“Very disappointed” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Doral
Orlando, Florida
“Very disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at the Trump in Doral many times before for business, and as everyone stated, the construction going on can slow down your plans. My fiancé and I stayed here this past weekend and waited a total of 30-40 minutes every morning or evening we decided to leave the property. There were two times the shuttle we requested did not even show up and we ended up walking from our lodge to the spa where valet is which ended up being faster anyways. I can understand the construction is a hassle for everyone and I am positive the issues will be resolved once it is finished. However, it was not until we checked out that I decided to write this review. My fiancé and I are both Hispanic with Hispanic last names, but he does not speak spanish. When we checked out, we were greeted and when the man working at the front desk (Sunday morning at 10 am) learned my fiancé's last name is Rodriguez he immediately started speaking spanish to my fiancé. When the man working discovered he does not speak spanish he became very upset. Why??? I don't know. I don't know why it was any of his business that my fiancé had to explain why he did not learn spanish. Before we turned around to leave, he made sure to tell him to, "learn spanish." I could not believe how absolutely disrespectful and inappropriate that was. We were shocked! It is customary when you stay in an upscale resort such as this, to be treated with level of decency. He did not ask how our stay was, if we were satisfied with the accommodations, etc. His only concern was that my fiancé learn spanish. Needless to say, we will not be back and we are going to notify this incidence to corporate.

• Stayed February 2014
David F, Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I sincerely apologize for the troubles you experienced during your stay. I regret that your trip was not actualized as planned. We take your feedback very seriously and have addressed your experience with our Front Office Managers to ensure that we are reinforcing our service standards of providing courteous and welcoming hospitality. Be assured that this experience will not repeated.

Please accept our sincerest apologies, we hope you give us another opportunity and visit us again.

979 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
North Olmsted, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

There is so much construction going on that most of the restaurants are closed, and what food was available was terrible. Our breakfast was apx $60 and included runny eggs, day old bagels and a very limited selection. I was never informed of the construction when I booked and they are preparing for the PGA event soon, but there is no excuse for this poor level of service despite the construction. Especially at this price. Our room was old, dated, and somewhat dirty. We also had an issue getting the AC to work and this was never fully corrected. While the golf course was nice (Blue Monster) and the caddies great the overall experience was poor at best. If you feel that you must play at Doral I suggest you wait at least 1 year to see if the service levels improve. Right now the place is, in my opinion, a waste of money.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of Trump National Doral Miami on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is very important to us. We apologize that the condition of your room was unsatisfactory and that our service was unsatisfactory. I have shared your feedback with our leaders to ensure that we are reinforcing our service standards of providing an unparalleled guest experience through courteous and attentive hospitality.

I hope you give us an opportunity and visit us again.

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

When I agreed to meet a friend from out of town who was staying at the hotel, I was looking forward to at least a nice lunch. Well, the only option we had (due to construction) was the pool bar. We had 2 bloody marys each (served in small plastic cups) REALLY IS THIS WHAT THE DONALD DRINKS OUT OF?, she had 3 fish tacos and I had a basic club sandwich. We were presented with a bill for $118.00. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I could have had a better lunch almost anywhere for less than half of the price. You may get Donald prices but you definitely don't get the quality that he promises. My suggestion is to take you money elsewhere/anywhere. With all of the chaos that the property is going through with construction, etc. they should have comped it!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent visit at Trump National Doral on Trip Advisor. I regret to see that your visit was disappointing. We have taken your important feedback into consideration and have addressed this opportunity with our leaders and taken the necessary measure to avoid this from happening in the future.

We hope you visit us again.

Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

HUGE TIP: Get a room that is IN THE SPA ITSELF, those are the rooms that are far from the construction. Trump has been at work here! It is looking awesome! The whole place is getting "trumped out" - a whole makeover, facelift... The new pool area is the crown jewel of the whole resort, we never got tired of hanging out there, the food was sooo good at the new cafe poolside. The gym is STATE OF THE ART, the breakfast buffet is so awesome, It is still very much under construction, so lots of work trucks, workers, holes in the ground, muddy tracks through the lawns, unfinished areas on the golf course, huge piles of dirt, worker tents, if I was there for golf I probably wouldn't like it too much...and it's quite noisy during the day - BUT, since we live in Miami, we love the convenience and the luxury right here at home for a quick getaway. I could see how if this were a vacation destination, we would probably be disappointed, but for our quick, romantic getaway, it's PERFECT! Wish the prices were cheaper though, since there is so much construction going on.

Room Tip: Rooms in the spa itself are the farthest from construction
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to hear about your romantic getaway and are honored you gave us the opportunity to celebrate an important moment with you. I agree with you regarding our new Royal Palm Pool, it is spectacular! I am pleased you experienced and enjoyed the Palm Grill poolside restaurant and our fitness facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I heard some of the rooms were renovated nicely. Mine was average, probably not ye renovated. The construction is major so it is quite confusing and disruptive, but the property has potential. The food and service was OK. Pool area is pretty! I imagine it will be nicer once renovated for the PGA.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Trump National Doral Miami on Trip Advisor. I apologize that our renovations hindered your stay. I appreciate your comments on our new Royal Palm Pool, I certainly agree that it is very nice.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments,we look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Far Hills, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Current construction is a mess and makes getting from lodges to main areas completely unacceptable. The rooms are old and outdated. We had to walk through dirt/mud and past 3 other lodges to get from our building to the pick up location for the shuttle service. Absolutely unacceptable!! We were attending a black tie event and I considered myself lucky that it wasn't raining or we would have been soaked. At the end of the event (in the Legends Ballroom) we had to wait nearly 20 min to get the shuttle back to our room. Our entire reason for choosing this hotel was because it was convenient to attend the event being held there. Unless your reason is compelling, I would avoid this hotel- at least until the construction is complete. Perhaps it will be better by then.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Trump National Doral on Trip Advisor. We sincerely apologize for the unacceptable experiences you encountered during your visit due to our renovations. We provide shuttle service for the convenience of our guests and I regret that your experience was less than ideal.

I hope you give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

This hotel in under major construction since Donald Trump purchased the property. I was informed that the property is being prepared for the upcoming PGA and the grounds/decor were in need of major updating.

First impression: After being re-routed a few times upon arrival, we finally made it to the spa entrance, which is being used as the main entrance during renovations. As we checked into our room, I requested that we stay in a newly renovated room or closer to less construction noise. The front desk clerk seemed as if she was willing to help me in the beginning; however another clerk walked over and demanded that they were sold out?! Weird, because I had my reservation for some time as well.

I was ultimately housed in Lodge 5 (the most farthest Lodge from the front - I guess for being a bad girl). During the time of being shuttled to the Lodge (the grounds are much too dangerous to walk in some areas, plus there is a good distance on this 600+ acres property), our driver advised me that we would experience some construction noise in our area - well this was an UNDERSTATEMENT! We heard beeping noises, men speaking just outside our window, and landscape equipment all day & night!

Most restaurants on the property are not open during this time, the main pool area was not open during our stay, and we weren't told that we had to have a 24hr reservation for the private beach until 1 hour before our desire to go?! Our options for a hotel of this class was limited to say the least and the associates try to warn you in the most respectful way. And dare I forget to mention that guests argued over who was going to ride on the shuttle first and how long they had been waiting to get shuttled back to their vehicle. Some guests were even running behind for their flights.

The pros of this property were that some of the common areas that had been renovated were beautiful, such as the outdoor area behind the spa including the pool and bar, the golf course, and some of the lodges.

My husband and I tried to go the extra mile to make our 1st anniversary extremely special, but we were definitely put inside of a box and asked to deal with it! We would have done better staying closer to the beach and paying the same price. Beware!

Room Tip: Only allow rooms in newly renovated Lodges and the farthest away from constructions as possible - th...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!