel, and a call to Hotels.com, it was resolved without further issue. Most importantly, after a few cocktails at Tony Roma's (located across the street) I retired to bed. The next morning (today), I was disturbed to notice that some of the construction dust and debris has found its way into my room. At first glance one might think that it had not been cleaned but I could tell otherwise. As a Sales Manager myself I asked if I could have a Manager come to my room; his name was Michael Taboada. I walked him through a couple of minor issues; a small area that had not been vacuumed, a dirty high stool, nothing with any major issues that I understood could have been unintentionally missed by housekeeping.

Mr. Taboada, rather than ask me to waste more time from my already backed up day, decided to personally take me to other rooms that he had personally inspected, allowing me to choose for myself. I assure you, with the upgrades/renovations they are doing, Mr. Taboada could have been tending to customers checking in, rather he decided to protect the image of his property, for which the owners have entrusted him, and personally walk me room by room til I found one the I was satisfied with. For me, he went above and beyond the call of duty, and this is in his nature. It was obvious that he knew how to deal with customers and was committed to making sure I felt at home. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

As a result I have extended my stay here, and would recommend this property to my friends, family, and colleagues. Most importantly, the staff is excellent. You cant go wrong here. Pool is clean, plenty of parking, affordable rates, location is near everything. I truly believe Trip Advisor poses its greatest value when we can get a message like this out. If your ever in the area of Doral Florida, check them out; you won’t regret. Kudos to Mr. Toboada and his team for going the extra mile to make me feel at home.

Lastly, the corporate office should recognize this young man, Mr. Toboada is an example to all hotel Assistant Manager looking to grow professionally. I look forward to my return.

Room Tip: Want a good room; check in. You will get one.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

In line with other reviews, and other Extended Stay properties...grab and go breakfast is a nice touch...staff friendly...located in convenient Doral...priced right, especially with a discount code.
Place was quiet, and, of course, non-smoking.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am glad to know that our staff provided courteous customer service. Also, I am pleased to hear that you found our location to be convenient for your stay. It is also great to hear that you had an opportunity to take advantage of our grab-and-go breakfast.

We hope to see you again soon! Thank you again for your nice review!
Rochester Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I enjoyed the stay here, actually the room was large compare to average, has all you need, appilances, fridge..etc... the free breakfast was very basic just coffee and muffing.
No complaints and I recommend to other people.

Room Tip: Any room not facing the freeway if you do not like noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I am thrilled to hear that you liked the size of our rooms and you found everything you needed during your stay.

Once again, thank you again for choosing Extended Stay America, we hope to see you again soon.
Lewes, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

After three stays in as many months it's pretty clear that I've found my Miami home away from home. I tried other places in this area, and some were pretty good value, but this extended stay hotel beats them all on price and convenience. Although my trips to Miami have me traveling solo, the room size is generous enough for two.

Pros: Since eating out is a big budget drain when traveling it's great to have a full size refrigerator in the room, as well as stove, microwave, and toaster. The rooms are quiet, especially with the white noise from the air conditioner. The beds are quite comfortable. The furniture is not lavish, but it is functional and satisfies most needs. I found the once-weekly maid service to be a benefit. After all, who changes their sheets and towels every day when at home. And it's great to have the option of not having to pay for this service every day. The laundry room is very convenient and never crowded. Best of all, in the pro column, is the friendliness of the staff. Special mention goes to Ivan and Mariela, but everyone on the staff deserves high marks for creating a very friendly and helpful atmosphere.

Cons: There is no shuttle to the airport. The quality of apples and oranges at breakfast could use an upgrade. Adding some bananas would be a good idea. The restaurant and grocery stores within walking distance are OK, but not great. If you have a car there are better options not much further away.

Would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
John - Thank you for your great review of our property. I am so pleased to hear that you consider our hotel to be your "home away from home" in Miami! It is our goal to provide our customers with comfortable rooms and friendly service, all at an affordable price. It is wonderful to know that we have accomplished this during your stay.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South

Address: 8655 NW 21st Terrace, Doral, FL 33122
Location: United States > Florida > Doral
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
#5 Business Hotel in Doral
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Miami - Airport - Doral Hotel Miami
Extended Stay America Miami
Extended Stay Miami
Miami Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.