“Excellent Spa Weekend!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Doral
Melbourne, FL
“Excellent Spa Weekend!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I recently traveled to this beautiful resort with a group of 32 ladies from the Space Coast Ski & Travel Club. I worked with Ryan Herschberger and Rebecca Graves to plan our stay and they did a wonderful job for our group. We were greeted warmly in the reception area and shuttled to the newly-redesigned Gary Player and Bobby Jones guestroom villas. Our rooms were gorgeous and comfortable and we were thrilled to be located so close to the Spa building. In the weeks prior to our visit, we worked with Michael Perez and Jhonery Mendoza to schedule our spa appointments. Their staff did an amazing job and saw to our every need both before and during our visit. I've never seen such individualized treatment for such a large group of ladies. We all raved about our spa treatments and the products used on us. Those working at the spa are exceptionally skilled and extremely personable. They really made our weekend a rejuvenating success! Every employee at the resort treated us wonderfully and we are already planning our return visit for July 2015!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
David F, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear JeannieMelbourne_FL,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind note regarding the success of the Space Coast Ski & Travel Club outing at Trump National Doral. We are pleased to read that you and the group enjoyed our renovated guestrooms and the spa experience.

We are also delighted to see your comments about Ryan, Rebecca, Michael and Jhonery. They are exemplary associates and it certainly does not surprise us that they provided you with wonderful and individualized service.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Vice President and Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

My first time writing a review anywhere..but the management at this hotel truly treated my concern for charges to my credit card issues so poorly that I had to inform others.
Everyday during my 4 day stay my credit card kept on getting hundreds of dollars in hold charges. I had charged only $40 to my room and paid everything cash. After nicely informing the staff, they assured me that these would be cleared and acted as if my concern was not a valid one. After returning home, I still noticed 4 days later that some charges had been withdrawn. I called two days in a row and asked for accounting which was never available. Today I spoke with Buck, one of the managers via phone and informed him how disappointed I was of having to follow up on something that should have been taken care of for me. He just gave me words of apologies which they seam to be really good at and not willing to take off some simple parking charges or offer me anything if I return. This hotel's management is in need of customer service etiquette.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear queenbof3,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent experience at Trump National Doral. I know our Front Office Manager assisted you and this has been rectified to your satisfaction, however, it is our sincere apology that you had to experience these challenges with your billing.

Please contact our Director of Rooms, Charlotte Rosenau if you would like to speak further as we want to ensure your complete recovery from this unfortunate incidence. Her email address is crosenau@trumphotels.com.

Thank you again for sharing your comments and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

My wife, son and I had the pleasure of meeting the most genuine person on our trip to Miami on July 18,19 & 20. Vanessa who we had just met went out of her way to make sure that our son had a nice ice cream treat sent to our room around 10PM. We were taken back from the three person sundae that we called her back to make sure that we had that same sundae delivered again the next day. Not only did she take care of this I ran into her on her break the next day and she remembered my name. I have spent many hours in hotels and resorts and the service that we received was amazing. Let alone when someone that sees thousands of people every week can remember our names. Very impressed!

One note that is important to everyone wanting to travel here. This resort is under a huge renovation and having stayed here prior to Mr. Trump purchasing this resort you are not ever inconvenienced. This will be a great place to visit when complete.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Gary Player Villa and that was perfect for the pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
David F, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Vern S,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at Trump National Doral. We're pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time at the resort and thank you for your comments about Vanessa. She is an exemplary associate and it certainly does not surprise us that you were impressed by her.

We thank you again for sharing your comments and look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I am a member in Trump National Doral since 2000. Every morning I pass by the Market Place and there are two young ladies that always greet me with a smile and give a great customer service. Their names are Briana and Tamara. I've been a member for a long time and I am happy to feel at home every time I'm at he resort. I buy coffe or a freshly squeezed orange juice and I always have a great conversation with any of them! Good for you Trum at Doral!

Natalio El Haddad

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Natalio H,

Thank you for sharing your gracious comments on TripAdvisor. We are so pleased to hear that you feel at home at the resort. That is what we strive to be, especially for our valuable members!

We also want to thank you for remarks about Briana and Tamara. Please know that your review has been forwarded to our leadership team and to them as well.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Trump National Doral soon!

Fort Myers, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The rooms were very small for a 5 star hotel. The rooms were beautiful, well maintained, clean and classy. However, then you go to the pool. The slide for the children was nice, but there were not chairs at the end of the pool for parents to watch their children. Mine is old enough to to be watched, but there were little ones going down and no attendant or parents were down there to catch them in the pool. The attendant at the top of the slide also could not see them end, as she was continually sending children own on top of each other. There are NO pool attendants to get you towels or chair setups. All but one person had to get their own towel set ups for the chairs. One day I did go and have a wonderful person set up our chairs. Her name was Janelle Rodgers. Out of the 3 employees working, she was the only one actually doing her job, but she is only one person and can't cover 2 pools. She was extremely polite also. For a pool area this size and for the "5 Star" hotel experience this hotel in now way measures up to standards. We have Stayed at Loews Miami Beach before where there are many, many, many employees who waited on you hand and foot at the pool, every hour bringing you different things for free. At this hotel, the three employees didn't even come around to ask if we wanted drinks from the bar, ever, and we were there on a day when it was 100 degrees. In fact, they never came and checked on us at all! He needs to let loose of some money and hire more employees, and send them to Loews to be trained!!! My husband and son played golf on the White course, which after they started, were told they were taking this course out and they could clearly see they were not taking care of it. We bought a golf package and they didn't even bother to tell us that when we booked. Just because Trump has his name on it does not make it a good hotel. It is on its way to be beautiful, but if you have a bad experience while there, the beauty does not make a difference! Also they had 2 gift shops in the hotel, which did not have employees. They said if you want to see the merchandise, you had to ask someone to open it for you.

Room Tip: Choose Loews Miami Beach and drive to Doral if you want to play golf.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent visit at Trump National Doral. We take your remarks seriously and apologize for the unsatisfactory service you received at The Royal Palm Pool. We would like for you to provide us with more details about your stay. Please contact Sonia Espinosa at sespinosa@trumphotels.com.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The pool attendant Dario Solis was very courteous and he was always alert to our needs. If water or towels were needed we had them immediately. As well as he offer to take us to the Spa Lobby if the shuttle had take long since we had a Spa appointment.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
David F, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear LPUJALA,

Thank you for wonderful comments regarding your recent experience at Trump National Doral. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed The Royal Palm Pool and the service Dario provided you.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Upon our recent visit to the Trump we were received very well at the front desk, had a wonderful lunch at the pool bar and was attended to very well by Steven. We were amazed at how beautiful the hotel was even while under renovations. Yes, there were some inconveniences, but our stay was pleasant. The pool was beautiful, the attendants were awesome and friendly especially Alex our server and a young lady that worked at handing out towels at the quiet pool. She was very kind to my boys and I. I wish I got her name. We loved being pampered with cool towels, smoothie samples, face mist, it was awesome. However, I feel the prices were a bit high for a hotel that had inconveniences with lots of construction. And even without the construction to pay $4.00 for a can of soda was outrageous. I could understand if it was some kind of imported drink from Australia or something, but pepsi. Please. Our room was beautiful, but again the view was construction. The bathroom was amazing, but the shower well, I couldn't even bend over to shave my legs without hitting my head. It was way to small. My face was right against the wall and I am a small person. My boys and husband were always hitting their elbows on the wall. When turning on the tub, black stuff would come out so couldn't use that. Room service was always late in the day. It really was upsetting to be gone all day and come back to an uncleaned room. I would stay there again only once they complete the construction and I would ask for a room with a bigger shower. Other then these few things I didn't allow it to ruin my fun. We had a great time. I just say lower the cost of sodas, beers and food.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bigger shower.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Rosiering,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at Trump National Doral. I apologize that our bathrooms were too small for you and your family and that you experienced some inconveniences due to our current resort enhancements. Please know that your remarks have been sent to our leadership team.

On the other hand, we're pleased to hear that your overall experience at the resort was pleasant.

Vice President and Managing Director

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!