I stayed here post-cruise. Upon arriving at approximately 10:00a.m. no rooms were ready, so I had to wait till 2:00p.m to finally get a room. Upon getting to my room, which was NOT a suite, it was a regular hotel room with 2 double beds. On the bed head board it is written on post-it notes "Duvet covers and sheets are clean for your arrival." Well quite frankly, I hope so. I just found it rather odd to see this. It goes without saying that you should have clean sheets, etc.. at any hotel. I put my luggage on one of the beds, as I needed to rearrange my luggage for air travel the following day. I went to turn the TV on, but it did not work. I called the front desk and someone came up quickly to fix the problem. It turned out that the wires were loose at the back of the TV. Once fixed, I turned the TV on and went to sit on the other bed to watch some TV. Upon sitting down, I felt something rather hard that I had sat on. I stood up and felt the bed with my hand and sure enough there was something under the bed spread that was protruding. I turned down the bed spread and the sheets and was shocked to find the top of an aerosol can with .10 cents in it, as well as hotel key cards. Obviously the duvet and sheets had not been cleaned!! I called the front desk and they sent up the housekeeping manager. She could hardly speak English. I showed her what I found and how I found it and all she said was " you want I change the sheets?" She changed all the bedding and left the room saying, "Sorry." You know I travel a lot for business and I have seen my share of faux-pas in hotels, but this was inexcusable. The next morning on check out I asked to speak to the manager and it turned out that I was speaking with her. Ashleigh Rohr, her name is. I explained what had happened and she was appalled. She apologized and explained that this was the first day of new management at the hotel. She promised to make things right and did give me back all my Hilton points that I had used to book this room. She said there was a team in the hotel as of the morning and more new team members arriving that afternoon. They intend to refurbish the hotel and make sure it represents the standards of a Hilton property. She also said the new head of housekeeping was arriving that afternoon. So even though I did rate the property as poor, I believe that it will improve drastically as per the new management at the hotel. And I must say, Ashleigh was very sincere in her apology.
The property is in a Latino area. The property does not have a restaurant but does have a buffet breakfast that is complimentary. There is a Burger King and McDonalds in the shopping center down the street as well as a Subway. There is a Cuban restaurant next store to the property. There are a couple of other restaurants within walking distance, Italian and Middle Eastern.
They do offer a shuttle to the big shopping mall, but do not have a complimentary shuttle service to the airport. They can get you a shuttle for $45.00, however I was able to get my own shuttle from Super Shuttle for $25.00 to Miami International airport. Really not a great location if you do not have a car. Would I stay at this hotel again, No.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our newly renovated hotel is located in the Dolphin Mall/International Mall area of Miami/Doral, Florida with shuttle service available. Located only moments away from Miami International Airport, our hotel offers beautifully appointed rooms and 2 room condominium style suites with fully equipped kitchens. We can't wait to meet you on your next trip to Miami! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall Hotel Miami
- Hampton Inn And Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall
- Hampton Inn Doral Blvd
- Hampton Inn Miami
- Miami Hampton Inn