“Needs work... Has potential” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Linger Longer
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Doral
Toronto, Canada
“Needs work... Has potential”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very grand in appearance. Check in was good and friendly. We stayed at the Spa building, which was on the other side of this very big resort. Friendly service. Room was big, with a living room, two bathrooms and are you ready, three balconies! As nice as all that sounds, the room and bathrooms do need some updating, looked a little worn in places.

Had dinner outside at BLT, service was slow, lot's of servers, but not really sure what they were all doing. Dinner took 3 hours, and the food was cold, even though we complained, no one seemed to care,

Valet had some issues as well, took a long time to get our car, seemed disorganized.

A hotel like this should always score a 4 or 5 out of 5. But not on this stay, hotel is good, but has work to do.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
David F, Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I am happy that you were pleased with our friendly service, and spacious bedrooms. I regret to hear about your experience at BLT Prime, your thoughts are very important to us. We have reviewed the issues experienced and have taken corrective action in efforts to improve our guest experience.
We appreciate you sharing your experience here and we hope to welcome you back again.

Vice President and Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
Westfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I just came back from the Trump National Doral. I could not have been more pleased and had a wonderful vacation. Trump did a superb job in renovating this hotel. I was also very skeptical about staying there, because of all the bad reviews. I was so impressed and pleased with all aspects of the hotel including the beautiful pool and my room was great. The staff at Trump went out of their way to insure us a fantastic time. Frank at the front desk is now my best friend and Buck is a close second. People could not have been nicer and went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. I went with three girlfriends and we golfed everyday. We are definitely going to make this an annual trip.
Rosann from cold New Jersey

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
David F, Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay in March on Trip Advisor. We’re happy to hear that you had a wonderful vacation and that you were impressed and pleased with us at Trump National Doral. I appreciate the recognition of Frank, and Buck from Front Office, I have shared your comments with them and with all of our associates. We’re also thrilled that you particularly enjoyed your golf rounds, our Royal Palm Pool, and our friendly staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Trump National Doral.

Niagara on the Lake
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Room was great. Make sure you are not on main floor near elevator. Once I moved it was great.
Gilda at Concierge went above and beyond!
Blue Monster Fabulious!!
White - please demolish.
I will give them the benefit of the doubt. Mostly everything was very good and will only get better with time. Pool is very nice but water way too warm.
Overall I'd go back.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I am happy that you were pleased with your accommodations and that you enjoyed your golf experience while playing the Blue Monster. I appreciate your acknowledgement of Gilda, we will happily share your praises.

We appreciate you sharing your experience here and we hope to welcome you back again!

Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed at the Trump National Doral Miami for a medical conference from Feb 25-March 1. While I understand the resort was undergoing construction and trying to be ready to open in time for the big golf tournament the following week, I don't think any of those reasons should be an excuse for your current customers to receive such poor service and accommodations.

There were 2 employees who were exceptional: Jorge at reception/check-in and Luis at the pool. They went out of their way to be overly friendly and helpful when other staff members just seemed completely clueless.

I'm not going to re-iterate the other posts, they are all 100% on target. There was construction everywhere, you couldn't walk without practically tripping over something; There was no lighting at night and the sidewalks weren't finished. The layout is HORRID and although the bellmen try their best to get shuttles for people, it was quicker just to walk than wait the 30 minutes for a golf-cart to talk us back to our building. There was absolutely no organization to how things were run it was complete mishegoss.

We stayed in the Tiger Woods Villa, which had just opened the week prior. Two days the elevator didn't work. The path flooded every morning. It was right across from the "grand reception area" so we heard construction all night. Across from out bed there was a life-size picture of Tiger Woods staring at us all night, PLUS one of him and his dad over the toilet in the bathroom, it was creepy and gaudy. We woke up to maintenance workers banging and fixing things in the hallways and on Sat March 1st people with walkie-talkies saying that "Sports Illustrated is here for the photo shoot, make it look done" over & over again.

There was only ONE restaurant in the entire resort that was open (or completed), and that was at the pool. The resort is NOT within walking distance to restaurants so you're kind of stuck eating there, by the pool, for every meal. It was insane. The average wait time to 1) get service was 30-45 minutes (yes, that was AFTER having a seat) and 2) to get your food after ordering was 60-90 minutes. And the waitstaff seemed to have had absolutely NO training, if we weren't so aggravated, it would've been laughable.

The prices during this "under construction" phase were not reduced one cent. My boyfriend ordered a mojito by the pool (the only bar in the entire resort as well), but the resort was out of mint leaves. (We WERE in Miami, mojitos are kind of a given in Miami, the resort out of mint leaves??? Couldn't someone have gone to Costco and bought mint leaves for the bar? WERE THEY SERIOUS)? So, the waiter recommended a drink "just like a mojito but Brazilian", cost…$19 for a drink in a plastic cup and all ice.

I could keep going on, but again, I feel like I am reiterating what others have already said.
If I could give one recommendations, save your money, and stay somewhere else. The Trump National Doral is just NOT worth the money they will bilk out of you.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us in February. We sincerely regret to hear that your recent experience with us was less than desirable. We do appreciate your feedback, and sincerely apologize for the inconveniences experienced due to our renovations. Since your stay, we opened our Main Clubhouse with new dining options and recreational facilities. I do appreciate the recognition of Jorge and Luis, we are pleased that they provided great service during your stay.

Please accept our sincerest apologies, we hope you give us another opportunity and visit us again.

Lake Hopatcong, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I was very skeptical at staying at the Trump National Doral Miami after reading all the negative reviews before my visit. Upon entering I was completely blown away and the great layout and landscape while driving up to the Lobby. We were greeted by numerous bell hops, cleaning people and of course the front desk. We stayed in the Tiger Woods Villa which is completely renovated. Upon entereing the room you couldn't help notice the Huge TV and the comfortable bed. The Bathroom was just as amazing. Our balcony view overlooked the driving range.
The 2 pools were great as well. They offer an adult only pool and a zero entry pool for all to enjoy. Also have a water slide for the kids and hot tub for adults. Service is a bit slow poolside and expensive.
There were a few negatives, Self Parking was down by the Legends conference center which was a far walk. However they do offer cart service down to Self Parking and the drivers are very friendly. Another negative is with all the work being done to this amazing resort there was a lot of noise and construction vehicles driving around but I did not let either of these negatives impact my stay.
Cant comment on any of the restaurants on the premises but they seemed very pricey.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
David F, Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay in March. We are happy that you enjoyed your experience here and that you were blown away by the new Trump National Doral. I am pleased that you enjoyed your room in Tiger Woods Villa, and relaxed at Royal Palm Pool.

Thank you again and we look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back.

Westfield, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I traveled to Miami and stayed at this hotel form March 10-14. From the moment I checked in to when I left I was disappointed. We checked in early, around 10am, and left our number to be called when our room was available. We checked every hour until 3pm when our room was finally available. The next day I had a business meeting and was gone from 10 am until around 5pm. When I returned to my room my towels were still dirty and my bed was not made so I called to have fresh towels brought in. On Wednesday it was the same, we had to call to have our room attended to. Thursday our room was cleaned without calling, which you'd expect so no high remarks there. Also the internet in my rom was not strong and it took too long for web pages to load. In order to connect to my work's system I had to sit by the pool, thankfully the it was beautiful so it wasn't too much of a hardship.

On check out my bill was missing a day, it was under a separate reservation and was never combined. We were able to work through that but when I returned home I had a random full nights charge. When I called they said it was because I was a no show on Wednesday. I checked in on Monday and stayed until Friday, how I was a no show o Wednesday is beyond me but they were able to remove the charge.

There are some positives, it wasn't all negative. The weather was perfect, high 70's and low 80's, absolutely beautiful not that the property had anything to do with that. The spa was also nice. I got a facial and it was very relaxing. There is a workout facility that is only available to certain members which was disappointing because they offered fitness classes that I would have liked to have taken.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
David F, Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us in March on Trip Advisor. We try our best to accommodate all our guests’ requests and we apologize that we were unable to fulfill your early check in request upon arrival at 10:00 am. I regret to hear about your disappointing experience in regards to the housekeeping of your room, internet connection, and billing.

I am pleased that you were able to enjoy your day at the spa, and that you found your treatment relaxing. I hope you give us another opportunity in the future with a return visit.

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Most rooms are not renovated, they smell like cigarettes and mold. Service is terrible. Just realized that my bill was incorrect as well and they are charging me for dining that occurred day prior to my arrival!! Would never come back in a million years!

Room Tip: If you are going to stay there, only stay at the Tiger Woods building... only renovated portion of t...