“Average hotel with construction ongoing” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Signature Golf Package
Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Doral
Boston, Massachusetts
“Average hotel with construction ongoing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I heard some of the rooms were renovated nicely. Mine was average, probably not ye renovated. The construction is major so it is quite confusing and disruptive, but the property has potential. The food and service was OK. Pool area is pretty! I imagine it will be nicer once renovated for the PGA.

• Stayed February 2014
David F, Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Trump National Doral Miami on Trip Advisor. I apologize that our renovations hindered your stay. I appreciate your comments on our new Royal Palm Pool, I certainly agree that it is very nice.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments,we look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Vice President & Managing Director

961 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Far Hills, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Current construction is a mess and makes getting from lodges to main areas completely unacceptable. The rooms are old and outdated. We had to walk through dirt/mud and past 3 other lodges to get from our building to the pick up location for the shuttle service. Absolutely unacceptable!! We were attending a black tie event and I considered myself lucky that it wasn't raining or we would have been soaked. At the end of the event (in the Legends Ballroom) we had to wait nearly 20 min to get the shuttle back to our room. Our entire reason for choosing this hotel was because it was convenient to attend the event being held there. Unless your reason is compelling, I would avoid this hotel- at least until the construction is complete. Perhaps it will be better by then.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Trump National Doral on Trip Advisor. We sincerely apologize for the unacceptable experiences you encountered during your visit due to our renovations. We provide shuttle service for the convenience of our guests and I regret that your experience was less than ideal.

I hope you give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

This hotel in under major construction since Donald Trump purchased the property. I was informed that the property is being prepared for the upcoming PGA and the grounds/decor were in need of major updating.

First impression: After being re-routed a few times upon arrival, we finally made it to the spa entrance, which is being used as the main entrance during renovations. As we checked into our room, I requested that we stay in a newly renovated room or closer to less construction noise. The front desk clerk seemed as if she was willing to help me in the beginning; however another clerk walked over and demanded that they were sold out?! Weird, because I had my reservation for some time as well.

I was ultimately housed in Lodge 5 (the most farthest Lodge from the front - I guess for being a bad girl). During the time of being shuttled to the Lodge (the grounds are much too dangerous to walk in some areas, plus there is a good distance on this 600+ acres property), our driver advised me that we would experience some construction noise in our area - well this was an UNDERSTATEMENT! We heard beeping noises, men speaking just outside our window, and landscape equipment all day & night!

Most restaurants on the property are not open during this time, the main pool area was not open during our stay, and we weren't told that we had to have a 24hr reservation for the private beach until 1 hour before our desire to go?! Our options for a hotel of this class was limited to say the least and the associates try to warn you in the most respectful way. And dare I forget to mention that guests argued over who was going to ride on the shuttle first and how long they had been waiting to get shuttled back to their vehicle. Some guests were even running behind for their flights.

The pros of this property were that some of the common areas that had been renovated were beautiful, such as the outdoor area behind the spa including the pool and bar, the golf course, and some of the lodges.

My husband and I tried to go the extra mile to make our 1st anniversary extremely special, but we were definitely put inside of a box and asked to deal with it! We would have done better staying closer to the beach and paying the same price. Beware!

Room Tip: Only allow rooms in newly renovated Lodges and the farthest away from constructions as possible - th...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

50th Birthday with friends & family. Certain things are understandable with on ground construction. However the attitude of the hotel and service staff was the WORST I have ever encountered at a golf resort. Maybe the worst & overpriced breakfast in history. My first experience at a Trump property will most likely be my last. As Donald would say, "You're Fired!"

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time out to let us know about your stay. I sincerely apologize that your stay was a disappointing one.

I regret to that our associates did not provide the level of service expected from our brand. We take this matter very seriously. I have shared your feedback with our leadership to reinforce our service standards of providing an unparalleled guest experience through courteous and attentive hospitality.

I hope you will give us another opportunity with a return visit to Trump National Doral Miami.

Vice President and Managing
Roswell, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Stayed here twice before [and golfed] when it was Marriott. Oh, for the days of the national chain!!! So, in time order of the stay, I will detail disappointment after expensive disappointment.
Pulled up to valet 10 PM-$27 to park overnight...OK, a little steep but guys were nice and service good. At front desk asked for a discount off the $315 because the guys I was staying with were paying $285. No chance, I was told by the front desk attendant dressed in the strangest light blue outfit I've seen since Deep Space 9. "Upgraded" to a suite.Decor and cleanliness of hallways and public areas terrible-carpets look like every guest had muddy shoes.
Room was big with marble foyer but mismatched, old, cheap furniture evidently bought from Super 8 when shut down. Worms on the carpet [no joke], marble bath with broken fixtures, bugs large and small on desk, bed and furniture.
Breakfast/coffee next morning was a joke-horrible attempt at buffet, coffee muddy and cold-tempted to the run the tab because I couldn't get a server to my table.
Off to golf-felt like I was in Fallujah. Dirt, mud, dust, full on construction and they still charge $225 for the round and $100 for rentals!!!!!!!! What!!!!
Donald, you are screwing the pooch on this one.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of Trump National Doral Miami on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is very important to us.

We apologize that the condition of your room was unsatisfactory. We are in the process of our transformation to deliver the unrivaled luxury experience with our expansive, vastly upgraded rooms and flawless service that The Trump Hotel Collection represents. I have addressed your comments with Housekeeping to ensure we correct those issues.

I hope you give us an opportunity and visit us again.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I made a reservation the two days before my arrival. Within the hour I found out from a different source the hotel was closed for renovation. I called back within the hour and was told I would have to pay for both nights before I was canceling within 48 hours of arrival. I made the loin that I was not informed that my room would be in the SPA and not the hotel. It didn't matter, even when i talked with the Manger. I felt it was a classic bait and switch - got you - play on your part. Never deal with Trump Hotels again.

Room Tip: You cannot count on having a room in the hotel, they could put you is a SPA dorm room, charge you th...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
David F, Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that our renovations were not communicated clearly to you when making a reservation.Our guest rooms are located across 8 Villas through our resort including resort suites located in our Spa building. I apologize the location of your room was less than ideal.

We do hope to welcome you back to Trump National Doral in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

They shutdown the majority of the amenities for remodelling but didn't make any attempt to make up for them. They were way behind schedule. The construction interferred with basic enjoyment of the area. They charge $24 for a Hampton Inn quality breakfast buffet. It was Super Bowl weekend and there was no where to watch the game

Dear Valued Guest,

I apologize the overall quality of your stay was disappointing. We are in the process of our transformation and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I thank you for taking the time to share your experience, your feedback is very important to us.

We sincerely hope that your experience did not entirely tarnish your impression of us and do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, to restore your confidence in our resort and brand.

Vice President and Managing Director

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!