You added Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall to your Saves list
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Santiago
“Great Deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I spent a couple of days at this hotel last month, is very well located if you are there for shopping, if not its very far away from touristic spots.
The hotel has a complimentary shuttle to dolphin mall and to Miami international mall, they have set hours for pick up and drop off which was very convenient!!

The staff is just amazing, they really try their best to make your stay the best!
i arrived really early in the morning and they manage to give me a room anyway, no early check in... details like that made my stay a great pleasure.

Besides in front there is a great cuban place to eat!!

If you are there fo shopping, its a great place and a great deal

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Barbados
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

This was my second stay at this hotel and it was even better than the first time since I got upgraded to a suite. The free breakfast, internet and shuttles to the malls are all added perks to staying here. Great staff that are willing to go the extra mile to please the guest. The room was nice and the internet worked great. Would definitely stay here again.

Virgin Islands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night in April. We booked the hotel on a another website and requested a king bed with a pull out sofa. There were 4 of us, my husband and myself and our two kids. When we arrived at the hotel we were told we had a king room but it didn't have a pull out sofa which wasn't really going to work for us. All the double rooms were booked as well so our only option was to stay in an accessible room. This didn't bother me until we entered the room. The room was seriously dirty. There was mold in the bathroom, dirt on the windowsill and hair everywhere. I was really shocked that the room was so gross. Our kids were under the weather so I didn't bother trying to change rooms since we couldn't go to a king room anyway. One of the reasons we booked the hotel was that they advertised a shuttle to the mall. Well the shuttle was an hour late to leave the hotel so we had to take a cab. Also the shuttle only goes to the airport every hour. I would not stay at this hotel again.

Stayed April 2014
JREstrada, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear trippinmama

We appreciate that you chose to stay with us for your family trip. However, we sincerely apologize that your room conditions did not meet your expectations or ours. We have passed on your comments to our team and will address your specific concerns with our department heads. We regret any discomfort or inconvenience our service missteps caused you and hope we can invite you back to offer you a much better experience.

Kind regards,

Jenny R Estrada
Leesburg, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Husband and I stayed here on the second floor last Christmas and were very happy with everything. This time we were on the first floor, poolside . Initially we thought the room was the same as the previous one but were very disappointed. Both A/C units had the most amazing assortment of rattles and whines. Just when one would adjust to a particular noise another huge rattle would wake us with a start! To be honest, we might have already been awake because every night at midnight the two very large trash cans just outside our windows were sorted for recycleables ( sound of bottles and cans being tossed) and then both recepticals were trundled away to be emptied. Just as we dozed of the trash cans were wheeled back and the tops were firmly placed upon them, ready for the next day. Could this chore not be completed earlier in the evening!
Although the unit was generally clean the bathroom was a wreck. There was rust stains in the bathtub and pink mold around the shower head. The walls were in very bad shape. Painting them flourescent green didn't disguise the peeling caulk.
We were there three days. We didn't notice how horribly filthy the carpet was until the last day when we were padding around in white socks and were shocked to see how black the soles were after very little time without our shoes. I took a washcloth and just rubbed it lightly across the carpet and it came up caked with grime I presented this to the young man on the front desk and hope the carpet was thoroughly cleaned that very day. I hate to think of children playing on it.
As with our first visit we were pleased with the friendliness of all the staff. It is very convenient to shopping and nice restaurants.Getting from there to other parts of town is very easy..

Room Tip: Do not stay on ground floor poolside.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear PatriciaAnneT

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I have notified the maintenance and housekeeping department of your concerns in your review. Please know that we hold high standards in the areas of cleanliness and customer service as we want all our guests to continue to stay with us in there future travels. Shortly we will be undergoing improvements to our guest bathrooms to ensure that we are providing the quality of product that our customers expect and deserve. I truly hope that you will stay with us a third time and if I may ever be of any assistance please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Regards

Jenny R Estrada
Columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

This was a great hotel to stay. We were in Miami celebrating my Goddaughter's birthday. It is close to The Dolphin Outlet Mall and not too far from South Beach. It was very clean and the hotel staff was great. I recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Hampton Inn Dolphin mall is a great place to stay because of the proximity to the airport and the two best malls Dolphin mall and Miami International mall.The breakfast is very good and the shuttle service is excellent,staff is very nice and the hotel is very comfortable,and affordable.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I booked this hotel for an overnight stay with my brother as we were both flying to New Orleans the following morning and needed a place to sleep for the night after a long international flight. I was a little anxious after reading some of the reviews but I was immediately convinced that I made the right choice. Upon arriving we called the hotel and was picked up at the airport immediately at no cost. We were also able to use the shuttle to get to and fro the malls where we had lunch and did some shopping. Breakfast is also complimentary as is wifi, which is an added bonus. The hotel itself feels like a family-run establishment, though I'm certain it probably isn't. The staff were warm and friendly and only too happy to help. The room was clean and comfortable but perhaps a tiny bit dated. If you're going to Miami to shop this is the place to be. You can use the free shuttle to both International mall and Dolphin Mall. There is a Cuban restaurant next door which I did not have a chance to try and also a short walk away is a dunkin donuts, a supermarket (publix-if I remember correctly) and a few other restaurants. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall? Share your experiences!