“Trump should be embarrassed” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Linger Longer
Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Doral
New York City, New York
“Trump should be embarrassed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I am sure the hotel manager will respond to this with his standard "we are under construction" statement, but there is no amount of construction that will change the fact that planes fly low overhead to land at MIA every 5 minutes until late in the night. The distance from rooms to any of the hotel services requires either a long (hot, Florida) walk or waiting for a crowded shuttle bus. And did I mention the sand fleas that get on everything? The room may look clean, but it is not.

Was here for a conference, and I have already let the organizer know that I will not return next year if at the same venue.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay. I am sorry to hear about your negative experience regarding air traffic noise. We recognize that we are at close proximity to the airport, most of guests once here indulge in our beautiful 800 acre landscape oasis and golf courses. In regards to the shuttle, we have continuous service throughout the resort to accommodate our guests, my apologies that your experience was less than ideal.
Should you wish to discuss your experience more personally, please contact me directly.

Managing Director

1,008 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We went for a golf weekend only to learn there was only one course open. There where no restaurant open except the spa - sorry wanted a glass of wine with lunch. We had to let for dinner. The room was dated but clean.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for commenting on the cleanliness of your room. Our rooms are in the process of being transformed to a new design which includes new décor, furnishings and amenities.
The complete redesign of the Blue Monster will be completed in the next couple of months.
We currently have the legendary Great White, Gold and our Jim Mclean Signature courses open, my apologies that only one of the courses was available for you to play during your stay in July.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to stay at our resort, experience our other Championship golf courses, and challenge your skills on the Blue Monster.

George Town, Grand Cayman
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Wait is all I can say. Way to Noisy, not even close to resort material. It's hard to believe they charged full price for this dusty experience. If I would of known that it was going to be this bad, I would of booked next door. If Donald had a Heart, he would send us a Rebate Check!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback during your stay with us. I apologize that our current renovations affected your overall experience with us. Our resort is being transformed through a series of enhancements which include new décor, furnishings, landscaping, and vastly upgraded recreational facilities, amenities and dining options.

I would be grateful if you could allow us the opportunity of welcoming you once again in the future.

Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I travel for sports with my daughter quite a bit - 10-15 weekends per year - and thought I had found a quality facility to stay at this past weekend. However, as others have written, this hotel is undergoing major renovations ($200-Million) and still considers itself worthy of the "resort" label. Apparently this entitles them to a $20/night surcharge for absolutely nothing, and another $18/night for self-parking.

We left the "resort" each day at 7-8AM and returned after 7-PM so we didn't avail ourselves of any resort amenities so the additional $20 fee is a mystery. Even if we had partaken of something, there were additional fees attached to anything, so what exactly was the $20 for? Oh yeah... gratuitous up-charge, because they can.

The parking was horrendous. The self-parking wasn't self at all. They won't allow you to park your own car, and even if you could, it is 1/2 mile away. It does take 20-minutes to be shuttled to your vehicle, so don't expect to go anywhere in a hurry. Strangely, valet parking only meant they would bring the car to the front of the hotel, so it still takes 20-minutes, and you get to pay even more!

I have stayed at some fine resorts, and many high-line hotels, but this didn't reach that level at all. Maybe once the renovations are done, the Trump personnel will fix the rest of it, but until then, don't risk it. Whatever price you get will still be $40/night more in padded fees, and I wouldn't want to pay $50/night total for the experience I had.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations. Trump National Doral is located on over 800 acres composed of accommodations, event space, recreational facilities, Spa and golf courses. Our resort shuttle has been arranged for our guest’s convenience, my apologies if your experience was less than ideal.

I hope to regain your confidence in our commitment to quality and service and welcome you back to Trump National Doral in the future.

Merrillville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Minimal food service and the only bar open was not air conditioned! Meeting location was through a fire exit and had no signage when we tried to find it. Will be nice when they finish but they basically are telling guest that visit now - live with it! No more Trump properties for me!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay. I sincerely apologize that your overall stay did not meet the expectations of the brand. We are currently transforming every aspect of our Resort through a series of enhancements to our rooms, restaurants and recreational facilities.

I hope to regain your confidence and welcome you back to Trump National Doral to experience the results of our amazing transformation.

Safety Harbor, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Start with rude staff, overpriced parking ( $18.00 for self parking in an open lot ) more rude staff., Poorly decorated threadbare rooms. Construction noises starting at 7 AM. A half hour wait for a bellman (another rude staff member) because you are 1/2 a mile from your over-priced parking. Mr Trump, as an Inn-Keeper, you're fired!

Room Tip: Go to any other hotel in the area to find a good room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to share your experience. I am disappointed to hear about your recent experience during your stay. It is our utmost commitment to ensure that our associates are providing exceptional service.

We are currently transforming every aspect of our Resort through a series of enhancements, which include new decor, furnishings, landscaping, and vastly upgraded recreational facilities, amenities and dining options. I apologize that any aspect of this hindered your overall experience with us.

I hope to regain your confidence and welcome you back to Trump National Doral, to allow you to see that we have a team of service professionals which take your unfortunate experience to heart, and have sincere desire to regain your faith in our commitment to quality.

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

My stay was for business in April 2013. Although they had started major construction, the resort has beautiful grounds. The staff were very accommodating, pleasant and helpful.

My room was huge with a tropical feel balcony overseeing the sunrise every morning.

The golf course and landscaping was remarkable.

I would go back again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I am pleased to hear you found our staff to be accommodating and helpful. Our associates are eager and happy to assist our guest. I agree with you regarding our beautiful grounds. Our golf courses, fountains, and lush landscaping enhance our South Florida destination.

We hope to welcome you back to our Resort, to witness all the new enhancements that are taking place as we return our resort to grandeur.

George Sotelo

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!