“Bring your hard hat” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Doral
Madrid, Spain
“Bring your hard hat”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

One of the worst stays I have ever had anywhere. The hotel is in deep construction projects and should never have sold the rooms to begin with. No lights in the evening to illuminate the pathways, roadways closed, constant noise, dodging earth moving equipment to get from one part of the resort to another. Very little choice in dining. Before booking, make sure that there is "nothing" going on within the grounds. Took away from what was supposed to be a nice experience. The staff was very nice, but nothing ever came of their "right away, no problem" response.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
David F, Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I apologize the overall quality of your stay was disappointing. We are in the process of our transformation and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I thank you for taking the time to share your experience, your feedback is very important to us.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Vice President and Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

i can't deny that the first night i spent in the hotel was a nightmare... arriving in the evening to a room which was close to the construction at lodge 7 and the worst with an air conditioning that did not work... which was the answer??? Wait until tomorrow to help you!!
I went to the hotel because it was the birthday of my wife and i wanted to make her spend a great weekend which was not happening.
The next day i went to the front desk to let them know my displeasure with the property, as it was not what i expected.
Norma and the chief Frank listened to me and transformed the nightmare that had lived in a wonderful stay.
They upgraded me to a marvelous suite in the spa and had the detail of send me champagne, strawberries with chocolate and a wonderful floral arrangement with a happy birthday balloon.
NORMA, you will not imagine how grateful i am!!
I will always remember what you did today!. Thank you very, very very much. You are tremendous one professional in the work that you do!.
I am sure that when everything is completely finished, the hotel will be spectacular.

Room Tip: Far away construction!!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest;

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to hear that our associates went above and beyond to ensure you and your wife had a memorable birthday celebration. It is extremely important to us to have our guests experience a high level of service and that our sincere commitment to quality shows. I have shared your feedback with Norma and Frank and have recognized their efforts.

I look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Regards,
Northampton, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I could have overlooked the chaos of all the construction if not for all the things wrong.
The vents in the room were poorly placed, not only unsightly, but blowing right next to the bed.
The only option for breakfast was a buffet for $30.00 that was not even as good as the ones at a Hampton Inn (which are included with the moderately priced rooms). The only other place to eat was the Pool Bar, which was mediocre at best and way overpriced ($14 for a Bloody Mary that was 1/2 the size you would get elsewhere). Honestly, it's the only place I can recall where the mini-bar is a better deal for food/drink. Around 4pm my friend & I were the only ones out by the pool. We went under a shaded seating area to get out of the sun and were told that those areas were for reserve only and if we wanted to stay we had to pay. REALLY? WHEN THE PLACE WAS EMPTY AND I'M ALREADY A PAYING GUEST OF THE RESORT??
Every time I tried to watch the Olympics in my room, the television crapped out. Aside from all that, there is no decent place to get in a good run.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
David F, Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent visit at Trump National Doral on Trip Advisor. I sincerely apologize that your overall stay was disappointing. We have taken your important feedback into consideration and have addressed this opportunity with our leaders and taken the necessary measures to avoid this from happening in the future.

We hope you visit us again.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We were there for a romantic Valentine weekend. We stayed in a Spa room, the room was spacious and over looking the golf course. Beautiful sunset view. The resort is turning out gorgeous, yes it is under construction but the final outcome is going to be top rated. The new pool area is the crown of the place, we never left the place, the service was phenomenal throughout the whole resort Highly recommend the couples 80 minute Swedish massage, absolutely one of the best we have ever had followed by a nice complimentary glass of champagne. We will definitely come back and bring our children and will definitely share our wonderful experience with friends.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
David F, Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to hear about your romantic Valentines getaway and are honored you gave us the opportunity to celebrate with you. I appreciate you mentioning that the service was phenomenal throughout and I am pleased that your romantic getaway was both memorable and enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Vice President & Managing Director
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at the Trump in Doral many times before for business, and as everyone stated, the construction going on can slow down your plans. My fiancé and I stayed here this past weekend and waited a total of 30-40 minutes every morning or evening we decided to leave the property. There were two times the shuttle we requested did not even show up and we ended up walking from our lodge to the spa where valet is which ended up being faster anyways. I can understand the construction is a hassle for everyone and I am positive the issues will be resolved once it is finished. However, it was not until we checked out that I decided to write this review. My fiancé and I are both Hispanic with Hispanic last names, but he does not speak spanish. When we checked out, we were greeted and when the man working at the front desk (Sunday morning at 10 am) learned my fiancé's last name is Rodriguez he immediately started speaking spanish to my fiancé. When the man working discovered he does not speak spanish he became very upset. Why??? I don't know. I don't know why it was any of his business that my fiancé had to explain why he did not learn spanish. Before we turned around to leave, he made sure to tell him to, "learn spanish." I could not believe how absolutely disrespectful and inappropriate that was. We were shocked! It is customary when you stay in an upscale resort such as this, to be treated with level of decency. He did not ask how our stay was, if we were satisfied with the accommodations, etc. His only concern was that my fiancé learn spanish. Needless to say, we will not be back and we are going to notify this incidence to corporate.

• Stayed February 2014
David F, Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I sincerely apologize for the troubles you experienced during your stay. I regret that your trip was not actualized as planned. We take your feedback very seriously and have addressed your experience with our Front Office Managers to ensure that we are reinforcing our service standards of providing courteous and welcoming hospitality. Be assured that this experience will not repeated.

Please accept our sincerest apologies, we hope you give us another opportunity and visit us again.

Vice President & Managing Director
North Olmsted, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

There is so much construction going on that most of the restaurants are closed, and what food was available was terrible. Our breakfast was apx $60 and included runny eggs, day old bagels and a very limited selection. I was never informed of the construction when I booked and they are preparing for the PGA event soon, but there is no excuse for this poor level of service despite the construction. Especially at this price. Our room was old, dated, and somewhat dirty. We also had an issue getting the AC to work and this was never fully corrected. While the golf course was nice (Blue Monster) and the caddies great the overall experience was poor at best. If you feel that you must play at Doral I suggest you wait at least 1 year to see if the service levels improve. Right now the place is, in my opinion, a waste of money.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of Trump National Doral Miami on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is very important to us. We apologize that the condition of your room was unsatisfactory and that our service was unsatisfactory. I have shared your feedback with our leaders to ensure that we are reinforcing our service standards of providing an unparalleled guest experience through courteous and attentive hospitality.

I hope you give us an opportunity and visit us again.

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

When I agreed to meet a friend from out of town who was staying at the hotel, I was looking forward to at least a nice lunch. Well, the only option we had (due to construction) was the pool bar. We had 2 bloody marys each (served in small plastic cups) REALLY IS THIS WHAT THE DONALD DRINKS OUT OF?, she had 3 fish tacos and I had a basic club sandwich. We were presented with a bill for $118.00. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I could have had a better lunch almost anywhere for less than half of the price. You may get Donald prices but you definitely don't get the quality that he promises. My suggestion is to take you money elsewhere/anywhere. With all of the chaos that the property is going through with construction, etc. they should have comped it!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent visit at Trump National Doral on Trip Advisor. I regret to see that your visit was disappointing. We have taken your important feedback into consideration and have addressed this opportunity with our leaders and taken the necessary measure to avoid this from happening in the future.

We hope you visit us again.

Vice President and Managing Director

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!