“Average restaurant” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #74 of 177 Restaurants in Doral
Cuisines: Italian
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: NW 25th St
Description: POSITANO RISTORANTE, Rated 4.5 Stars in Doral, for over 3 years, this authentic Italian-Homemade Style Cuisine, has become the favorite for the locals. With a culinary team of more than 10 years of Experience, Positano is a landmark for the brand new City of Doral, Homemade Pastas, Bone-in Ribeye, Ossobucco, Center Cut Filet Mignon, and the only place in South-Florida serving the world Famous "Fettuccine alla Ruotta" Homemade Style egg pasta, sauteed and mixed inside of a original Imported Parmesan wheel Cheese!
Medellin, Colombia
“Average restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

For the prices of the food, i think you can get better quality. Is an average restaurant that you could pass by and with nothing special to remember. Nice view outside to the channel and a very friendly staff were the good things.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Miami
“Need better reviews.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I wanted to go to this restaurant because I loved Positano Italy and then when my friend told me that it was good we decided to go for lunch. My friend had pear filling stuffed in this pasta shaped like a little purse, it was so good. I had the Rigatoni stuffed with lamb, then pieces of ham (Italian ham) and peas in a cream sauce. OMG it was so good and the portions were so large that we both could only eat half and took the rest home. I’m not sure why this restaurant doesn’t get better ratings but I give it 5 stars for my dish.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Disaster Valentines night”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I understand restaurants are more hectic then usual on Valentines Night, but this one took the cake. I made reservations for 9pm and got there about 30 mins early and they offered us a table outside.although the weather was cold and windy we accepted and sat down. 10 mins after it started pouring and when I asked to be accommodated inside management answer was to either stay outside and get wet or leave the restaurant. Obviously we left very disappointed at how poorly the situation was handled. I wish I could say something about the food but in the 20 mins we were there we were not offered a piece of bread. Besides I don't think I'll return to find out how the chef cooks. By the way we ended up having dinner at Divieto, delicious!

Aventura, Florida
“Great in Doral”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I was in Doral Saturday , with some friends and they suggest me that restaurant .
I was not expecting such a nice place .
The food was excellent , nice selection of fresh pasta , perfectly made .
Service was good , place is clean I was impressed .
If you are in Doral , and want real Italian go there you can't go wrong .

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Excellente service with main dishes claiming Italian nationality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We were expecting more from a place with that name. But then, again, this is Miami. Decor was great. Service was professional. Apperitifs were reasonably good. Main dishes were, to say the least, not refined. At least not the kind of quality you would get in Italy or in a 5-stars Italian restaurant elsewhere in Miami. For instance, a smelly "branzino" served in chunks, tough-to-chew beef picata in large chunks, average lasagna. Deserts were good. A good sine selection. Prices compare with five-star Italian restaurants, though. We are not counting on returning there any time soon.
Frustrated.