“Golf holiday resort where you can't get a tee time!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Linger Longer
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Doral
Carshalton, United Kingdom
“Golf holiday resort where you can't get a tee time!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We booked 2 nights at the Doral with the specific intention to play golf, but were told when we rang up to arrange the golf there were no tee times available the first day and only late afternoon the 2nd day! The women I spoke to was surly and unhelpful. We finally got a tee time at 0754 only when we were about to cancel altogether. Also we encountered lots of little problems and when we told reception staff about our issues,although they were nice, but didn't really do anything to solve the problems and came across as quite inexperienced.

On the plus side the rooms, hotel, pool and golf course were lovely as you would expect.

Room Tip: We were in the Bobby Jones villa, which was lovely and peaceful but it was a bit of a walk to the ho...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
David F, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Sue M.,

Thank you for taking to time to write your comments on your recent stay at Trump National Doral. We take your remarks seriously and apologize for the inconvenience you experienced when trying to book your tee times. Your remarks were sent to our leadership team.

On the other hand, we're happy to hear that you thought our rooms, hotel, pool and golf course were lovely.

We thank you again for sharing your valuable comments with us and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Vice President and Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We recently spent a three-day weekend at the newly remodeled Trump National Doral. What a place! We are locals and have visited Doral periodically over the years but this is our first time since Trump took over. Wow, what a change! For the better!

Our room was in the newly remodeled Bobby Jones Villa. Everything was perfect, everything was new, everything was exquisite. The beds were so comfortable. My girl wanted to know what brand they were and where we could buy one.

Probably the most pleasant experience I had during my stay was my encounter with one of the Trump staff members. While walking towards the BLT restaurant I asked Mr. Jim Borrowski (Director of Facilities) for directions. Clearly this guy is a busy man but he not only took the time to help me but engaged in a conversation that showed me he was truly interested in my satisfaction as a resort guest. He found out that I was in a similar line of business and took the time to show me a very impressive chiller plant that provides air-conditioning to the resort. Thank you again Jim and thanks to all the staff members at Trump Doral. I will be back.

Room Tip: Stay in one of those newly renovated Vilas. Mine was the Bobby Jones Villa. Others are Gary Player a...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
David F, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Chuck M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at Trump National Doral. We’re happy to hear that you had a wonderful staycation and that you were impressed by our transformation.

We also want to thank you for your comments about Jim. We have shared your remarks with him and to the entire staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Bedford, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

The hotel is still undergoing renovations, however the pool area is complete and looks great. We were able to get a room in one of the newly renovated buildings and were very pleased. Very beautiful decor, extremely comfortable bed and very nice bathroom amenities.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
David F, Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Irene E,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at Trump National Doral. I am glad to hear that you were impressed and pleased with us, specifically with the pool area and guestrooms.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Trump National Doral.

Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I stayed here for a conference in mid May.
First the negatives:
You pay for EVERYTHING here. prices at the bar are ridiculous. We took one look and headed over to the Carolina Pub across the road where drinks were 1/3 the price of Trumps. Parking charges are also outrageous plus the guys all expect to be tipped. I wanted to park for 30 minutes and one guy wanted to charge me $18 self parking fee. When I got to my room, there were 2 bottles Fiji bottle water next to the tv. Naturally I drank them and found to my amazement that I was charged $20 on checkout. There was no sign saying there was a charge and they were not stored in the mini bar so I assumed they were free. There was a thunderstorm on my second to last day. Nothing major but somehow it knowcked out tv service at the hotel for over 12 hours. Of course when we called to get updates, no one could provide any meaningful info except 'we are working on it'.

The positives: I was given a room in the Bobby Jones villa. It was large and very comfortable. Air condition worked well and maid service was good.
The biggest positive at the hotel is Mr. Elmo Wells, the Front Desk Director. He was very friendly and always willing to assist in any way possible. A true asset to the hotel. I hope he is well paid.

Room Tip: Bobby Jones villa is not too far from main building or the entrance to hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
David F, Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear keibri89,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor. Your remarks have been passed on to our management team for corrective actions in efforts to improve our guest experience.

I'm pleased that you were impressed with Elmo and will ensure your comments will be sent to him.

I appreciate you sharing your experience here and hope to welcome you back again.

New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I recently stayed at the trump national for one night on business. I enjoyed the spa but was very disappointed by the level of service. I was particularly disappointed by the host staff at BLT. The young lady that seated me was very dismissive . I was lucky enough to stay in a renovated suite and experienced the same issue as another reviewer with a very inadequate A/C unit. I would only recommend this resort for a golfer on a short stay.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a renovated room as the hotel is under a massive overhaul.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear BizFamJetSetter,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us in May. I apologize for the deficiencies in service, specially in BLT Prime. Your feedback has been sent to BLT Prime Management and were addressed.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I was staying here for the Prtikin program. It was 2 days and after 3 requests that I finally got my room cleaned. I don't get the impression that they care much about the Pritikin guests. The grounds are beautiful - part of course was being stripped but general grounds nice. amenities are poor, service mediocre. Not sure how this gets such a high raiting. Glass of champagne is more expensive than going to Brickel or Miami Beach, or even Grove Isle. WOW - where do they think they are? They are way out in Doral, and unless you're a golfer or coming to Pritikin I would never stay here. Had a good experience at the spa but it is pricier than some of the finest spas I've been to in Europe. The bed was extremely hard and lumpy. they realize they are not dealing with frat boys right?

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Catp20,

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at Trump National Doral. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced pertaining to us servicing your room. Your remarks have been passed to Housekeeping Management.

Although this does not affect your past stay, I want you to know that starting next week all Pritikin guests will be housed in our newly renovated villas in which the product is a vast upgrade. This project has taken us two years and will be completed at the end of this year.

We thank you again for sharing your comments with us and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Key Biscayne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

The Hotel, the restaurants and the golf courses are a wonderful way to spend a week, a long weekend or a vacation. The new Blue Monster is awesome and very challenging. The food and service at the BLT restaurant is great.

• Stayed April 2014
David F, Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear JaimeG948,

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely feedback about your recent stay at Trump National Doral Miami. I agree with you that the new Blue is "awesome and very challenging". Wait until you see what we do to the Red and Gold golf courses!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and to hopefully experience our other championship golf courses.

Vice President & Managing Director

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!