“As tastefully done as the Donald's hair” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Advanced Purchase 20% Off
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Doral
Safety Harbor, Florida
“As tastefully done as the Donald's hair”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Start with rude staff, overpriced parking ( $18.00 for self parking in an open lot ) more rude staff., Poorly decorated threadbare rooms. Construction noises starting at 7 AM. A half hour wait for a bellman (another rude staff member) because you are 1/2 a mile from your over-priced parking. Mr Trump, as an Inn-Keeper, you're fired!

Room Tip: Go to any other hotel in the area to find a good room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to share your experience. I am disappointed to hear about your recent experience during your stay. It is our utmost commitment to ensure that our associates are providing exceptional service.

We are currently transforming every aspect of our Resort through a series of enhancements, which include new decor, furnishings, landscaping, and vastly upgraded recreational facilities, amenities and dining options. I apologize that any aspect of this hindered your overall experience with us.

I hope to regain your confidence and welcome you back to Trump National Doral, to allow you to see that we have a team of service professionals which take your unfortunate experience to heart, and have sincere desire to regain your faith in our commitment to quality.

George Sotelo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

My stay was for business in April 2013. Although they had started major construction, the resort has beautiful grounds. The staff were very accommodating, pleasant and helpful.

My room was huge with a tropical feel balcony overseeing the sunrise every morning.

The golf course and landscaping was remarkable.

I would go back again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I am pleased to hear you found our staff to be accommodating and helpful. Our associates are eager and happy to assist our guest. I agree with you regarding our beautiful grounds. Our golf courses, fountains, and lush landscaping enhance our South Florida destination.

We hope to welcome you back to our Resort, to witness all the new enhancements that are taking place as we return our resort to grandeur.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I am here now and this hotel should be condemned. When I checkecd in I was told my room had no adjoining room and it does. The safe in my room is broken and took over an hour to repair, there are broken wooden blinds in my windows, my clock didn't work because the wires were stripped bare, there is no soap in the bathroom. I was told I could move tomorrow but should have been offered an upgrade or something tonight not tomorrow. As others reported there is only a pool bar to get a sandwich. All the restaurants are shut down. I am here as a speaker for a large convention and they should have never booked it here. Cancel your reservation now and go to the Marriott across the street. The staff is very nice but they have nothing to work with here.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest;

My apologies that your stay was unsatisfactory. I have shared your feedback with our Housekeeping leaders to ensure that the things you specifically mentioned are never to be missed again. Our Resort Clubhouse which includes some of our dining venues is undergoing a comprehensive makeover as we transform into the new Trump National Doral. We will soon unveil new recreational facilities and restaurants.

We sincerely apologize that any aspect of our renovation hindered your stay. I hope to regain your confidence and welcome you back to our Resort. Should you wish to discuss your experience more personally, please contact me directly.

Miami, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

ok, you are going to read some negative reviews right now because Trump just bought this resort and there are major construction projects going on - some of the golf course is closed, a few of the resort buildings are closed, the sounds of heavy machinery can be heard at times by the pool - BUT, this is probably the one time that you will be able to stay at this luxury resort for a third of the price! We stayed in the spa (which I recommend because it is the furthest away from the construction) - the room was basically HUGE, a suite. Spa services were all amazing and priced way below the norm - if you get a spa treatment you can use the spa ALL DAY, including whirlpools, snacks and drinks, pools, and saunas; a full buffet breakfast was included for $30 more per night and it was AWESOME. The outdoor pool was crowded and not in the best shape... but the indoor pool at the spa and the outdoor lap pool were tranquil and very well maintained. We hope to go back for another little get away before the construction ends, cuz we know the cost is going to spike right up after it's done. If you buy several "packages" through their website, make sure that you look at your receipt on check out day - they tend to double charge and/or charge seperately for things that should be cheaper in a package deal. They fix it quick, but you gotta catch it.

Room Tip: Undergoing major construction so expect noise but great prices. Check out their website for package...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent experience at Trump National Doral. I am delighted to hear that you pampered yourself at our Spa and took advantage of the great wellness facilities it has to offer such as the multiple pools, and saunas. Our award winning spa features 33 treatment rooms and over 100 signature spa services available daily.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our Resort and Spa, and to experience all the new upcoming recreational facilities and dining options.

Medellin, Colombia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I knew what this place was like, I read the reviews before I used Priceline for the first time. In trying to avoid this place, I bid outside of the area and asked for a 2 star hotel. What I received was a 1 star hotel masquerading as a 4 star hotel. Priceline must be in on the scam with this place. Had to park 1/2 mile from my room. NO MINIBAR in the room, no vending machines or ice machine in building 8. Spotty internet. I live in the jungles of South America and our hotel rooms have a mini-bar.

$20 resort fee per day and $18 a day for parking. Before Mr [--] starts with the $200 million renovation, I think he should understand a little about running a hotel and having a mini-bar. I've stayed in just about every hotel in this area, you'll be much better off at the Holiday Inn Express or Extended Stay America.

I knew what it was though, Priceline must be collecting some high fees for sentencing people to this place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Cincinnati
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have stayed here every year for ten years & this year they are under construction and really should not even be open. There is construction everywhere & the only place to eat or have a drink is the spa. It looks worse then a pool's snack shack & is currently closed due to no electricity. There is no other place at all to eat or drink. Extremely disappointed that they would even be open. Everyone working here is great & very helpful but their hands are tied. They are very respectful & you can tell they all feel bad. When it is finished it will be great but avoid like the plague until then

Stayed October 2013
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for sharing the feedback of your recent stay with us. I appreciate you acknowledging our helpful and respectful associates. They take great pride in ensuring that our guests have a wonderful experience during their stay. I apologize that our current renovations affected your overall experience with us. Over the coming months our Resort is being transformed through a series of enhancements and we will soon unveil amazing recreational facilities and restaurants. I would be grateful if you could allow us the opportunity of welcoming you once again in the future.

Managing Director
Burlington, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I came here for a conference in October. It was a little overwhelming at first, after check-in they had a shuttle take me to my lodge, which was quite a distance away. I didn't like the fact that I couldn't just walk to my room and back. The hotel check-in process was speedy and very professional, which I appreciated.

That first night, however, an incident happened that ruined my whole experience at this place. I had gone out to pick up some dinner and brought it back to my room, like I do at most hotels that I'm in when I travel. After eating, I dropped a pen on the floor and bent down to pick it up. I then came face to face with the biggest roach I've ever seen indoors. It's very important that I differentiate: this is an American Cockroach, not the German Cockroach, so they aren't the same nasty infestation bugs that people think of in big cities - nonetheless, it was repulsive, huge, and freaked me out. They said it probably happened because I had brought food into the room (how would I have known not to do this??).

The hotel did a good job managing this situation - after I called the front desk, they sent a bellman over to remove it, and moved me up to the third floor. The bellman was a little too casual with it for my liking (he stomped on it and then kicked it out of the room). Obviously he has dealt with this before.

I have spoken with several people about this, and from what I understand this sometimes "just happens" in Florida but I haven't really had any incidents like this before in any of the places I've stayed in Florida. From then on, I spent 3 nights sleeping with the tub and sink drains stopped up and left a light on overnight, meaning I didn't sleep really well. To be fair, I saw absolutely nothing on the third floor, but the first floor incident and the mere suggestion that another one could be in the building was enough to leave me very uncomfortable in this hotel.

The manager called me to make sure I was ok, which I appreciated. However, unless he was going to sit in my room and watch for roaches while I slept, nothing was really going to make me comfortable again. Being from New Jersey, I've never seen anything like this before and it was definitely the stuff of nightmares!

There were other issues regarding this hotel. It's under massive construction, which I can handle, but it does mean there are limited services available. It's expected to be complete in February 2014, so until then it's not the greatest view of the property. One night the wifi decided to argue with all of my devices, and I couldn't get online for the whole evening. Many other conference attendees were really frustrated about this. I also couldn't stand the fact that I was so far away from the parking lot. I did start walking around the property more, as I hate calling for a "shuttle" (bellman in a golf cart) to transport me around like I'm some kind of royal or something. It felt like it limited my freedom a bit, and I don't like that feeling. The TV connection also was grainy and full of static.

One thing I must commend this resort on is their customer service. The employees were very friendly, professional, and incredibly helpful. They answer the phone quickly and seem to be very interested in helping you out. The callback from the manager after the roach incident was appreciated. I think they have a great staff, but they are dealing with a lot of things that are simply outside of the employees' control and they're doing the best with what they have. Also, I think the bed was really comfortable. I just wish I was able to sleep peacefully with the lights off. The air conditioning worked like a charm and the room design was very nice. The property was incredibly beautiful (outside of the half of it that's under construction) and if I liked golf at all I probably would have really enjoyed this place.

As far as a hotel/resort is concerned, however, I wouldn't recommend this experience to anyone who isn't used to dealing with roaches (especially those that are about 1.5 inches or more in size). I doubt I would be back to this place, unfortunately.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us this month. I appreciate your review regarding our customer service; our associates are genuinely enthusiastic to assist our guests and ensuring that our visitors have a great stay.

I'd like to personally apologize for the discomfort you encountered in your room. It should be your own private sanctuary and not a source of stress. There is no reason as to why you should have found a bug in your room, and I assure you that we do not have a pest issue in our Resort and that this incident was taken care of. We have regular pest control maintenance to proactively assist in insects being repelled. In regards to the shuttle, my apologies that your experience was less than ideal.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Resort to regain your confidence in us.

Managing Director

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!