“Great prices because under major construction - AWESOME SPA!!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Signature Golf Package
Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in Doral
Miami, Florida, United States
“Great prices because under major construction - AWESOME SPA!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

ok, you are going to read some negative reviews right now because Trump just bought this resort and there are major construction projects going on - some of the golf course is closed, a few of the resort buildings are closed, the sounds of heavy machinery can be heard at times by the pool - BUT, this is probably the one time that you will be able to stay at this luxury resort for a third of the price! We stayed in the spa (which I recommend because it is the furthest away from the construction) - the room was basically HUGE, a suite. Spa services were all amazing and priced way below the norm - if you get a spa treatment you can use the spa ALL DAY, including whirlpools, snacks and drinks, pools, and saunas; a full buffet breakfast was included for $30 more per night and it was AWESOME. The outdoor pool was crowded and not in the best shape... but the indoor pool at the spa and the outdoor lap pool were tranquil and very well maintained. We hope to go back for another little get away before the construction ends, cuz we know the cost is going to spike right up after it's done. If you buy several "packages" through their website, make sure that you look at your receipt on check out day - they tend to double charge and/or charge seperately for things that should be cheaper in a package deal. They fix it quick, but you gotta catch it.

Room Tip: Undergoing major construction so expect noise but great prices. Check out their website for package...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent experience at Trump National Doral. I am delighted to hear that you pampered yourself at our Spa and took advantage of the great wellness facilities it has to offer such as the multiple pools, and saunas. Our award winning spa features 33 treatment rooms and over 100 signature spa services available daily.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our Resort and Spa, and to experience all the new upcoming recreational facilities and dining options.

889 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Medellin, Colombia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I knew what this place was like, I read the reviews before I used Priceline for the first time. In trying to avoid this place, I bid outside of the area and asked for a 2 star hotel. What I received was a 1 star hotel masquerading as a 4 star hotel. Priceline must be in on the scam with this place. Had to park 1/2 mile from my room. NO MINIBAR in the room, no vending machines or ice machine in building 8. Spotty internet. I live in the jungles of South America and our hotel rooms have a mini-bar.

$20 resort fee per day and $18 a day for parking. Before Mr [--] starts with the $200 million renovation, I think he should understand a little about running a hotel and having a mini-bar. I've stayed in just about every hotel in this area, you'll be much better off at the Holiday Inn Express or Extended Stay America.

I knew what it was though, Priceline must be collecting some high fees for sentencing people to this place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Cincinnati
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have stayed here every year for ten years & this year they are under construction and really should not even be open. There is construction everywhere & the only place to eat or have a drink is the spa. It looks worse then a pool's snack shack & is currently closed due to no electricity. There is no other place at all to eat or drink. Extremely disappointed that they would even be open. Everyone working here is great & very helpful but their hands are tied. They are very respectful & you can tell they all feel bad. When it is finished it will be great but avoid like the plague until then

Stayed October 2013
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for sharing the feedback of your recent stay with us. I appreciate you acknowledging our helpful and respectful associates. They take great pride in ensuring that our guests have a wonderful experience during their stay. I apologize that our current renovations affected your overall experience with us. Over the coming months our Resort is being transformed through a series of enhancements and we will soon unveil amazing recreational facilities and restaurants. I would be grateful if you could allow us the opportunity of welcoming you once again in the future.

Burlington, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I came here for a conference in October. It was a little overwhelming at first, after check-in they had a shuttle take me to my lodge, which was quite a distance away. I didn't like the fact that I couldn't just walk to my room and back. The hotel check-in process was speedy and very professional, which I appreciated.

That first night, however, an incident happened that ruined my whole experience at this place. I had gone out to pick up some dinner and brought it back to my room, like I do at most hotels that I'm in when I travel. After eating, I dropped a pen on the floor and bent down to pick it up. I then came face to face with the biggest roach I've ever seen indoors. It's very important that I differentiate: this is an American Cockroach, not the German Cockroach, so they aren't the same nasty infestation bugs that people think of in big cities - nonetheless, it was repulsive, huge, and freaked me out. They said it probably happened because I had brought food into the room (how would I have known not to do this??).

The hotel did a good job managing this situation - after I called the front desk, they sent a bellman over to remove it, and moved me up to the third floor. The bellman was a little too casual with it for my liking (he stomped on it and then kicked it out of the room). Obviously he has dealt with this before.

I have spoken with several people about this, and from what I understand this sometimes "just happens" in Florida but I haven't really had any incidents like this before in any of the places I've stayed in Florida. From then on, I spent 3 nights sleeping with the tub and sink drains stopped up and left a light on overnight, meaning I didn't sleep really well. To be fair, I saw absolutely nothing on the third floor, but the first floor incident and the mere suggestion that another one could be in the building was enough to leave me very uncomfortable in this hotel.

The manager called me to make sure I was ok, which I appreciated. However, unless he was going to sit in my room and watch for roaches while I slept, nothing was really going to make me comfortable again. Being from New Jersey, I've never seen anything like this before and it was definitely the stuff of nightmares!

There were other issues regarding this hotel. It's under massive construction, which I can handle, but it does mean there are limited services available. It's expected to be complete in February 2014, so until then it's not the greatest view of the property. One night the wifi decided to argue with all of my devices, and I couldn't get online for the whole evening. Many other conference attendees were really frustrated about this. I also couldn't stand the fact that I was so far away from the parking lot. I did start walking around the property more, as I hate calling for a "shuttle" (bellman in a golf cart) to transport me around like I'm some kind of royal or something. It felt like it limited my freedom a bit, and I don't like that feeling. The TV connection also was grainy and full of static.

One thing I must commend this resort on is their customer service. The employees were very friendly, professional, and incredibly helpful. They answer the phone quickly and seem to be very interested in helping you out. The callback from the manager after the roach incident was appreciated. I think they have a great staff, but they are dealing with a lot of things that are simply outside of the employees' control and they're doing the best with what they have. Also, I think the bed was really comfortable. I just wish I was able to sleep peacefully with the lights off. The air conditioning worked like a charm and the room design was very nice. The property was incredibly beautiful (outside of the half of it that's under construction) and if I liked golf at all I probably would have really enjoyed this place.

As far as a hotel/resort is concerned, however, I wouldn't recommend this experience to anyone who isn't used to dealing with roaches (especially those that are about 1.5 inches or more in size). I doubt I would be back to this place, unfortunately.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us this month. I appreciate your review regarding our customer service; our associates are genuinely enthusiastic to assist our guests and ensuring that our visitors have a great stay.

I'd like to personally apologize for the discomfort you encountered in your room. It should be your own private sanctuary and not a source of stress. There is no reason as to why you should have found a bug in your room, and I assure you that we do not have a pest issue in our Resort and that this incident was taken care of. We have regular pest control maintenance to proactively assist in insects being repelled. In regards to the shuttle, my apologies that your experience was less than ideal.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Resort to regain your confidence in us.

Budapest, Hungary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We spend ten days here in Sept and October, playing golf. The golf package and the golf service were excellent, the hotel is Ok, except the breakfast which was terrible, the worst I have ever had in a hotel....very unhealthy and poor, the only choise was white bread, eggs and bacon, no cheese, no ham, no vegetables, no tomatoes or full corn bread, nothing only unhealthy bacon and very poor quality coffe. No cappuccino or latte machiato or green tea. Being there on the wonderful golf courses was excellent but we missed the healthy food and the quality coffe very very much...

Room Tip: We had an excellent room at the front in building 4 with an amezing view to the Blue Monster golf co...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you again for taking the time to review you stay with us. I am pleased to hear about your great experience while enjoying our wonderful golf courses. Our golf associates are enthusiastic about the sport, they take pride and enjoy assisting our guests and ensuring that they have the best experience.
I am sorry to hear about your disappointment during breakfast. I have shared your feedback with our Food & Beverage leaders to improve our current available options.

I look forward to welcoming you back, not only to enjoy our golf courses but to visit our upcoming enhanced recreational facilities and restaurants.

Sincerely;

Highland Village, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Staying here for a conference - absolutely limited to NO service or amenities available. No room service after 11 AM and NO food available - ANYWHERE ON THE RESORT - after 9 p.m. Just a ridiculous bunch of inconveniences that would not be expected at a Trump resort. The conference attendees represent a large portion of Fortune 100 companies and all feel the same - what a terrible impression to leave with what could have been future guests. And, really? Port-a-potties are all that's available on a Doral golf course?!?

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to provide honest feedback from your recent stay here. I sincerely apologize that your overall stay did not meet the expectations of the brand. We are currently transforming every aspect of our Resort through a series of enhancements to our rooms, restaurants and recreational facilities. I hope to welcome you back in the future to regain your confidence in us.

Sincerely;

Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was here for a conference in September. When the conference was booked a few years ago, there is no way anyone could have known that the hotel would be undergoing a major renovation at the actual time of the conference. The conference facilities were unaffected though, and the conference facilities are fine, the food and service were also good in the conference area, thankfully.

Having said that, though, there is almost nothing else to recommend the hotel until renovations are complete. There is only one restaurant serving lunch and dinner (outside only by the spa pool). Breakfast is being served at ridiculously high prices in a ridiculously small room where some people were forced to eat their breakfast sitting on a couch. Only one pool is open and it is quite small and not in a particularly good state of repair. Two of the golf courses were closed for repairs. I was a bit suprised by the condition of the resort--it had really fallen on hard times apparently and desperately needed renovation--so I completely understand them doing it--I just wished I could have stayed somewhere else.

The staff try really hard in difficult circumtances. I found the employees at the front desk/bell stand very attentive and friendly and another person that stood out was the guy in brand-new fitness center (this has been completed and is quite nice), who helped explain to me how the power plate worked. I have no doubt this will be a great place once renovations are complete.

The location is close to the airport, but about 30 minutes away from the beach, so it is best to have a car if you want to get around the area easily. For an alternative to sitting outside by the pool for dinner (and it rains a lot in Miami in September), the Carolina Ale House is within walking distance, and also seems to be a local hotspot.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in September while on a conference in our Resort. I am pleased to hear that our Associates were attentive and friendly, and that you were able to visit and enjoy our brand new state of the art fitness center. In regards to our enhancements, my apologies if they hindered your overall experience with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to our Resort whether on business or pleasure to experience our vastly upgraded facilities and amenities that in the months to come will transform our Resort.

Managing Director

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!