“Exceptional Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Doral
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Exceptional Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Although the property is currently disrupted by the renovation/ construction, the staff is exceptional. They were all helpful, full of pride about the facility, and willing to help in all cases. Most outstanding was Victor Ortiz, who helped us to our room at Lodge 5, provided us with information, and was there to help us at every turn. Our room in Lodge 5 was spacious; we had a small refrigerator, and the internet was reliable for both of our computers.

Room Tip: We were on the corner of the top floor; no AC noise and had a great view of the golf course 18th gre...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
David F, Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are very pleased to hear that Victor went above and beyond to ensure that you had an excellent experience. I will happily share your feedback with Victor and our associates.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

974 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

rooms and entire property are being remodeled at this time the new pool just opened last week and alot of construction going on, they said a major amount oral golf tournment that starts around March 3

Room Tip: wait till remodel is completed they said late 2015
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of Trump National Doral Miami on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is very important to us. Our resort Main Clubhouse will be opening in the next couple of days and will feature new dining options, shops, beautiful ballrooms, and recreational facilities.

I hope you give us an opportunity and visit us again.

Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

We came here for a business meeting. We were notified a week or so earlier that the resort hadn't "quite finished" renovations but assured things would be fine. We arrived to find that is absolutely not true. The resort is in the middle of massive renovations with loud trucks, smoking workers and dirt and dust everywhere. The worst part is the lack of staff, and the utter disorganization. Check in as at the spa, but doormen ignore guests, neglect to direct them properly and have very little knowledge for guests. I elected to take a shuttle to the Trump International Beach Resort for the day. To escape. While waiting for the shuttle I asked the concierge (I assumed so, even though she had no sign at her desk) if there was a restaurant at the Beach Resort where I could have breakfast. She replied, "No. You are only allowed to use the beach.". When I expressed dismay, she said if I was the only one going, it would be OK for me to go to the restaurant. Clearly, she had no idea what she was talking about. Thankfully, I went to the Beach Resort and enjoyed a few hours of peace, and the ocean.. While the Trump Doral may BECOME a nice resort, it is MOT ready for guests

Dear Valued Guest,

I sincerely apologize that the overall quality of your stay was disappointing. I regret that we did not provide the level of service expected and apologize for the deficiencies experienced. We have addressed the issues specifically mentioned and taken corrective measures to ensure that they do not happen again. Our resort guests are welcome to enjoy restaurants at Trump International Beach Resort..

I hope you give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Madrid, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

One of the worst stays I have ever had anywhere. The hotel is in deep construction projects and should never have sold the rooms to begin with. No lights in the evening to illuminate the pathways, roadways closed, constant noise, dodging earth moving equipment to get from one part of the resort to another. Very little choice in dining. Before booking, make sure that there is "nothing" going on within the grounds. Took away from what was supposed to be a nice experience. The staff was very nice, but nothing ever came of their "right away, no problem" response.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I apologize the overall quality of your stay was disappointing. We are in the process of our transformation and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I thank you for taking the time to share your experience, your feedback is very important to us.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

i can't deny that the first night i spent in the hotel was a nightmare... arriving in the evening to a room which was close to the construction at lodge 7 and the worst with an air conditioning that did not work... which was the answer??? Wait until tomorrow to help you!!
I went to the hotel because it was the birthday of my wife and i wanted to make her spend a great weekend which was not happening.
The next day i went to the front desk to let them know my displeasure with the property, as it was not what i expected.
Norma and the chief Frank listened to me and transformed the nightmare that had lived in a wonderful stay.
They upgraded me to a marvelous suite in the spa and had the detail of send me champagne, strawberries with chocolate and a wonderful floral arrangement with a happy birthday balloon.
NORMA, you will not imagine how grateful i am!!
I will always remember what you did today!. Thank you very, very very much. You are tremendous one professional in the work that you do!.
I am sure that when everything is completely finished, the hotel will be spectacular.

Room Tip: Far away construction!!
Dear Valued Guest;

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to hear that our associates went above and beyond to ensure you and your wife had a memorable birthday celebration. It is extremely important to us to have our guests experience a high level of service and that our sincere commitment to quality shows. I have shared your feedback with Norma and Frank and have recognized their efforts.

I look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Regards,
Northampton, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I could have overlooked the chaos of all the construction if not for all the things wrong.
The vents in the room were poorly placed, not only unsightly, but blowing right next to the bed.
The only option for breakfast was a buffet for $30.00 that was not even as good as the ones at a Hampton Inn (which are included with the moderately priced rooms). The only other place to eat was the Pool Bar, which was mediocre at best and way overpriced ($14 for a Bloody Mary that was 1/2 the size you would get elsewhere). Honestly, it's the only place I can recall where the mini-bar is a better deal for food/drink. Around 4pm my friend & I were the only ones out by the pool. We went under a shaded seating area to get out of the sun and were told that those areas were for reserve only and if we wanted to stay we had to pay. REALLY? WHEN THE PLACE WAS EMPTY AND I'M ALREADY A PAYING GUEST OF THE RESORT??
Every time I tried to watch the Olympics in my room, the television crapped out. Aside from all that, there is no decent place to get in a good run.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
David F, Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent visit at Trump National Doral on Trip Advisor. I sincerely apologize that your overall stay was disappointing. We have taken your important feedback into consideration and have addressed this opportunity with our leaders and taken the necessary measures to avoid this from happening in the future.

We hope you visit us again.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We were there for a romantic Valentine weekend. We stayed in a Spa room, the room was spacious and over looking the golf course. Beautiful sunset view. The resort is turning out gorgeous, yes it is under construction but the final outcome is going to be top rated. The new pool area is the crown of the place, we never left the place, the service was phenomenal throughout the whole resort Highly recommend the couples 80 minute Swedish massage, absolutely one of the best we have ever had followed by a nice complimentary glass of champagne. We will definitely come back and bring our children and will definitely share our wonderful experience with friends.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
David F, Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to hear about your romantic Valentines getaway and are honored you gave us the opportunity to celebrate with you. I appreciate you mentioning that the service was phenomenal throughout and I am pleased that your romantic getaway was both memorable and enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Vice President & Managing Director

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!