“Great hotel near malls” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Doral
Leicester England
“Great hotel near malls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the the Hampton on our way home from St Thomas to London for 2 nights and were very impressed with our stay.
After waiting over an hour for the shuttle (later learned we should have rang the hotel) we decided to get a cab (we'll know better next time).This was the only complaint with our stay.
Excellent welcome on arrival.
2 roomed suite which was great with wonderful comfortable large bed and well equipped kitchen,bathroom e.t.c.
Nice pool area.
Nice breakfast.
Shuttle was great to both the International and Dolphin Malls with very nice drivers.
All the staff we encountered were very courteous and friendly.
Great WIFI.
Small shopping centre 2 mins walk with various restaurants within a 5 min walk.
We would not hesitate to stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites again when we are passing through Miami albeit next time we will first ring the hotel from the airport upon arrival.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
JREstrada, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear keefw

Thank you for your detailed review of our property. Our apologies for the long wait time for the shuttle and yes you are correct we do require that the guests call once they arrive to the airport for pick up if they have arranged for this service prior to their arrival. We're thrilled to see that you were able to enjoy your short stay with us while on vacation and that you were able to take advantage of all we have to offer. We look forward to the next opportunity to serve you.

Jenny R Estrada

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I am a Hilton diamond member for past several years. As for service this is one of the best in the Nation. It was clean, the people were great especially to my small kids, I was here 4 times in past month. When kids were with me they were given special fun little toys, even my one year old is still attached to the little ball he was given. Breakfast has an amazing selection, and is fairly well prepared, definitely one of the better hotel breakfasts around.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear TripDoc46

Wow..your comments were heart felt. I am so pleased to hear that we made such an impression on you and your children. One of the best things we encounter every day is being able to service all guests no matter what may bring them to our hotel be it a business affair or a family vacation. We appreciate greatly your loyalty to the Hilton brand and look forward to serving you during your next trip to Miami.

Tampa, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Mattresses are terrible to sleep on. Mattresses are overdue to be replace. No support at all. Terrible service from housekeeping. Took over 5 hours for fresh towels and wash cloths. Thank God, we were not in a rush to go anywhere. Would not stay at this hotel again to far out from everything and not worth the money based and appearance and service.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Vaunita H

We truly apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations during your most recent stay. Please know that this is not the norm for us under any means and the standards that we have to meet all guest expectations are very high. It seems as though we missed the mark with your stay and for this I apologize. I have shared your comments with the housekeeping team and staff to ensure that we learn from our mistakes and our able to isolate them. Again my sincerest apologies. I know you have may choices when it comes to lodging in the Miami area but I hope you will give our hotel another opportunity to serve you in the future. If I may ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Key West, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

The breakfast was well stocked, hotel is nice, even has a bar which is rare for a Hampton. Fabiola was really on top of things and went out of her way for guests. The downside on this stay was that of the two beds in my room, one was not laundered from previous guest. It was obvious by the hairs, wrinkled look of sheets and smell. The other bed was clean luckily so I slept in that one. They were very apologetic and added some Hilton points to my account which probably kept me from rating the hotel lower...I understand they can't control every employee and hope it was an isolated incident.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear bondrey

I appreciate you sharing your feedback for your recent stay. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping team to ensure that this incident remains an isolated one as we focus to ensure that all guest rooms are completely clean and comfortable. Again my apologies for the incident that occurred. I have also shared your feedback with Fabiola, she is an amazing asset to our staff and her dedication truly shines through when making sure that all guests are 100% satisfied. We appreciate your business and look forward to the next opportunity to serve you.

Carrollton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stayed one night before our cruise. It was very clean and in a great location. They offer a free airport shuttle and free breakfast. The front desk staff is super nice and very professional. The pool area is nice, not crowded at all. We will definitely stay here again if we are ever in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear JulesinGa

Thank you for sharing your feed back, I will pass on your comments to the staff about your positive stay and the professional customer service you received. We hope that you enjoyed your cruise and glad to see we were able to start off your vacation the right way. Until the next time!

Pembroke Pines, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Last minute reservation booked immediately with out any problems I was helped. Hotel very clean, very nice, room was very clean and comfortable had a kitchen help get a quick coffee to go, people highly recommend will be back again

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Diana F

Wow another 5 star review!! Thank you so much for your feed back of our hotel. I am thrilled to see that we were able to provide you with an amazing stay even on short notice. Until the next time!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I recently stay here and it was great! I always stay in this hotel because of the location as well as for the attentive service by the hotel staff. I noticed the ridiculous hair nets worn by the housekeeprs though and i just thought they look horrible. It makes their uniform look unpresentable and i have never seen this before. In my opinion , only people who work with food would wear this.I mean i have nver even seen a staff memeber in a hotel wear that, not even in the lowest and cheapest hotels ever.! Other than that I always enjoy my stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
JREstrada, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Angel

We appreciate you taking the time to review our property and share your thoughts. Some of the key areas that we pride ourselves on are comfortable, clean surroundings and great customer service. We have found that while the hairnets may not be seen in all hotels they are a common practice for many as a way to ensure that our rooms are as clean and sanitary as our guests have come to expect. We have also seen a very positive outcome from this practice as well. Again thank you for your comments and we appreciate your business.

Regards
Jenny R Estrada
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doral
Courtyard by Marriott Miami at Dolphin Mall
#8 of 22 in Doral
4.0 of 5 stars 229 reviews
InterContinental at Doral Miami
Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall? Share your experiences!