Went to the Doral for a two day conference. The rooms are a bit dated. My room was not clean (something sticky on the floor with the stem of an apple stuck in it....um, how did they miss this?) Also, noise from the hallway is fairly loud in the rooms themselves. I am not that sensitive to noise, but I definitely heard when my neighbors came home (and they were not loud and boisterous...just saying goodbye to their friends down the hall and then closing their doors). It rained fairly hard while I was there. That made it difficult to navigate the resort because you need to walk outside to get around. While there are overhangs in some of the more travelled areas, some of those areas flooded, so you would have to walk out in the rain to get around them. Also, there were big gaps between the overhangs that connected the bungalows and the main building (where check in was). So, if it's raining and you want to go to a restaurant or bar, you will most likely be running in the rain for some period of time.
In terms of location, this is not near downtown Miami. It is basically right off one of those highways you see all the time in Florida. The kind with strip malls anchored by big box stores. If you don't have a car, you are basically trapped at the resort (or in for an expensive roundtrip cab ride). The draw here seems to be the golf. If you aren't into golf, you probably will not like it here.
That being said, what looked good? The golf looked good. I did not play, but others did and said the courses were nice, but they also said the green fees weren't cheap. The pools also looked good. A friend used the waterslide and gave it rave reviews. The spa also looked very nice. I didn't have time to use it. I did not talk to anyone else who did either. The pool by the spa looked more tranquil.
Overall, the Doral was ok stay. If I were going to Miami on my own dime, I would probably stay somewhere else.
- Also Known As:
- Doral Golf Resort And Spa, a Marriott Hotel Doral
- Doral Golf Resort And Spa, a Marriott Hotel
- Marriott Doral
- Doral Golf Resort Spa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to a tranquil Florida spa and golf resort designed to offer peaceful rest and relaxation in a tropical atmosphere. Situated on 650 lush acres, the world-renowned Trump National Doral Miami provides guests with premier Miami resort amenities and golf course views. A NEW ADDITION. Trump Hotel CollectionTM has recently added Miami's iconic Doral Resort to its portfolio with plans for a spectacular multimillion-dollar redesign to restore Trump Doral to its former grandeur. Trump Doral boasts 693 guestrooms across 10 lodges; world-class golf courses including the Blue Monster; 100,000-sq.-ft. of meeting space including a 24,000-sq.-ft. ballroom; a sprawling 48,000-sq.-ft. spa with 33 treatment rooms; highly regarded golf school and teaching facilities; retail boutiques and a private members' clubhouse. "When completed, Doral will be the finest resort and golf club in the country." Donald J. Trump, Trump Organization chairman and president.The comprehensive redesign of the entire resort begun in 2013, occurring in phases, and is slated to conclude in late 2014. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Trump National Doral Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.