“It will be lovely when it's done” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Signature Golf Package
Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Doral
Madison, Wisconsin
“It will be lovely when it's done”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

ITs a construction site. The service is lovely....when you can find someone to help you. While being lovely and polite, the staff has about a 50%follow through on what they say they will do. There was only one restaurant open during our stay and it was poolside.

The room was quite nice though very overpriced. It was no nicer than your standard room at the Ritz and less aesthetically interesting than a Park Hyatt and about $150.00 more per night. I could hear everything going on in the room next door. The television was huge. The bed was extremely comfortable and they provided bath sheets which I always like.

I think it will be a nice place to stay in about 6 months.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
David F, Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time out to share feedback, your comments are very important to us. I regret that our associates did not provide the level of service expected. I have shared your feedback with our leadership to reinforce our service standards of providing an unparalleled guest experience through courteous and attentive hospitality.

Our Main Clubhouse recently opened, and includes new dining options, a bar lounge, shops, and a state-of-the art fitness facility. Our guest rooms are currently in the process of a full transformation to provide the best in luxury and comfort to exceed all our guest’s expectations.

I hope you will give us another opportunity with a return visit to Trump National Doral Miami.

974 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Southlake, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

This place should be torn down, not remodeled. They pulled bait and switch on me and many many others and refuse to compensate. Well Donald, have you heard of a credit card dispute? As you see from all the responses from mgmt, they DO NOT CARE either. Lets see what happens when I dispute the entire stay as bait and switch, I bet the GM takes a look at that! Plus I have filed a complaint about this property to the state attorneys office for illegal bait and switch activities, hopefully the state will close this place down. Donald and the worthless manager David...You are going down, TIMBER!

Room Tip: Avoid this place at all costs
Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

This is the WORST hotel I have ever stayed in. There is no restaurant to speak of (just a bar at the pool which doesn't have half the menu items) and promptly runs out of drinks. Not to mention that they do a "last call" at 10 pm. There is no shop to by forgotten items, but hey, if you need a new driver or putter, you're good. Just don't forget your toothbrush. It is a confusing layout. The paint jobs, fixture in the rooms make Motel 6 look like a 4 Seasons. I didn't have hot water one day and the television is all analog. The shower fixture is coming off the wall and it is rusted. The thermostat doesn't work so I froze all night and my room was never turned over. I was there for a large business meeting, and I am telling you that they will never have return business from this group. I can't believe you can charge $300/night for such hideous accommodations. I will never be back, not even for business. I will stay elsewhere and I will never, ever recommend this place to anyone. In fact, run the other way! I would not even give this one star.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time out to share feedback. I sincerely apologize that your stay was a disappointing one.

We have recently opened our Main Clubhouse which includes new dining options, bar lounge, shops, and a state-of-the art fitness facility. Our guest rooms are currently in the process of a full transformation to provide the ultimate in comfort and luxury to exceed all our guest’s expectations.

Vice President and Managing
Cleveland Heights, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Where should I start?? I stayed here as part of a conference recently. I received email confirmations of my stay with a link stating "contact us via email" if you have questions about your stay. I emailed them twice and never received any response (yes, I checked my spam folder). I made golf reservations online, contacted them as well regarding a time change and also didn't receive a reply.

ROOMS: I was given a room in lodge 8. Hallways smelled like mildew. Colleagues said they had mold in their rooms. I can't believe they charged me close to $300 for these rooms. I would think any budget hotel would have nicer rooms.

STAFF: Uneducated about the hotel, golf facilities, and just about everything else. I found them to have no idea how to direct me to the various parts of the hotel. Even the "at your service" concierge via phone gave me incorrect information about my golf experience. I ended up almost missing my tee time.

SERVICE: Horrible. I have stayed all over the world. Would have had much better service at a Ritz for $150/night. Service at pool-side restaurant (Cascades) was extremely slow. They are clearly understaffed. Additionally-- I got locked out of my room FIVE times. The first time I waited for 20 minutes for security to come open my door. Was told someone else would deliver me a key. Never came. The fourth time I got locked out and went through the same routine, i finally got a key that worked. Only issue is that it got turned off again the morning of checkout two hours before my checkout time. So, I had to wait yet again. The one staff member who actually guided me himself to a conference facility took me through a food facility which was clearly for staff members only. I couldn't imagine what his supervisors would think if they knew this.

I complained to Buck Esguerra, one of the managers, and all he offered was a free massage at the spa. I don't know how they justify charging me $1000 for this stay when I would have had a much better and cheaper experience at the Hyatt down the street. I just read other reviews on TripAdisor and realized that everyone else has had a similar experience. Now I understand why they didn't offer me more.

CONFERENCE FACILITIES: Poor. Our conference room was overcrowded. I was on top of the persons next to me. Audio/Visual techs kept getting the wrong slides on the screen.

SAFETY: Whoa. Construction is everywhere. I was walking on nails, glass and metal shards everywhere. Nothing is roped off. The morning of my golf experience I ended up on a construction site (how did I get here??) and a crane was lifting something over my head. DANGEROUS, I should not have been able to even enter this area. I also walked into the lobby that I didn't realize was still under construction, when I heard "get him out of here, the fire marshall is coming!". If you don't want your guests entering your construction sites then YOU MUST ROPE OFF THESE AREAS!

In the end, I'm embarrassed for Donald Trump, and the management. I'm sorry my corporate group chose this location and I'd imagine this is the last time we stay here.

Room Tip: It's only worth it if you get a brand new villa.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I apologize the overall quality of your stay was disappointing. We are in the process of our transformation and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I thank you for taking the time to share your experience, your feedback is very important to us.

We sincerely hope that your experience did not entirely tarnish your impression of us and do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, to restore your confidence in our resort and brand.

Detroit, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Stayed four days at this resort. It was a competition golf trip amongst friends. Stayed at the villa's there. Rooms are exceptional. At the villa, each bedroom had its own private bath room w/shower. If you are the "bigdog" (the one who sets the reservation), the master bedroom has a jetted tube and private balcony over looking the Blue Monster Golf Course (Claim that first). If you play all four golf courses, your clubs are stored in the clubhouse. They will be waiting for you when you're ready to play the next day. You will have to pay a caddie fee when playing the Blue Monster, but its worth it. None for the other courses. While we were there, MAJOR construction was going on to prepare for the upcoming tourney. It didn't interfere with golfing. The "White Course" played harder than the Blue Monster. Maybe cause of the wind.

Make time to hit "Ocean Dr", South Beach. If you're into dinner, dancing, & people watching, this is a must. Across the street from Doral resort is several "Ale" houses. Too many beers on tap to count. Food was good. Basic stuff like wings, burgers, pizza, etc. Heads UP. The gratuity is figured into the price of your meals at the restaurants (don't be shocked). Overall, I had a relaxing fun time with friends. Hated to return to the cold.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor. Sounds like you truly enjoyed your recent golf trip. I am pleased to hear that you found our new guest rooms exceptional. All the new décor, furnishings, and amenities were carefully selected to exceed our guests’ expectations.

We appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you for another golf trip soon.

Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Under construction done in an unsafe fashion with guests present, in middle of unsavory part of Miami with constant aircraft departures overhead, no restaurants except pool cafe open, poor customer service, many rooms horrible, those that are refurbished have décor not consistent with contemporary Miami, grounds are impossible to navigate. Trump should be embarrassed. I travel very frequently for business and this is by far the worst property and service I have ever experienced. If this was on my dime I would be livid. Wait, I am livid anyway. Please avoid this property and spend your money elsewhere.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time out to let us know about your stay. I sincerely apologize that your stay was a disappointing one.

Since your visit, we have opened our Main Clubhouse which includes new dining options, a bar lounge, shops, and a state-of-the art fitness facility. Our guest rooms are currently in the process of a full transformation to provide the ultimate in comfort and luxury to exceed all our guest’s expectations.

Vice President and Managing
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

With the construction ongoing, in order to fill rooms, the facility is attracting the Priceline crowd...The Motel 6 crowd is being accommodated and although their befuddled antics are somewhat humerous...The Walmart trash bags they carry their undies and sundries in are...well...just unsettling.

• Stayed March 2014
David F, Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We sincerely hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Vice President and Managing Director

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!