“Amazing sushi and ceviche” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 176 Restaurants in Doral
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: new sushi bar in Doral
“Amazing sushi and ceviche”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

I visited here while in Miami on business. The location is a small strip mall that wouldn't garner a second look. But, the interior of this restaurant is clean and contemporary. We started with tuna tataki and hamachi jalepeno. Both were the most amazing thin slices of fish that melted in our mouths. We also ordered the lobster ceviche and pronounced it so good we fought over the last bits. The sauce it was in good have been slurped with a straw it was so good. I asked for a recommendation among the sushi rolls, as they have many unusual ones. Our waitress recommended the Catalina roll, shrimp tempura, goat cheese, sundried tomatoes inside with tuna, avocado, almond slices outside and drizzled with warm honey. All we could say was, wow. No soy sauce required! Our last bites were several pieces of different sushi nigiri. The fish was the best over ever had, melting in my mouth. While our waitress was good at recommendations, she wasn't good at refilling our water glasses and we were two of the six diners present. Our bill with a bowl of standard miso soup came to $103.00.

Visited September 2013

Miami, Florida
“Good food, good service, yet overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I've been to Kamiko more than a dozen times, and have ALWAYS been satisfied with the service and quality of the food. Lately, it seems to me that the prices have been increasing, to a point where it has become too expensive, compared to all other sushi restaurants in the area.

The atmosphere is good, and due to its location and not being a luxurious restaurant, I believe it shouldn't be so expensive.

That being said, I will continue going there, albeit with a much lesser frequency than before.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami Beach, Florida
“Best sushi restaurant in Miami!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

If you are in Miami and you are looking for excellent sushi, go to this restaurant, Kamiko. Their rolls are fantastic and they are very creative in their use of ingredients in their rolls. I highly recommend this restaurant to all my friends and visitors in the Miami area. It also helped to have a great discount using a coupon from Hometown Magazine.

I can't wait to go again soon!

• Visited July 2013
Doral, Florida
“Best Sushi i ever ate!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I have eaten in some of the best places in the US. and I can honestly say that this is the BEST sushi I have ever eaten. Their choice of ingredients and their sauces are beyond delicious! I have been there multiple times and they have never disappointed. Service, ambiance, flavors & freshness are always exemplary! Whenever my kids are back home, the first place they want to eat is at Kamiko! PLUS they give a great discount in the Hometown Magazine! What more could you ask for?!

• Visited August 2013
Medellin, Colombia
“One of the best sushi places!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

The food is really good here, the sushi, the appetizers, the desserts, everything is top quality. And the service is very good!

• Visited April 2013