We stayed here on the backend of a cruise...basically to waste a day before our flight. When we stayed there (Jan '11) they were undergoing renovations. There is a good and a bad side to this:
The good side is that our room was finished and was very nice (see below). The bad side is that if we been there during the week...there would have been construction noise. Even on the weekend there was some.
The room, for the price, was fantastic. Everything was new and quite big. They seemed to have all the little extras that make you feel like you got a really good deal (hand creams, a couch, different styles of pillows, fancy dark wood....stuff like that). I don't know if this is a chain-wide thing, or just this hotel, but they seem to be putting a lot of effort into making you feel at home.
The guy taking care of the free breakfast buffet was very friendly...as was all the front counter staff we dealt with.
The (outdoor) hotel bar seemed more like a local hangout, at least on the night we were there. We felt like we were hanging out in the corner while the bartender partied with all his friends. He was nice enough...but it wasn't what i'd call a relaxing place.
One negative to this hotel is that it is not really near anything. If you're like us and didn't have a car, they do provide a free shuttle able to take you to the airport and a few malls/attrractions. One problem we had with this shuttle is that there is only one...so you're at its mercy as to what time you leave and/or are picked up. We had to wait for well over an hour at one of the malls for it to get us. The drivers we dealt with were't particularly friendly either....at least it was free.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our newly renovated hotel is located in the Dolphin Mall/International Mall area of Miami/Doral, Florida with shuttle service available. Located only moments away from Miami International Airport, our hotel offers beautifully appointed rooms and 2 room condominium style suites with fully equipped kitchens. We can't wait to meet you on your next trip to Miami! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, EasyToBook, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall Hotel Miami
- Hampton Inn And Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall
- Hampton Inn Doral Blvd
- Hampton Inn Miami
- Miami Hampton Inn