“Pool attendant was great!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Linger Longer
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Doral
Miami, Florida
“Pool attendant was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The pool attendant Dario Solis was very courteous and he was always alert to our needs. If water or towels were needed we had them immediately. As well as he offer to take us to the Spa Lobby if the shuttle had take long since we had a Spa appointment.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
David F, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear LPUJALA,

Thank you for wonderful comments regarding your recent experience at Trump National Doral. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed The Royal Palm Pool and the service Dario provided you.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Vice President and Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Upon our recent visit to the Trump we were received very well at the front desk, had a wonderful lunch at the pool bar and was attended to very well by Steven. We were amazed at how beautiful the hotel was even while under renovations. Yes, there were some inconveniences, but our stay was pleasant. The pool was beautiful, the attendants were awesome and friendly especially Alex our server and a young lady that worked at handing out towels at the quiet pool. She was very kind to my boys and I. I wish I got her name. We loved being pampered with cool towels, smoothie samples, face mist, it was awesome. However, I feel the prices were a bit high for a hotel that had inconveniences with lots of construction. And even without the construction to pay $4.00 for a can of soda was outrageous. I could understand if it was some kind of imported drink from Australia or something, but pepsi. Please. Our room was beautiful, but again the view was construction. The bathroom was amazing, but the shower well, I couldn't even bend over to shave my legs without hitting my head. It was way to small. My face was right against the wall and I am a small person. My boys and husband were always hitting their elbows on the wall. When turning on the tub, black stuff would come out so couldn't use that. Room service was always late in the day. It really was upsetting to be gone all day and come back to an uncleaned room. I would stay there again only once they complete the construction and I would ask for a room with a bigger shower. Other then these few things I didn't allow it to ruin my fun. We had a great time. I just say lower the cost of sodas, beers and food.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bigger shower.
Dear Rosiering,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at Trump National Doral. I apologize that our bathrooms were too small for you and your family and that you experienced some inconveniences due to our current resort enhancements. Please know that your remarks have been sent to our leadership team.

On the other hand, we're pleased to hear that your overall experience at the resort was pleasant.

Thank you again for sharing your comments and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This hotel was a dump. Trump bought it and is transforming it into a gorgeous hotel. We stayed in a Gary Player suite. It was very spacious on a grassy lawn. Decor is first rate in the rooms and all areas of the hotel. Ballroom was incredible. Used to be dreary. Trump added a huge balcony/patio, so now there is an awesome sunset view. Chandeliers are amazing! Pool was awesome. Family area and adult area. Food was delicious everywhere. I don't golf, but I'm sure courses are first rate.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear CalifAdventurer,

Thank you for your gracious remarks regarding your recent stay at Trump National Doral. It truly brings us great pleasure to know that you have been here with us during our transformation and can now appreciate the final results.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Jackson, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Mr. Feder,
I am a current guest at Doral and writing you through Tripadvisor as I have not been easily able to find another way to contact you.
Due to construction, there is one pathway from my building (Bobby Jones) to the Pritikin building.
This pathway is now being actively blocked by construction workers, who have installed a large piece of equipment on this pathway by what I believe will be a conference building...they are cutting pieces of marble. This is really not particularly safe for your guests and probably some sort of code violation. Please speak to your construction supervisor. I would think there are other locations where this work can be done other than the middle of the only walking access point for many of your guests. Sorry to complain. I do think the finished resort will be amazing. We were here last year and the quality of the remodeled rooms has been dramatically improved. Thank you.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear krabeone,

Thank you for reaching out to me. I take your remarks seriously and apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with construction blocking your way when trying to reach the spa for your Pritikin lessons. Please know that I personally walked the space with our Director of Loss Prevention and have pointed out a safer pathway for you and our guests to reach to the spa. You should be seeing directional signs soon.

Thank you again for sharing your valuable feedback.

Wellington, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Service and food at BLT was terrible. Banquet level food just OK. Service and amenities are far from a first class resort. When I was checking in my car was moved to a distant lot even before luggage was removed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
David F, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Ronald B,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Trump National Doral. We take your remarks seriously and apologize that your experience at the resort was less than ideal. Please know that your remarks have been shared with our leadership team.

We thank you again for sharing your feedback with us and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

St. Petersburg, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

This resort should be closed until the construction trades are off property. They parked in the spaces I had to pay for daily and walked 4-5 abreast down the middle of the roads and didn't move when a car approached.

Add in a no hot water in the shower and they NEVER FIXED IT. At 10:45pm the night before I was leaving there was a message on my phone that they knew my hot water wasn't working and couldn't fix it so they wanted to move me. REALLY? I drove home the next day and showered at home with HOT WATER.

oh, I was not alone two colleagues had issues. Trying to leave the parking lot a construction truck was in front of his car and no worker in site. A glass in the cabinet had a chip in it that was so sharp just picking it up he received a cut. Good thing it wasn't a child.

The only good thing I will say was it was the fastest WiFi I have ever connected to. Other than that two nights there were not worth paying for. I should have stayed at the Doubletree I was at earlier that week.

Room Tip: Wait until the construction is completed before going there....
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
David F, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear John T,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay at Trump National Doral. We take your remarks seriously and apologize for your unsatisfactory visit at the resort. We would like for you to provide us with more details about your experience. Please contact Sonia Espinosa at sespinosa@trumphotels.com.

Pembroke Pines, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

The time spent was amazing. My fiance and I enjoyed the pool and spa, as well as the dining. Rooms were beautiful and very comfortable. Charlotte Rosenau walked us throughout showing us what Trump National had to offer. You can see the passion in what she does, and it carries out into her staff. Everyone was very pleasant and professional, willing to help at every moment. The Trump National is and will be a place that myself and fiance will visit and stay for years to come. Thank you again Charlotte Rosenau for making our stay so memorable. You and your staff are amazing. Thank you again!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
David F, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear rsantacreujr,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about your experience at Trump National Doral. We're pleased to see that you enjoyed the pool, spa and dining experience.

Charlotte is an exemplary associate and it certainly does not surprise me that she made such an impression on both of you. Please know that your comments have been shared with her and our leadership team.

Thank you again for your kind remarks and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Vice President and Managing Director

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!