“Great hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Doral
Georgetown, Texas
“Great hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

We've browsed a lot of hotels during our trip to Miami and we chose this hotel because it offers a complimentary shuttle service to and from the aiport and anywhere within a five mile radius from the hotel. When we arrive at the airport, I called up the hotel and ask for a shuttle service. We waited at least 30 to 35 minutes. The driver was nice though. When we arrive at the hotel, we checked in, and it was a breeze. The check in time was not until 3 pm so we left our bags and went to the mall which is like a 10-minute drive from the hotel. We used the shuttle again to drive back to the hotel, no problem.

Back at the hotel, when we were already in our room, we noticed that the AC was not cooling the room so we requested a different room. We were transferred by the receptionist right away. When were already settled, I noticed that there was an exhaust vent in the toilet/bathroom but it wasn't working at all. So you just need to open the windows or turn the ac full blast after you do your thing in the toilet, if you know what I mean. That was kind of a turn off for me but it wasn't that bad. But anyway, the room was clean, and beds were soft and I had a very good night sleep. There was free internet and cable by the way, so that's a plus.
My most favorite part was the free breakfast. I did not expect it would be that good. You have a lot of choices, cereals, muffins, bread, fruits, eggs, bacon (they have different meats everyday), and best of all, the waffles, the best! I loved it so much that I actually bought a waffle maker when I went home. They have a variety of great coffees as well in their coffee area which is available 24 hours a day.

Overall, the hotel was great. The hotel personnel that we've met were all nice. The breakfast lady always greets you with a big smile. And although the shuttle service was a bit busy all the time (thus the waiting time), the drivers have no problem picking you up even at 10 or 11 pm anywhere within the radius (with that I meant the mall), with all smiles. I would definitely stayed there again and I will have no problem recommending the hotel to my friends.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank wafflman
Rodney B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review about our property, we greatly appreciate your feedback. We pride ourselves in our friendly service, clean rooms, and comfortable surroundings, every time. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed the free breakfast. I will gladly forward your comments to shuttle drivers. We hope to see you again in the future if you are in need of any comfortable and friendly lodging.

Bronx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

Just returned from a three day stay at this Hotel and I have nothing but great things to say. Check in was smooth, and front desk staff were very friendly. The lobby area was well kept as were other areas of the hotel. The room itself was very very clean and modern with daily room service. The bed was super comfy !!! Parking, WIFI and breakfast are free. The hotel is located very close to the highway and there are many options for food. There is also a pool, a small business center and a bar. The hotel also offers shuttle service to the airport and Mall though I didnt use it . Great Service, Great Value !!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank healinghart
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review about our property, we greatly appreciate your feedback. We pride ourselves in our friendly service, clean rooms, and comfortable surroundings, every time. That is part of our Hampton Guarantee to every guest. We hope to see you again in the future if you are in need of any comfortable and friendly lodging.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

We were there only for one night last weekend (2/24/12 - 2/25/12).

First, the good things about the hotel

- It's close to the airport and it has free shuttles to/from MIA
- Rooms are spacious
- Free light breakfast
- We arrived at the hotel at 1pm and they checked us in to one of oure 3 rooms so we could store our luggage

Unfortunately, when we were about to check out, my mother slipped on wet florr in front of the elevators. There was no sign for peopleo coming out of the elevator, only for people who was going to take it.

NO ONE FROM THE HOTEL GAVE ANY ASSISTANCE. It was like the didn't even care about it. My wife asked for a bag full of ice and it took almost 2 minutes for the lady on front desk to find a bag.

As a result, my mother had to fly back to Brazil (9-hour flight) with a fractured wrist.

So, if you stay at this hotel, make sure you don't suffer an accident, since they hotel staff won't give you any assistance.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Luiz_Ferreira
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We sincerely apologize that encountered an unfortunante situation during your stay. Your comments are very important to us and we addressed the issues to the senior management team to ensure that proper procedures are followed in future to avoid reoccurrence of the issue. We will work very diligently to correct these issues.

We would like to personally discuss with you how we could regain your confidence with Hampton Inn and Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall. Please contact any of the hotel senior management team to further discuss with the issue.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Hampton Inn and Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

First off, besides the shuttle service... the hotel was wonderful. Really soft comfy bed, rooms seemed new and well decorated, just very comfortable and cozy feling all around. The breakfast is amazing: sausage patties, two different types of eggs, freshly made waffles, toast, cereals, fresh hot oatmeal, bagels, pastries, and different coffees available 24 hrs a day with different flavors. Loved it! Complimentary internet in the lobby as well.

However, all of these good things were not the reason I decided to book this hotel. I wanted to utilize the shuttle service to and from the airport for a long layover I had, plus to and from the Dolphin Mall. I even contacted the hotel prior so I had the number to call when I arrived, which I did, but it was an hour and a half wait. Numerous other Hampton Inn shuttles went by me at the airport, but it was an hour and a half before being picked up. Then, before getting to the hotel, the driver stopped at the Dolphin Mall to pick up his friend! Crazy, but true.

The next day, I made a 4pm reservation for the shuttle back to the airport. I inquired for the shuttle to the mall, and Stefanie at the front desk kept replying 'I have to check with the driver' over and over because the shuttle doesn't regularly go to the mall every hour. So, 15 minutes before 11am, the driver was going to the mall, but we didn't have our bags packed in time for that so I asked if he could go at noon. 'I have to check with the driver'. So, noon comes around (I'm waiting in the lobby for him) and he says he has to go directly to the airport. So I asked why he couldn't drop us off at the mall before the airport? No direct answer for that 'He has to go to the airport'. The next shuttle to the mall goes at 1pm. This wouldn't give us enough time to do what we needed if we were going to get our airport shuttle at 4pm of course. My husband wasn't at all happy, explained all that happened to us the night before and how inconvenient the shuttle service was for the guests (because we weren't the only ones complaining). Stefanie didn't care. She just said the next shuttle was at 1pm. Even when my husband walked away, she rolled her eyes and gave the other Front Desk clerk a dirty look, which I saw because I was watching it all from an above atrium on the second floor. Not professional.

Anyways, I went back downstairs to put our suitcases behind the desk in order to check out, and explained the situation again to Shazan. He seemed to 'get it'. He was very nice about it and then offered to take me and my husband to the mall himself in his own car. Extremely nice of him! So, thats what we did. Thanks again to Shazan. Maybe he had more experience in the Hospitality Industry than his co-worker Stefanie.

Shazan told us where and when to meet the shuttle for a 3pm transfer back to the hotel, and not to call. We had a great time at the mall, and 3pm came around so we waited by the hotel shuttle service station 5 min early so we wouldn't miss our pickup. 3pm came, 3:10 came... 3:20 came. We called the hotel, which said the driver had left the hotel already. 3:25 came, and there was the shuttle. So, a half hour gone waiting around, and its only a ten minute drive from the hotel to the Dolphin Mall.

Basically, the shuttle service is terrible. You wait and wait, even when you call, you wait and wait. It seems like the driver decides when to go and where to stop and pick people up.

I would only stay at this hotel again if I had my own car with me, or if the shuttle service vastly improved. If you are looking for an overnight hotel for a flight out, stay at a closer location. This hotel is too far out and too unpredictable with their shuttle service for a quick overnight stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, not next to the highway or bar.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Christidis
Rodney B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, March 3, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for the time taken to complete this review. The feedback of every guest is very important to us. I am excited to see that you enjoyed all of our amazing amenities. I am also glad to see that you chose our property for the free airport shuttle that we have to the mall. I would like to address the concern in which you had with the airport shuttle service for I see it did not meet your expectations and we would like to apologize for that. As of a few weeks ago, we were actually in the process of revamping and simplifying our complimentary airport shuttle service so that this same type of situation does not happen again. Thank you very much for your feedback in regards to this matter. I have also brought this review to the attention of Shazad and the rest of our front desk and shuttle staff and I would like to apologize for anyone who was not hospitable. Again, thank you very much for your feedback and the time you took to fill out this review. I hope you could give us another chance next time you are in Miami and I or any of the hotel leadership will personally assist you with any accommodations you may need.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

nice place with pool, gym, free airport shuttle, choicy breakfast, free parking. what more do you want? next to freeway if you have car.

Room Tip: higher floor pool facing
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Aspi123
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for the time you took to complete this review, we always appreciate the feedback of our guest. It is pleasing to see that you enjoyed all of our free amenities from the complimentary breakfast, our free airport shuttle, the free parking, our pool, and fitness center. Our location being very close to the turnpike gives our guests’ easy access to getting around in Miami and a straight shot to Dolphin Mall. If you are ever in Miami again, we look forward to seeing you here.

Davenport, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

First of all, this hotel is not "right outside the airport" in Miami. I found myself by accident - but enjoyed the stay. They have an airport shuttle that picks up pretty reguarly but only makes trips to the airport on the hour starting at 7. If you have a flight out earlier, you may be required to take a cab - and that would be very expensive as the hotel is 10 miles (or so from the airport).

Once at the hotel the rooms were suite style rooms - nothing fancy but very comfortable and plenty of space. They offer a complimentary breakfast with hot foods. Actually, Hamptons are one of the best with pre-made omlets, bacon, hard boiled eggs, plus pastries and cerials.

The service here was outstanding - and the van driver was one of the best in the business.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Rodney B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review about our property, we greatly appreciate your feedback. We pride ourselves in our friendly service, clean rooms, and comfortable surroundings, every time. I will gladly forward your comments to the . We hope to see you again in the future if you are in need of any comfortable and friendly lodging.

Surrey U.K
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

Chose this hotel because if the positive reviews.

Stayed 1 night before late evening flight out the following day. Easy to find coming from the south & plenty of free parking which was a good start.

Checked in with confirmed reservation & receptionist said the computer said that the type of room we'd requested wasn't available. Very annoyed as I booked it several weeks previously. I'd requested a higher floor but we weren't allocated this either so we were woken by the noise of the traffic the following morning.

Lifts V E R Y slow, & in the morning taken up with cleaning staff & their carts so anyone with cases or large packages had to wait a very long time.

In the evening we sat in the bar area for a couple of drinks & a quiet read which was interupted by 3 older children shouting & screaming & dive bombing into the pool & without adult supervsion. There was a notice saying children had to be supervised at all times. Since the bar tender didn't say anything to them, or, if 'not his job' didn't bring it to the attention of a relevant member of staff, I finally snapped when I of them soaked me. I complained to a receptionist who went to the room where they were staying & spoke with the adults. We didn't return to the pool for fear of reprisals.

Our 1 bedroomed suite had faulty a/c units so we spent ages going back & forth to reception trying to get it rectified but, to no avail. A staff member came to fix it, a shuttle bus driver who didn't speak English & so gesticulated on what to do with the air con controls. After he tried to fix it, a while later when I checked on our room, the temp was 14 degrees centigrade. Spent the night with the one in our bedroom turned off & the one in the sitting area on but even so it was noisy.

Took the free shuttle to Dolphin Mall which was useful, just didn't want to stay on the premises longer than necessary.

At check in we'd requested late check out as our flight wasn't until the evening but the staff member had said no. After all the hassle, when I complained to a senior staff member in the morning, she said late check out would be accommodated FOC & also returned our money. We appreciated this but would rather have had a positve stay.

Room Tip: Stay on a lower floor as the lifts are slow unless you don't mind the stairs.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel, we always appreciate the feedback of our guest. I am glad to see that you enjoyed some of our complimentary amenities from the free parking and free hotel shuttle to the free breakfast and free wireless internet. I am sorry to see that you have encountered some unexpected issues during your stay. I will be sure to bring this to the attention of key leadership of the hotel and the front desk staff so that these issues don't happen again. I apologize for the speed of the elevators during the time of your stay, that is something that has definitely been worked on. Again, thank you for the review and your thoughts. Hope you can give us the opportunity to give you a better experience on your next trip to Miami. If you are ever in need of lodging in the future, anyone on the management team will be glad to personally assist you.

Hampton Inn and Suites Miami - Doral/Dolphin Mall
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doral
InterContinental at Doral Miami
#9 of 22 in Doral
4.0 of 5 stars 287 reviews
Hampton Inn Miami-Airport West
Candlewood Suites Miami Airport West

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall? Share your experiences!