“Overpriced and under construction (still)” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Advanced Purchase 20% Off
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Doral
New York City, New York
“Overpriced and under construction (still)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel twice for business. I haven't golfed here so cannot comment on any of the facilities or courses, clubhouse, etc.

The whole place is just sort of ... strange. It's been under construction for years so your room may vary considerably from building to building. It may also be quite a ways from the main building. In my first visit, I was very central but was given a room next to an elevator and very dated furnishings. In my second visit, I was given a much larger room in the Spa building but was clearly last renovated in the early 1980s, complete with moldy showers and gold-accented everything. Only one restaurant is currently opened.

PROs: All of the renovated areas are very modern and clean, well done and not too over the top considering it is a Trump property. The gym is particularly good and I never found it busy in the morning. Staff are very friendly; I don't think I encountered anyone without a great customer attitude, even if restaurant staff can be quite inefficient.

CONs: Everything on the property is eye-watering expensive, even for a "5 star". $9 for a yogurt, $4 for bottle of filtered water, etc. The unrenovated areas are pretty hideous. And the location is not good for anything except the golf, you really need a car to get around. Construction, although not too loud, is unsightly.

Room Tip: Only stay in the renovated rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
David F, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear C_A_M_W717,

Thank you for your remarks regarding your recent visit to Trump National Doral. Our renovations will be completed at the end of this year and we thank you for being patient with us while we "return to grandeur." We also appreciate your continued support of the resort as you have been there with us since the beginning of our transformation.

We look forward to welcoming you back and reading another review from you!

Vice President and Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

I booked a weekend stay at the Trump National Doral for my birthday where I had stayed years prior (Marriott); Now under new management (Trump). The entire resort is undergoing renovation, from the now elegant entrance to the golf course. The staff at the front desk (Ms. Catrina Wallace) made our stay exceptionally special. From the friendly welcome to the personalized birthday cake sent to our room, she delivered remarkable service with a humble demeanor. Ms. Wallace pampered us with complementary bottle of champagne and not to mention personalized pictures taken by their in house photographer Ms. Nilsa Rodriguez. We enjoyed our stay so much that before we left we booked again in celebration of our upcoming wedding anniversary. I truly believe the high caliber staff at the Trump National Doral made our stay spectacular.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Cesar F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent visit to Trump National Doral. We're extremely happy to see that you enjoyed your birthday celebrations with us and that you have already booked your wedding anniversary here.

Thank you for your nice remarks about Catrina. Please know that we have share your review with her and our leadership team.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your wedding anniversary celebrations!

Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Newly renovated luxurious resort. Anything you may want at your finger tips. Outstanding service , friendly & helpful staff. Breathe taking views. Great for Corporate Executive accomodation and also great for Corporate Events, not to mention the BEST golf in town. I like to especially mention the stellar service our company has received from their Business Manager: Yosie Crespo : you need something Corporate call Yosie she is friendly professional and follows up with all your request the kind of top noche employee you expect in a TRUMP establishment. I strongly recommend this resort!!!!!!

Room Tip: room with golf view
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
David F, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear HLora2014,

Thank you for sharing this remarkable review regarding Trump National Doral. You couldn't of given us a better compliment than sharing these thoughts on TripAdvisor for all to see.

We also want to thank you for the comments about Yosie. She truly exemplifies customer service and are lucky to have her in our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I recently planned a corporate event for over 200 guests at the Trump Doral. From my initial interaction with Rebecca, my experience was wonderful. She was extremely easy to work with and very responsive to all of my requests. She greeted our group with open arms and exceeded all of our expectations. Upon arriving at the hotel, every staff member I came in contact with was welcoming and helpful. The White and Gold Ballroom was a beautiful space and the food was exceptional! Our banquet captain, Consuela, was a pleasure to work with. The Bobby Jones guest rooms were very spacious and clean. Will definitely recommend this hotel and hope to be back soon!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Tammy H,

Thank you for your nice review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent experience at Trump National Doral. We are pleased to hear that the meeting was a success and that you enjoyed your time at the resort.

Your comments have been shared with Rebecca and Consuelo. We have also forwarded your review with our entire leadership team.

Thank you again for your very gracious note and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

My recent stay at the Trump National Doral Miami was awesome! From the moment I pulled up to the the hotel and checked in to the time I left, every aspect of my stay was fantastic. I was especially impressed with the front desk personnel's warm reception and attentiveness, particularly that of Mrs. Catrina Wallace who was exceptional!. Such a pleasant and informative person. It was easy to see that her priority IS customer service and satisfaction. She went above and beyond to insure that I would be comfortable, enjoy my stay and never forget the "Trump Hotel Experience-Miami Style". The service, the food, the amenities and just walking around the property was great. Everyone was so very nice and friendly. The facility is beautifully landscaped and clean. Rooms are spacious and elegantly decorated. A must stay at hotel when in the Doral area!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sapphire22014,

Thank you for the wonderful review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at Trump National Doral. We're extremely pleased to see that you were impressed with every aspect of your experience, specifically the service you received from Catrina. She's an exemplary associate and your remarks do not surprise me.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

At first glance the hotel looks great. Professionally manicured lawns. Courteous entrance staff that guides you towards check in. The check in itself took just a few minutes and we were on our way to Bobby Jones rooms.

There is construction going on all over the place, but that didn't bother us too much in terms of noise, but it is messy. After we parked we were unable to transport our bags to due to extremely muddy walkways caused by the rain and digging from construction. We asked for help from employees passing by in their golf carts, but were simply ignored. Finally my husband attempted to do so on his own, and a the golf trainer was kind enough to help us. As I was waiting a wonderful employee - Geroge stopped and helped me with rest of our luggage. Kudos to them!

The room itself was very neat and clean, well decorated with a comfortable bed. The coffee area was not well stocked- no caffeinated coffee. There was no Do Not Disturb sign, so we requested one and never got it. Our room shower did not have any warm water, so we called the reception at night and they offered to change rooms for us in the morning. When we called in the morning no one had any information on it, the staff was rude except for one person who finally helped us move into another room.

Another thing is the WALLS ARE THIN. We could hear other guests laughing, coughing, cursing at their children and worse yet peeing (for a very long time), and to top it their morning alarms. I had to call the front desk and ask them to turn off an alarm in the next room which had been going off for half an hour.

Overall, decent rooms with thin walls that need a little more attention to detail and good staff with a few exceptions.

Stayed August 2014
Dear Dee P,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay at Trump National Doral. We take your remarks seriously and apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at the resort due to our construction and the few associates that did not display our service culture. Please know that your comments have been shared with our leadership team.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

During my recent stay with my wife at trump national Doral at the Bobby Jones, I had an excellent and enjoyable stay during my stay at the hotel. We were greeted and treated with respect by the staff and especially by jahnell, she was upbeat and cheerful. She went the extra mile to guarantee our stay at the trump doral was as delightful as possible. She was very proper and provided us with all the information of all the services provided at trump national Doral. She suggested we try the white course and enjoy the wonderful pools.

• Stayed August 2014
David F, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear jv233,

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay at Trump National Doral. We're pleased to see that you and your wife enjoyed the resort, specifically the service provided by Jahnell.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to Trump National Doral.

Vice President and Managing Director

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!