“Under construction and a mess” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Announcement
Black Friday Sale Preview
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Doral
“Under construction and a mess”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I was here for a conference, and the construction was supposed to be done 4 months prior. Not only was the place still a construction zone, but only two of the hotel buildings were updated. When we checked in, multiple buildings didn't even have hot water! One room had black mold, and there were sewage problems in one of the two brand new buildings.

The pools and pool restaurant were very nice, but since I was here for work I didn't get to spend much time there. I did escape to the spam and was very disappointed with my hot stone message. The therapist never asked about the pressure,a no I had to instruct her multiple times. She also burned me with the stones TWICE.

Even once the construction is done, this is not a resort worthy of the Trump name. I would never come back, and would not recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
David F, Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I apologize the overall quality of your stay was disappointing. We are in the process of our transformation and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I thank you for taking the time to share your experience, your feedback is very important to us.

I regret to hear about your experience during your massage and have shared your feedback our Spa leadership. We sincerely hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Vice President and Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I have been at Doral for a week ! I have had nothing short of a great experience and time! The resort is under construction. But learned to move around it good in two days! This staff was way more than helpful ! Not one bad person even with. All the pressure of construction ! I could walk anyways in resort in 5 minutes ! Watched people complain while waiting for shuttle while they could have walked to where ever in 5 min or less! I ate on ground for lunch was great and local food for dinners! Thx to staff for great stay.

Room Tip: Stayed at spa rooms away from construction. Loved it I do not eat breakfast. But heard not that gr...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are very pleased to hear that all of our associates went above and beyond to ensure that you had an excellent experience; we strive to provide the flawless service our brand represents. I have shared your feedback with our associates.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Sitting in my room at 1:28 am still waiting ( now 1 hour) for someone to turn off the broken balcony light which is annoyingly waking me up. Called the front desk and they really have nothing to say except we !re sorry. How about you employ someone on 24/7 to fix your crappy broken property Me. Hot shot Donald Trump? This place blows! No restaurants, green water coming out of the faucets, crazy ugly interior design ,construction and noise everywhere.. Need I say more?

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I sincerely apologize that the overall quality of your stay was disappointing. I regret that we did not provide the level of service expected and apologize for the deficiencies experienced. We currently are in the process of upgrading our resort accommodations, facilities, restaurants, and amenities. We have addressed the issue of the balcony light with our engineering department and ensured that this was fixed.

I hope you give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Although the property is currently disrupted by the renovation/ construction, the staff is exceptional. They were all helpful, full of pride about the facility, and willing to help in all cases. Most outstanding was Victor Ortiz, who helped us to our room at Lodge 5, provided us with information, and was there to help us at every turn. Our room in Lodge 5 was spacious; we had a small refrigerator, and the internet was reliable for both of our computers.

Room Tip: We were on the corner of the top floor; no AC noise and had a great view of the golf course 18th gre...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are very pleased to hear that Victor went above and beyond to ensure that you had an excellent experience. I will happily share your feedback with Victor and our associates.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

rooms and entire property are being remodeled at this time the new pool just opened last week and alot of construction going on, they said a major amount oral golf tournment that starts around March 3

Room Tip: wait till remodel is completed they said late 2015
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of Trump National Doral Miami on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is very important to us. Our resort Main Clubhouse will be opening in the next couple of days and will feature new dining options, shops, beautiful ballrooms, and recreational facilities.

I hope you give us an opportunity and visit us again.

Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

We came here for a business meeting. We were notified a week or so earlier that the resort hadn't "quite finished" renovations but assured things would be fine. We arrived to find that is absolutely not true. The resort is in the middle of massive renovations with loud trucks, smoking workers and dirt and dust everywhere. The worst part is the lack of staff, and the utter disorganization. Check in as at the spa, but doormen ignore guests, neglect to direct them properly and have very little knowledge for guests. I elected to take a shuttle to the Trump International Beach Resort for the day. To escape. While waiting for the shuttle I asked the concierge (I assumed so, even though she had no sign at her desk) if there was a restaurant at the Beach Resort where I could have breakfast. She replied, "No. You are only allowed to use the beach.". When I expressed dismay, she said if I was the only one going, it would be OK for me to go to the restaurant. Clearly, she had no idea what she was talking about. Thankfully, I went to the Beach Resort and enjoyed a few hours of peace, and the ocean.. While the Trump Doral may BECOME a nice resort, it is MOT ready for guests

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I sincerely apologize that the overall quality of your stay was disappointing. I regret that we did not provide the level of service expected and apologize for the deficiencies experienced. We have addressed the issues specifically mentioned and taken corrective measures to ensure that they do not happen again. Our resort guests are welcome to enjoy restaurants at Trump International Beach Resort..

I hope you give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Madrid, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

One of the worst stays I have ever had anywhere. The hotel is in deep construction projects and should never have sold the rooms to begin with. No lights in the evening to illuminate the pathways, roadways closed, constant noise, dodging earth moving equipment to get from one part of the resort to another. Very little choice in dining. Before booking, make sure that there is "nothing" going on within the grounds. Took away from what was supposed to be a nice experience. The staff was very nice, but nothing ever came of their "right away, no problem" response.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Vice President and Managing Director

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!