“Doral Golf-Gold Course” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Doral
Ottawa, Canada
“Doral Golf-Gold Course”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Imagine the excitement of playing where the PGA Tour plays (we were well aware of the construction, the extent of it however was all encompassing. No need to use your camera). The excitement dissapeared quickly. Upon arrival the main parking lot was closed and we were redirected to park at The Spa several blocks away. When we asked about a restaurant serving breakfast we were directed to the spa restaurant. The eating area for us was in a smaller room than the spa guests with no staff and the cost would have been $60.00 for two. After settling for toast and coffee we were shuttled off to the proshop where the experience really started to sour. We paid for two green fees and two sets of rental clubs which totalled about $600.00. Then we asked where the range was to warm up and the response was initially comical. We got directions but then were asked how many balls we wanted to hit. Why I asked. Why because after already dropping $600 we had to pay $16.05 for 35 balls!! We have played resort golf all over USA, Canada, Bermuda, Los Cabos and Ireland where you don't rent the balls. Talk about cheap !! We didn't think it could get any worse BUT wait, they saved the best for last. When we were leaving we had to pay $8.00 to get out of the self parking lot! WOW !! As nice as the people were, the condtion of the course, the Blue Monster Pro Shop (where we spent another $400) and the starter we will NEVER EVER return and when I wear my Trump Doral logo shirt, I will tell everyone about the nickel and dime mentality that truly soured what should have a great day.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
David F, Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is important to us.
I regret to see that your overall golf experience was less than ideal. Coincidentally we had conversations this week regarding the issue of charging for our range balls when golfers had a tee time. We have discontinued this practice and effective this week there will be no charge for range balls when playing a round of golf

I appreciate the positive feedback on the overall friendliness of our associates, the condition of the course and the Blue Monster Pro Shop. We look forward to welcoming you in the future.

958 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Terrible. It's pure greed for a hotel owner to allow guests to stay property while that amount of construction was taking place. No break on room rates, no extroidinary service and no sincere attempt to make you feel like you are in a room that your paying over $250/night for. He is all about the show and really needs to be about service and quality.

Room Tip: It's not possbile to get a good room, from what I could tell. I am sure when they finish constr...
Scotts Valley, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Staff were great. The facility sucked! I couldn't believe they were charging 275 for a room that had no functioning heater and only 1 light. No room service menu, tile falling off the walls. floor of the room had change on it when I checked. I guess I should be happy for free 20cents?

Dear Valued Guest,

I sincerely apologize that the overall experience of your stay was disappointing. We currently are in the process of upgrading our resort accommodations, facilities, restaurants, and amenities which will be completed by end of year.

We sincerely hope to welcome you in the future.

Soledad, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Staff was great and courteous! Food pricey. Extensive repairs/remodeling occuring that took away from what could have been a great experience ( especially for the cost charged). There was no heat in the my room (or any room) as the rooms were not built with a heating system, only A/C. Other members attending commented that their rooms were not clean upon arrival and were told they had been just opened after being closed/neglected for up to two months due to the repairs/remodeling occurring. The weather was cold for the area (62 during the day, upper 40's at night). Granted, it is Miami and typically warm/hot and humid much of the year but for those relatively cold days that do occur, heat in the rooms would have helped make my stay more enjoyable.

Room Tip: Verify all rooms are clean and facility is not under substantial repair. This facility has the pote...
Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at the resort. I am pleased you felt that our associates were courteous. South Florida is normally graced with beautiful warm sunny weather, however every now and then we do experience unusual weather conditions causing lower than normal temperatures. Your issue in regards to the a/c and heat is valid and I want to make you aware that when completed all our renovated rooms will have adequate A/C and heat. We did reach out to the members of your meeting and provided extra blankets for additional warmth and comfort.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in the future.

Olathe
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

We just completed our National Board of Directors meetings. We were promised the construction would be completed. Trump Doral is months if not years away from completion. We had board members stay in mold infested rooms. There is construction everywhere you look. When asked about the situation the Trump Management did not care. I would recommend anyone to stay there for at least a year and then I will Never return.

Room Tip: Do not go!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Tiny room, ripped chair, mold at the bathtub, burnt out light bulbs and no heat. Nowhere worth the money. Stayed across the street at Mariott Vacation Villas for $50/night more and was thoroughly impressed.

Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the negative experience you had during your stay. I apologize that the overall quality of your room was so disappointing. I assure you that I have addressed your comments with our Housekeeping and Engineering department to take corrective measures. We are in the process of our transformation to deliver the unrivaled luxury experience with our expansive, vastly upgraded rooms and flawless service that The Trump Hotel Collection represents.

We hope you give us other opportunity in the near future for you to experience our new accommodations.

Saint Michael, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

My first time at a Trump hotel, and the opportunity to stay at Doral had me excited... But that was quickly tempered by this facility still undergoing massive construction! Construction starts before 7 AM and they have undertaken a tremendous amount of projects throughout the property. My only complaint about the room was that the handle to the bathroom came off and had my wife not been traveling with me I would have been stuck!

Several of my colleagues who were also staying on-site were in buildings that did not have heat!

Much of the service is great and the staff is friendly, but if you are looking for breakfast options other than room service you are out of luck... my wife and I decided to extend our stay beyond my business meeting so we sought out breakfast. The only place that was open was in the Spa, and we were directed to a small room. We were not greeted or even spoken to. We had toast, some fruit and dry eggs and then we had someone stop by our table to give us a bill for $60!! Seriously?

I'm sure once everything is done this place will be nice, but buyer beware right now because it is definitely a work in disarray.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is very important to us.
Our resort is undergoing major renovations and my apologies for the inconveniences experienced. I thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay and the overall friendliness of our associates.

I hope you give us an opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Vice President and Managing Director

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!