“Over 600 bucks for this?” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Signature Golf Package
Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Doral
Roswell, Georgia
“Over 600 bucks for this?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Stayed here twice before [and golfed] when it was Marriott. Oh, for the days of the national chain!!! So, in time order of the stay, I will detail disappointment after expensive disappointment.
Pulled up to valet 10 PM-$27 to park overnight...OK, a little steep but guys were nice and service good. At front desk asked for a discount off the $315 because the guys I was staying with were paying $285. No chance, I was told by the front desk attendant dressed in the strangest light blue outfit I've seen since Deep Space 9. "Upgraded" to a suite.Decor and cleanliness of hallways and public areas terrible-carpets look like every guest had muddy shoes.
Room was big with marble foyer but mismatched, old, cheap furniture evidently bought from Super 8 when shut down. Worms on the carpet [no joke], marble bath with broken fixtures, bugs large and small on desk, bed and furniture.
Breakfast/coffee next morning was a joke-horrible attempt at buffet, coffee muddy and cold-tempted to the run the tab because I couldn't get a server to my table.
Off to golf-felt like I was in Fallujah. Dirt, mud, dust, full on construction and they still charge $225 for the round and $100 for rentals!!!!!!!! What!!!!
Donald, you are screwing the pooch on this one.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
David F, Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of Trump National Doral Miami on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is very important to us.

We apologize that the condition of your room was unsatisfactory. We are in the process of our transformation to deliver the unrivaled luxury experience with our expansive, vastly upgraded rooms and flawless service that The Trump Hotel Collection represents. I have addressed your comments with Housekeeping to ensure we correct those issues.

I hope you give us an opportunity and visit us again.

958 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I made a reservation the two days before my arrival. Within the hour I found out from a different source the hotel was closed for renovation. I called back within the hour and was told I would have to pay for both nights before I was canceling within 48 hours of arrival. I made the loin that I was not informed that my room would be in the SPA and not the hotel. It didn't matter, even when i talked with the Manger. I felt it was a classic bait and switch - got you - play on your part. Never deal with Trump Hotels again.

Room Tip: You cannot count on having a room in the hotel, they could put you is a SPA dorm room, charge you th...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
David F, Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that our renovations were not communicated clearly to you when making a reservation.Our guest rooms are located across 8 Villas through our resort including resort suites located in our Spa building. I apologize the location of your room was less than ideal.

We do hope to welcome you back to Trump National Doral in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

They shutdown the majority of the amenities for remodelling but didn't make any attempt to make up for them. They were way behind schedule. The construction interferred with basic enjoyment of the area. They charge $24 for a Hampton Inn quality breakfast buffet. It was Super Bowl weekend and there was no where to watch the game

Dear Valued Guest,

I apologize the overall quality of your stay was disappointing. We are in the process of our transformation and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I thank you for taking the time to share your experience, your feedback is very important to us.

We sincerely hope that your experience did not entirely tarnish your impression of us and do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, to restore your confidence in our resort and brand.

Gainesville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I rarely rate hotels poorly. You would think that since the place is under renovation, staff would try to provide excellent service. Reality is, staff seemed to have given up. Hotel should not have been open. Quality of competed renovations seemed poor, not sure this place will ever be acceptable place to stay.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I regret to that we did not provide the level of service expected from our brand. We take this matter very seriously. I have shared your feedback with our leadership to reinforce our service standards of providing an unparalleled guest experience through courteous and attentive hospitality.

I hope you will give us another opportunity with a return visit to Trump National Doral Miami.

Vice President and Managing
Berwyn, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

put in dirty bad motel like room for nearly$300. Water, a trickle, analog tv, dirty linens rugs, wall, etc. Every only two very limited places to eat on property, both close early. Shuttle service virtually non existant. Filthy everywhere due to total construction.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
David F, Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We apologize that the condition of your room, and your overall stay was unsatisfactory. We are undergoing a renovation and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. In the next couple of weeks our Main Clubhouse will be opening which includes additional dining options, retail shops, and recreational facilities. Our new Royal Palm Pool and Palm Grill opened this week.

I hope you give us an opportunity and visit us again.

California, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

The staff did so much to try to be nice and make lemonade, but the hotel management fell incredibly short and really hurt themselves and the brand. A very large number of people were treated poorly by the hotel and the management did not do much to acknowledge their shortcomings. Total bait and switch. Stay away.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I regret to that our management team fell short and did not provide the level of service expected from our brand. We take this matter very seriously. I have shared your feedback with our leadership to reinforce our service standards of providing an unparalleled guest experience through courteous and attentive hospitality.

Vice President and Managing
Chicago Il
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Wow, just spent 3 days in a demolition zone otherwise know as the Trump Doral. I could not believe the state of the resort and they were still allowing people to stay there. There was heavy equipment everywhere tearing up the concrete and digging holes. The taxi driver could not figure out where to drop me off becasue the check in building was under construction, so I ended up walking down a loading dock and puling my bag over to the spa. You could not get close to the building I was staying in due to the massive reconstruction going on around the place. In my room, I pulled out the desk chair and was greeted with a big rip in the seat cushion. Really unbelieveable! If I was not committed to attending a conference being held there, I would have been out of there in a minute. Each morning I had an adventure dodging trucks and picking my way through rocky paths to get to the buiiding with the conference. I expect that this place will be nice when everything gets done, but there is no way they should have people staying there right now.

Vice President and Managing Director

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!