“Great location, however too many stupid flyers!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Shop and Drop
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Doral
Ulm, Germany
“Great location, however too many stupid flyers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We got a great deal online for this place.

However, each day we received these stupid flyers under our door for pizza and other fast food, although it clearly states downstairs that flyers will not be tolerated. Each time I took the flyers to reception, they literally just took if from me in silence, and then continued with whatever they were doing!!

Lots of Spanish was spoken, especially at breakfast. Hordes of people gouged their faces on the 'free' breakfast (it's included in your price, people!!) Be prepared to be shoved out of the way by hungry adults!

These annoyances are more a reflection on the clientele than the actual hotel.

However we were originally given a smoking room, and after pleading with reception, they finally changed us to a non-smoking the next day.

There was fungus on the shower head.

The toilet paper roll was completely broken.

Both basins kept leaking terribly.

The table was scratched as though a dog had mauled it.

I've tried to contact the hotel, however my emails keep bouncing back... will need to call them internationally.

I recommend this place, in the hope that you don't get either rooms 209 or 416.. perhaps the other rooms are not as dodgy as ours were?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The staff were very friendly and attentive. They made arrangements for shuttle service in a timely fashion. Getting the shuttle at the airport was no problem and we boarded the shuttle to the cruise terminal right at the front entrance.
Excellent variety for breakfast and a patio off the pool to enjoy your breakfast in the sun!
If you are looking for a place to stay for one night, like we did before our cruise, this is a great option. If you are looking for a place that offers close proximity to shopping or other tourist attractions we found it was in an industrial area and you would need a cab or rental car to see anything beyond the hotel.
There was nothing that stood out as amazing and nothing that stood out as terrible.

Pouch COve, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I could have stayed at a much higher quality hotel for the price I paid to stay here. The roomed that I had stayed in smelled of mold. Also, the package I had reserved on-line was not the same package I had relieved. I booked a, "dolphin mall package". It was suppose to include a coupon book for the dolphin mall, free transfer and a coupon for an Italian restaurant. The hotel staff had no idea what I was talking about. Free transfer is offered anyway. However, I had booked at the higher price for the extras and never did get them. Not impressed at all !!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

R B, Manager at Hampton Inn Miami-Airport West, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience and regret that you did not receive all the amenities offered in your promotional package. This is our first time doing this particular package and I apologize for the desk staffs unawareness of the details of this package. I have made modifications to your reciept as compensation and we would like the opportunity to follow up with you and help rectify any other issues. Please contact us directly at your earliest convenience.

Rodney G. Bennett
Assistant General Manager
Hampton Inn Miami Airport West
rodney.bennett2@hilton.com
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Stayed at this Hampton Inn for one night as a lay-over before catching a flight out the next day. We arrived before check in and they were happy to give us a room early. The hotel was clean and the room was typical for a Hampton hotel. The staff was helpful and always kind. There are a few restaurants within walking distance and a convienance store very close by for drinks and snacks. This was important to us as we did not have a car. Breakfast was average and provided a variety of hot and cold foods, juices and fruit. The pool was clean and they provide towels. The airport shuttle service was free and quick. Would definitely stay at this location again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Like a dream come true. Place lets you park foy car for free for up to 14 days if you spend one night at their hotel, and the price per night is real cheap.

Best of all they offer the famous Hampton Inn breakfast with super friendly employees that aim to please.

Jacksonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This property provides the Hilton quality in accommodations while providing a secure place to leave a vehicle while you are cruising.
Good breakfast and warm, friendly staff.
Would definitely stay again if cruising out of Miami Port.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Cairo, Egypt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The hotel was good but somehow far from Miami city center and south beach but this was not a problem for me because I had a car, the only issue I have that I forgot my Jacket in the room on my check out and I called the hotel to check they don’t have any kind of follow up and I got the same answer every time that they will check with room service and ask me to call again till I got frustrated and stopped calling them.

Room Tip: Honesty is one of the most important values so I don’t recommend that anyone should deal with a plac...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
R B, Manager at Hampton Inn Miami-Airport West, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Miami. As I read your review, I must greatly apologize for the breakdown of communication that you experienced in regards to contacting the desk about your jacket. Our front desk gets very, very busy at times and I can see where the communication to follow up with you has failed and again, I apologize for that. I'm sorry that you saw this communication failure as being dishonest? I will review this with my staff so that it doesn't happen in the future. In regards to the jacket, I see that you stayed in the month of May. As we investigate this, I have looked through our lost and found and all of our reports for the month of May and there is no Jacket that has been reported to any of the Lost and Found staff or hotel management. Are you sure you stayed in May? Are we looking at the wrong time frame? Do you have any other details about your reservation that would help me locate this jacket with in the hotel? To avoid any future communication errors, you can contact me directly by email at rodney.bennett2@hilton.com or by fax at 305.513.9019 or by phone at 305.513.0777 Ext 6505, it would be my pleasure to assist you. Again, I will make persistent effort to follow up with and train my staff on this issue. Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Rodney G. Bennett
Assistant General Manager
Hampton Inn Miami Airport West
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doral
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
#3 of 22 in Doral
4.5 of 5 stars 39 reviews
Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral
Candlewood Suites Miami Airport West

Been to Hampton Inn Miami-Airport West? Share your experiences!