“Satisfied” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Doral
Chicago, United States
“Satisfied”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Completely satisfied with hotel its workers behind the counters, cleaning crew did a very good job each day picking up my room. I'll be completely satisfied if the buffet breakfast had sufficient items to have decent breakfast without the waiting. One day there was no fruit, milk, waffle mix, eggs. Asked the older gentleman stocking the buffet for these items in English he seem not to understand. Asked him in Spanish and still couldn't get any where with him. Had yogurt and a small chocolate muffing with juice that morning. Next day was a chaos again. Had to go out for breakfast instead. I would not degrade the hotel just for this inconvenience.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Orange County/CA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

For a great night's rest, at a reasonable price, this hotel more than met our expectations. Breakfast in the morning, newspaper, and cookies in the afternoon to welcome you. Apples throughout the day area available too. Favorite is the flavored lemon water and orange water chilled to perfection to quench your thirst as you head to you room or out for the day. Great stay. Great staff. Great accommodations. Highly recommend this property and will be staying again soon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Laurel, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I loved my stay there. Though brief it went like clock work. The staff was helpful, the place clean, and provided a good breakfast. I also enjoyed terrific internet access. I would stay there again on future travels.

United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I chose this hotel because I needed a park, stay, and fly package. There were no luggage carts available upon check-in. I was told they were in use and it would be maybe 5 minutes. I left hotel to run 20 minute errand, returned to find still no cart. I had 2 suitcases, 1 duffel, 1 backpack and hanging clothes to bring in. I finally got a cart at least 30 minutes after check in, after the staff hunted one down for me. They should have started hunting for one sooner. Upon opening door of 1st assigned room, I was hit with a blast of very strong cigarette odor (so strong that it was like someone had just minutes before been smoking in that room). I closed the door and returned to front desk and was given a different room. No problem with cigarette odor in the second room. From that point, overall hotel experience was fine, average expectancy of most hotels, clean, breakfast included was above average. Staff was always pleasant. However, the return from trip experience was a different story, far from satisfactory. Outbound, the shuttle service to the airport was uneventful, the van left promptly on the hour as advertised, the driver helped with luggage and I tipped her. Upon returning, I called the hotel when I had my bags. They told me that the shuttle ran on the hour. I asked what time it was right then and the lady told me that it was 12:50pm and the shuttle would leave for the airport at 1:00pm. That was fine, perfect timing so I proceeded to the area where she had directed me to wait. I was at the location by 12:55pm, so there was no worry about missing the shuttle. Well, no shuttle arrived, no shuttle arrived and the clock is ticking away. I called when I finally saw a Hampton Inn shuttle drive by without stopping at 1:20pm. Turns out it was from a different Hampton Inn, or so I was told. I was told my shuttle was on the way. 15 mins. later, no shuttle, no shuttle so I called again and was told that the shuttle had just left 2 mins before and was on its way. Finally, at approx. 1:45pm the shuttle picked me up. When we arrived at the hotel at 1:55pm, I asked the driver to drop me and my bags at my car, he did and I tipped him. I did not express my anger to him nor to the desk staff. I was extremely tired from my trip and the flight and I still had a 3 hour drive ahead in heavy thunderstorms. It would not have accomplished anything to question my delayed pickup so I just left. (I was extremely angry by the delay, but as I was already an hour behind schedule and anticipating the long drive in inclement weather, I chose not to confront anyone about it. I don't know how the issue could have been resolved since it was about lost time) I will not use this hotel again, mainly due to the poor shuttle service. the bad shuttle experience made the rate charged for park, stay, fly a costly mistake. Too many other hotels in the area offer parking and shuttle service for the same rate or less. I don't need frustration like this after a long trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Bonifay, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

By far the best Hotel expeirence ever !! Extremely nice people. I would recomend this Hotel to anyone ! Great breakfast , beautiful diningroom. All in all fantastic !!! The only complaint , and it really isnt a complaint , the rooms were a little small. Super cozy beds thou lol ! Everything was clean and nice looking. I really enjoyed having an ice and vending machine on the 5th floor , I really hate having to use the elevator everytime I need ice.I will def. Be coming back to this Hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Santo Andre, SP
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Breakfast good. Clean room. Great location.
One hour waiting for the shuttle in airport to hotel, i called to the hotel , and still wait for more 15 minutes in airport.
We were in three, but only one king bed..... And one sofa very bad.
The shuttle to the port is not free, cost u$ 12 / person

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I am an Hilton Employee and I know how people should be treated and this hotel being part of Hilton was horrible and had the worst customer service!! The morning front desk staff were so rude to us and didn't make us feel welcome at all! The only people that were very helpful and nice was George from the front desk and Albaro the shuttle driver. The hotel's pool was dirty every time we went for a swim and we had to clean it up ourselves and there was hardly any pool towels. Also, our room didn't get service even though we asked for it to be serviced. Over all this was a very poor stay and will not ever come back to this hotel or will I recommend this hotel to any one I know.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hampton Inn Miami-Airport West? Share your experiences!