“A Doral Gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Doral
Miami, Florida
“A Doral Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is a massive property that has undergone a $250M renovation...and it shows. I stayed in a new building and the room was absolutely lovely with a nicely appointed bathroom, a Nespresso machine and a bed that is heaven. The service is spectacular. Eduardo, the bellman, set the tone by driving me from the self-parking lot to the building, carrying my suitcase and filling the ice bucket all the while engaging in useful information about the property. This young man demonstrated a level of customer service rarely seen in hotels today. I will come back to this property in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a new building.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Ellicott City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Very well-maintained and updated property. My pet-peeves were well addressed: there were four large bath sheets and plenty of other towels and cloths in the bathroom; wifi was free, although there was a nominal charge for upgrading speed on up to five devices for $10/day. The bed and linens were extremely comfortable -- starched white high threadcount, tons of great pillows. My room was on the third floor of the Bob Hogan Villa, and the ceiling went up to the roofline, adding to the spaciousness of the room. The furnishings were also high quality, with solid wood dressers, etc. Although I'm not used to gold fixtures in recent years, the ones in the bathroom and lightswitch plates were indeed gold, apparently a Trump trademark. The bath amenities were excellent, and very plentiful; bottles were easily triple the size of standard bathroom amenity bottles.

The onsite restaurants had plenty of vegan options for my dietary constraints; pretty unusual for resorts. Poolside service, in fact all service, was friendly and helpful to a fault.

I can't speak highly enough about the outstanding conference facilities. The conference center in the main building is recently painted and freshened; continental breakfast, complete with table coffee service, was great.

I was prepared to be disappointed with an inland resort for the conference, but Doral was a very pleasant surprise in its ambiance and high quality. Of note, other reviewers complained about the airplane noise -- I didn't find it bad at all, even when lying by the pool.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Aarhus, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I spent a week at the Trump National Doral on business recently and was impressed enough with the service that I joined TripAdvisor just so that I could rate the hotel and its staff!

I have not stayed at a Trump property before and was not sure what to expect. The facility itself was very nice and has recently been renovated. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable, but what really sets the hotel apart is the service. I had amazing service from the moment I arrived, starting with one of the bell boys, Pensy, taking great care of me and even helping me track down the FedEx office. In addition, Alejandro at the front desk was wonderful in helping me track down a rental car when the kiosk was closed, and so was Buck, who got me quickly and safely to the off-site rental location to pick up a car; Annia from room service deserves a call out; and so do Pericles from the pool (who very graciously accepted my apology for not having USD with which to tip him); Percival from the bellboy staff; and Gilda from the Concierge desk who was very helpful on several occasions, including getting Alejandro and Buck to help me resolve the rental car situation.

I did have a small issue with the minibar, which took a few days to resolve, but it was resolved very nicely by Gabriel Șoanca and his team. Gabriel went above and beyond to ensure that the rest of my stay was comfortable and I appreciate his concern, sincerity and generosity.

I am a frequent traveller and I have stayed in many nice hotels with fine service; however, the service at the Trump Doral has been the best I have ever experienced. There seems to be a real sense of purpose and teamwork and empowerment from everyone, and it feels like all who work there genuinely want to be there.

Even the chamber maids, whose names I don’t have, were exceptional. I ran into them several times during my visit and they were always so helpful and kind and the rooms were well-tended and clean.

I will definitely go out of my way to stay at Trump properties in the future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Beautiful place. The food and views are amazing! The staff are so friendly! Christina from housekeeping took such good care of me during my stay, she was so helpful and made my room so nice and in turn my stay so comfortable, she is an asset to the team!
The food in the dining outlets is also delicious

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

very welcoming at check-in
lack of follow-through on details (had requested that I was expecting a fax & wanted it delivered to my room, but I had to call to see if it arrived. It had, but they did not deliver it. Did not receive the wake up (or back-up wake-up) call I requested for day of check out for early flight - luckily I had set the clock radio). Also, was in a nice size room, but I found the bathroom to be quite small in relation to the size of room (very narrow)

Room Tip: was a good location for a conference as the meeting rooms were nearby
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The Trump National Doral is another classic signature from the Trump Luxurious series. The Resort is located in Doral, a suburb of Miami with over 800 acres of property that has been renovated recently. The hotel is composed of multiple Villas ( which are luxurious buildings with several floors and multiple rooms ) dispersed around the club house which is the focal point. the Villas are also surrounding a golf course with 90 hole course.The resort has all the amenities for a luxurious stay including a large Golf course, centrally located pool , restaurants, and beautiful spacious rooms with marble floors and nice walk-in showers. the rooms are big enough to fit easily 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 kids. I have given the hotel property 5 stars because of its truly nice design and upscale feel. it offers free wifi and the beds are very comfortable . staff were helpful and nice.
However there are some drawbacks to keep in mind:
1- it is not near the waterfront and is about 15 min- 20 min to the ' happening" areas in South beach.
2- Food is super expensive and is only slightly above average quality for a 5 star resort (especially for the room in-dining. I paid 67 dollars for cup of soup, chicken Cesar salad and coffee).
3- while there is self parking option, the parking is located distant from the villas so much so that it is essentially impractical to park there . hence you are stuck with the valet parking which you pay heavily for!
4- just like the rest of the Trump properties, get assessed a daily resort fee
5- if you need a roll-away bed, you are charged 50 dollars per night
6- the pool is located in-front of he club house where guests check in , so it might be uncomfortable having to walk in wearing your swimming suit when other guests are showing up for business meetings wearing business suits.
overall, it is a nice resort, services are expensive but the hotel is comfortable.

Room Tip: see if you can get reservation through a third party where resort fees are already paid for.
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Sixteen of us stayed at Trump National Doral for our annual Golf outing. The entire Doral experience met all of our expectations. The golf courses were in top condition. The rooms were fantastic. The entire staff was there to make our stay special. The attention to every detail was very obvious and much appreciated. We all felt our DORAL event was one of our best ever.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!