“Ahh... what a perfect staycation!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Linger Longer
Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Doral
Miami
“Ahh... what a perfect staycation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

Me and my boyfriend just recently visited the Doral Resort for a long weekend of pure relaxation. We live in Aventura and instead of driving long hours or flying out we decided to stay close to home and enjoy this beautiful Resort after hearing so much about it during the golf tournament.
The pros: We got a very nice updated room with views of the golf course and close to the pools and restaurants. The property is very tropical and spread out and even in Miami we felt we were in a tropical island. The room was clean and the staff was very friendly and accommodating, we played golf and also enjoyed the spa every day. The spa was probably the best part of this trip, I even called one of my friends to joined us on Sunday for a girl's spa day while my boyfriend played golf again.
The cons: far away from the beach, airplanes constantly flying by and the main pool was closed for a private group so the entire hotel was using the pool by the spa, however I learned that anyone not staying in the resort can also enjoy the spa for the day by just purchasing a treatment which I will do very soon.
Overall a good property with nice golf courses and amazing spa.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

1,021 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2010

This is a great place to bring a family. The property has several swimming pools. There are many different restaurants. We enjoyed a special evening outside with a guitarist playing and a beautiful sunset over the golf course.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
McLean VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2010

If only the facilities were as accommodating as the staff, this would be a great property. The meeting facilities and workout facility were the best part of this property. I stayed in the spa hotel which is tired from top to bottom. It was an upgrade because there were no king bed rooms available with a bathtub - per my booking. No wireless so you are stuck working at a desk when you could be out on the beautiful patio working. The fixtures are gold, the outdated tvs that made popping sounds, cheap furniture and a heating/cooling system that was very noisy. The doors to the suite were cheap and old. The doorman and front desk check-in were really accommodating and fantastic. But they can't overcome a very tired property.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at Doral in Miami. I've been a couple times and always enjoy my stay there. This last time I went was a funny situation.... I was dating this guy, and he was an avid golfer. So we wanted to go somewhere where he could play lots of world-class golf, but I could do stuff too, and not sit around and do nothing. Doral is the perfect place for this, as they have one of the best spas in the country here.... In fact you can stay in the spa section of the hotel. I hear the golf is stunning. I'm not a golfer so take this with a grain of salt, but I know they have 3-4 courses here, and the golf is spectacular. I think they even have a little par 3 course for hacks like myself who shoot a 115. Anyway, the grounds are superb, maintained like Disneyworld. Everything is lush, colorful and tropical. I love all the winding paths, which are surrounded by Bouganvillas (sp?). The spa is fantastic. My favorite part was the cascading waterfalls, where you sit under and the incredibly strong waterfall pounds your back and shoulders giving you an incredible natural massage. the Spa service was great. Buildings and rooms fantastic. Service and food amazing. I'd say my only complaint would be that once you leave the property (which you don't need to really) the neighborhood can be a little rough. Also its near the airport, so you'll always hear the din of jumbo jets landing and taking off. You get used to it though... its not an issue. The Weather in Miami is always superb, usually 80 degrees, with blue skies and sun. It can get hot and humid between April and October. dress accordingly :)

Note- I am not a publicist nor am paid by a hotel/property or its PR firm to fabricate embellishing and fictitious reviews. When making travel decisions based on TA reviews, please take into account all reviews to form an intelligent decision to stay at a hotel.
If anything, give the least credibility to reviews by reviewers with 1 contribution, especially a contribution that gives a horrible review or a fantastic one, with little proof they actually visited the location cited.
Happy travels!

• Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
Doral, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

I have stayed here numerous times during the World Golf Championship. The rooms, service, and maid staff have always been pleasant. Rooms are decent sized and comfortable. I like the location and the ease of the highways. My only complaint is the internet service. It was slow and expensive. Other than that I enjoyed my stay immensely. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2010

The lobby and grounds are nice as well as the pool area, however the overall location is kind of away from the action. This is very much a golf resort, so if you aren't into golfing it won't be that impressive.

The rooms are small and could use an update, and the walls are very thin. The service at the bars was not very good at all, and we frequently had to wait for servers to bring our drinks.

The spa is nice, and as mentioned this is a golf resort so the courses appear to be nice as well. Overall, not very much to discuss and not very impressive.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2010

This is the Dural. This is the home of the Blue Monster. Home of PGA tour events and the World Golf Championships-CA Championship. I guess I set my expectations a little too high.

The hotel had multiple conferences going on and was over booked. Despite being told over the phone that we would get a room with a king bed, when we arrived, they had none available. They were so overbooked, there was nothing they could do, but asked that we stop back the next morning to see if things had changed. We did and they were just as overbooked on day two. We didn't try after that.

So the room we got had two double beds. A room designed to accommodate 4 people. There was only 1 chair to sit on in the room. It was a big room and had space to put a couch or additional chairs. Seemed strange.

Sitting on the one chair looking at the sliding glass door, I noticed the curtain rod had the room number and other information hand written in large black magic marker across it. I thought it looked very tacky and something I would expect from a budget motel.

We had to ask housekeeping to clean the toothpaste splatter off of the mirror that was left by previous guests. Shouldn't have had to ask.

One of the people staying in our party had cockroaches the first night. Two that come under the door from an adjoining room. Housekeeping was called and they did spray. No more cockroaches were seen in that room or any of the other rooms we had rented.

The sign on the sliding glass door was "please keep sliding door closed at all times to prevent mosquitoes and other insects from entering the room." Makes sense. But, then give us a screen door. We like fresh air. It would be nice to be able to open up the door and turn off the ventilation system.

The web site indicates that the rooms have "Coffee maker / tea service." While we did have a coffee maker, there was no coffee pot to use with the maker. Further, there was no coffee, no tea, no mugs or cups. Just a coffee maker that wasn't even clean. The other people in our group didn't even have the coffee makers in their room. Either they need to change their web site, or they need to buy some coffee makers and supply the rooms.

On a positive note, the fitness center was very nice with good equipment. The pool areas looked nice, but didn't have an opportunity to spend any time there. The grounds were well maintained.

The food at Windows on the Green, their "signature" restaurant was average. The waiter pushed the most expensive items on the menu. When asked about the differences between three wines, he simply pushed the most expensive one.

Food at Champions was okay, but the service was excruciatingly slow.
I found the decor okay, but things looked worn. I guess my conclusion is that at least the hotel portion of the Dural seems to be living off of its reputation.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
MIADL, Executive Team at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, March 5, 2010
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review regarding your recent stay. This type of feedback is invaluable to our resort, as it is only through the lens of our customer are we able to adjust and improve the overall hotel facilities and drive the customer service experience.

We would like to sincerely apologize for the service issues you encountered during your stay. Since your recent posting we have shared your comments with the operations team and would welcome additional dialogue with the Executive Offices of the Resort.

Should you wish to discuss further please contact the Executive Offices via on 305-592-2000 ext 4928.

Kind regards
Executive Team
Doral Golf Resort & Spa, a Marriott Resort

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!