“Nice hotel with an Airport Shuttle” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Doral
Davenport, Iowa
“Nice hotel with an Airport Shuttle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

First of all, this hotel is not "right outside the airport" in Miami. I found myself by accident - but enjoyed the stay. They have an airport shuttle that picks up pretty reguarly but only makes trips to the airport on the hour starting at 7. If you have a flight out earlier, you may be required to take a cab - and that would be very expensive as the hotel is 10 miles (or so from the airport).

Once at the hotel the rooms were suite style rooms - nothing fancy but very comfortable and plenty of space. They offer a complimentary breakfast with hot foods. Actually, Hamptons are one of the best with pre-made omlets, bacon, hard boiled eggs, plus pastries and cerials.

The service here was outstanding - and the van driver was one of the best in the business.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Rodney B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review about our property, we greatly appreciate your feedback. We pride ourselves in our friendly service, clean rooms, and comfortable surroundings, every time. I will gladly forward your comments to the . We hope to see you again in the future if you are in need of any comfortable and friendly lodging.

Surrey U.K
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

Chose this hotel because if the positive reviews.

Stayed 1 night before late evening flight out the following day. Easy to find coming from the south & plenty of free parking which was a good start.

Checked in with confirmed reservation & receptionist said the computer said that the type of room we'd requested wasn't available. Very annoyed as I booked it several weeks previously. I'd requested a higher floor but we weren't allocated this either so we were woken by the noise of the traffic the following morning.

Lifts V E R Y slow, & in the morning taken up with cleaning staff & their carts so anyone with cases or large packages had to wait a very long time.

In the evening we sat in the bar area for a couple of drinks & a quiet read which was interupted by 3 older children shouting & screaming & dive bombing into the pool & without adult supervsion. There was a notice saying children had to be supervised at all times. Since the bar tender didn't say anything to them, or, if 'not his job' didn't bring it to the attention of a relevant member of staff, I finally snapped when I of them soaked me. I complained to a receptionist who went to the room where they were staying & spoke with the adults. We didn't return to the pool for fear of reprisals.

Our 1 bedroomed suite had faulty a/c units so we spent ages going back & forth to reception trying to get it rectified but, to no avail. A staff member came to fix it, a shuttle bus driver who didn't speak English & so gesticulated on what to do with the air con controls. After he tried to fix it, a while later when I checked on our room, the temp was 14 degrees centigrade. Spent the night with the one in our bedroom turned off & the one in the sitting area on but even so it was noisy.

Took the free shuttle to Dolphin Mall which was useful, just didn't want to stay on the premises longer than necessary.

At check in we'd requested late check out as our flight wasn't until the evening but the staff member had said no. After all the hassle, when I complained to a senior staff member in the morning, she said late check out would be accommodated FOC & also returned our money. We appreciated this but would rather have had a positve stay.

Room Tip: Stay on a lower floor as the lifts are slow unless you don't mind the stairs.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel, we always appreciate the feedback of our guest. I am glad to see that you enjoyed some of our complimentary amenities from the free parking and free hotel shuttle to the free breakfast and free wireless internet. I am sorry to see that you have encountered some unexpected issues during your stay. I will be sure to bring this to the attention of key leadership of the hotel and the front desk staff so that these issues don't happen again. I apologize for the speed of the elevators during the time of your stay, that is something that has definitely been worked on. Again, thank you for the review and your thoughts. Hope you can give us the opportunity to give you a better experience on your next trip to Miami. If you are ever in need of lodging in the future, anyone on the management team will be glad to personally assist you.

Hampton Inn and Suites Miami - Doral/Dolphin Mall
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

Stayed at the property twice on business a few months apart.

The first stay my allergies just started bothering me like crazy, eyes stinging, burning, etc. As soon as I leave the room, no issues so it had to be something in the room. Beyong that, elevators are slow.....when I say slow I mean always take the stairs slow! Akward location to get back on the turnpike, just a lot of little things that make to huge dissapointment.

Second stay, I noticed my allergies started bothering me again so there is something in the hotel that I cannot handle, never has happend anywhere else. Elevators still slow as ever, not in a convenient place.

I needed late check-out and the front desk associate made it an issue. I'm a Diamond member with 200 nights in 2011 and never had someone give me grief because I needed late check-out, the crazy thing about it was only an hour past normal check-out time. I will not be back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

paid for the stay and cruise package, got the stay but the contracted tour/transfer service is not dependable or professional.
the cons for the hotel,
loud voices early AM from the housecleaning staff, stiff beds, dirty and cramped breakfast area, poor choice in contracted transfer/tour operator.
the pros for the hotel,
close proximity to the mall, front desk gentlemen very courtous when informed of the situation, room and pool where very clean.

I would not recommend this hotel if going on a cruise and need a room before hand. Also keep in mind if you do book the stay and cruise package you will have to make arrangements back to the hotel yourself 50.00 for a taxi from the port. If you just ned a place to stay to go shopping at the mall however, this would be a good place to stay.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank jones80_98
Rodney B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, January 13, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel during your time in Miami. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to fill out this review; we always appreciate the feedback of our guest. I would like to address any of the issues that you might have had with us during your stay. I will be in contact with our cruise transport company in regards to your transport to the port during your stay, I want to ensure that every guest receives a fulfilling experience from beginning to end while at our hotel. I have also address with our Executive Housekeeper, the noise that you heard from housekeeping, our housekeeping staff is one fun, energetic group and I apologize for any inconvenience they might have caused. If you ever stay in Miami again please don't hesitate to give us a chance to give you the great experience that we strive for for every guest. You can contact me or any of the managers personally.

Hampton Inn and Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall

Adriana Vellojin
Director of Operation
Hampton Inn and Suites Miami-Doral-Dolphin Mall
Trinidad and Tobago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

The service we received at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall was good, free airport pick up and drop off help saved time and money. The staff were very friendly and helped with directions even getting a car for us to rent.

The breakfast was good and changed on a daily basis. The location is best for shopping as thats what we did and found it really easy to get to all the malls and shopping centers.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank seanpeter
Rodney B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback of every guest. We are glad to see that you liked our hotel amenities. With our location being near both Dolphin and International Malls, our property is ideally located for shopping needs and we are thrilled to see that you had fun on your trip. The breakfast is always a favorite among many guests’ and we are happy to see that you like it. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again on your next shopping trip to Miami.

Kingston, Jamaica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

The good:

Shuttle to airport and sites in a 5 mile radius
Free hot breakfast included in rate - plentiful and varied
Quick check in
Free wi-fi - worked well
Good restaurant across the road
Excellent location for shopping

The bad/not so good:
Shuttle was extremely slow. Tip - use it to go to airport. Be prepared to wait up to an hour if call for pick up from airport or area site
Housekeeping not very well done. My room had an empty bottle from the last occupant which was behind the bedside table. I tested it and for the 3 days I stayed it was never moved from its position.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank Jam_Travel_Regular
Surrey, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

We stayed at this hotel 2 nights before we left on a cruise out of Miami. They do have a free shuttle from the airport but not to the Port of Miami. I would recommand if someone is going to the port to take the free shuttle to the airport then take a taxi to the port as only $26.00. We paid a lot more. We arrived on the Friday night and tired but hungry. There was only 1 place to eat across the street. Was ok food. We had already booked a car before we left home but when we phoned the day we wanted it, they said the hotel was to far away so front desk got us another place closer. The room to the hotel was big and clean. Ate outside by the pool at breakfast which was not bad food, 2nd day was better. and after we went for a swim, even though there was scum on top. We did get out when my friend noticed a cockroach on the stairs of the pool. I did see 2 men cleanning the pool about a hour later. Maybe they should clean the pool first thing in the morning before guests start out for the day. We will not stay here again as to far out.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TipsyTess
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doral
InterContinental at Doral Miami
#9 of 22 in Doral
4.0 of 5 stars 284 reviews
Hampton Inn Miami-Airport West
Candlewood Suites Miami Airport West

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall? Share your experiences!