“Poor, but new management is on the horizon, new manager apologized for my experience and made things right” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall

Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Doral
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed here post-cruise. Upon arriving at approximately 10:00a.m. no rooms were ready, so I had to wait till 2:00p.m to finally get a room. Upon getting to my room, which was NOT a suite, it was a regular hotel room with 2 double beds. On the bed head board it is written on post-it notes "Duvet covers and sheets are clean for your arrival." Well quite frankly, I hope so. I just found it rather odd to see this. It goes without saying that you should have clean sheets, etc.. at any hotel. I put my luggage on one of the beds, as I needed to rearrange my luggage for air travel the following day. I went to turn the TV on, but it did not work. I called the front desk and someone came up quickly to fix the problem. It turned out that the wires were loose at the back of the TV. Once fixed, I turned the TV on and went to sit on the other bed to watch some TV. Upon sitting down, I felt something rather hard that I had sat on. I stood up and felt the bed with my hand and sure enough there was something under the bed spread that was protruding. I turned down the bed spread and the sheets and was shocked to find the top of an aerosol can with .10 cents in it, as well as hotel key cards. Obviously the duvet and sheets had not been cleaned!! I called the front desk and they sent up the housekeeping manager. She could hardly speak English. I showed her what I found and how I found it and all she said was " you want I change the sheets?" She changed all the bedding and left the room saying, "Sorry." You know I travel a lot for business and I have seen my share of faux-pas in hotels, but this was inexcusable. The next morning on check out I asked to speak to the manager and it turned out that I was speaking with her. Ashleigh Rohr, her name is. I explained what had happened and she was appalled. She apologized and explained that this was the first day of new management at the hotel. She promised to make things right and did give me back all my Hilton points that I had used to book this room. She said there was a team in the hotel as of the morning and more new team members arriving that afternoon. They intend to refurbish the hotel and make sure it represents the standards of a Hilton property. She also said the new head of housekeeping was arriving that afternoon. So even though I did rate the property as poor, I believe that it will improve drastically as per the new management at the hotel. And I must say, Ashleigh was very sincere in her apology.
The property is in a Latino area. The property does not have a restaurant but does have a buffet breakfast that is complimentary. There is a Burger King and McDonalds in the shopping center down the street as well as a Subway. There is a Cuban restaurant next store to the property. There are a couple of other restaurants within walking distance, Italian and Middle Eastern.
They do offer a shuttle to the big shopping mall, but do not have a complimentary shuttle service to the airport. They can get you a shuttle for $45.00, however I was able to get my own shuttle from Super Shuttle for $25.00 to Miami International airport. Really not a great location if you do not have a car. Would I stay at this hotel again, No.

Room Tip: check the bedding when you get to your room, ensure both beds have fresh new clean sheets and duvet.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
miami, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Very nice rooms. Great staff. I was there for a business meeting held at another location. I spent a week there. Very convenient location and lots of great sites close by. Restaurants, Shops ( Dolphin Mall ) and a free secured parking area. The rooms are very spacious and they provide free internet. My experience was overall Excellent.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Barely average. This hotel was barely okay. Gym is a little small. Wallpaper is old. Staff was friendly enough, but didn't know what side of the hotel was more quiet. Located easy driving distance from the malls.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I have not been to Miami since the late 1990s. This is practically our first visit with the family coming from Asia. Staying at this type of hotel is a unique experience for us. The hotel afternoon check-in was friendly and helpful. We had lots of luggage. The trolley in the lobby was useful to carry up to our room.

Next morning, we later found out that the breakfast place was the same as the lobby. I guess it is practical. Everything is around the lobby- coffee, tea, and drinks. Self-service is the key for this hotel. You don't need anyone else to serve you. Aha..we got it.

The room was comfortable, but smaller than what we are used to. Indeed, it was clean and proper, which is a plus.

We like the location because it was near the airport and the Dolphin shopping mall. When we arrived from New York straight to Miami from Indonesia, we got the rental car and drove to the hotel.

If you are new to Miami, please pay attention to the address. There are many Hampton Inn & Suites. We got lost a couple of times going to the wrong hotels driving around Miami.

However, I agree with previous guests on this review that noise is an issue. We visited this hotel in December 2014, they were families during the holiday season and kids do run around. As responsible parents, we must make sure that kids behave. Our kids do sometimes like to play around, but we always made sure that they don't disturb the guests. In fact, we have seen this as a problem in Florida everywhere we go.

Nevertheless, we had a great time here.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Oviedo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Kids running up and down halls at 2am, manager did nothing to correct problem, I had to step out in the hall and deal with it myself. No linens on pull out bed, had to request them and then make the bed myself after traveling all day. Not impressed!!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends

Gearhart, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This trip was scheduled for work at the Miami Boat Show. Traffic was very heavy. There was some confusion when booking which left me to wonder if I would have a room for the last night of my stay. Hotels.com com showed availability but couldn't confirm by phone. After escalating to the manager the problem was solved. Enjoyed the room and breakfast. Desk staff was not the most friendly. Trip to the airport was more expensive than expected.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Saint Petersburg, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Chose this hotel due to vicinity to major interstate, and experience with Hampton Inns (inclusive of the complimentary breakfast). Hotel room was good, but the flushing / filling toilet was loud, hairdryer was loud/screeching (definitely needed to be replaced), and shower showed signs that needed some attention (small amount of rust coming from handicap bar). Breakfast was good - but staff not as attentive to cleanliness of dining facilities.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall? Share your experiences!