“Construction, Construction, Construction.....” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Doral
Highland Village, Texas, United States
“Construction, Construction, Construction.....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Staying here for a conference - absolutely limited to NO service or amenities available. No room service after 11 AM and NO food available - ANYWHERE ON THE RESORT - after 9 p.m. Just a ridiculous bunch of inconveniences that would not be expected at a Trump resort. The conference attendees represent a large portion of Fortune 100 companies and all feel the same - what a terrible impression to leave with what could have been future guests. And, really? Port-a-potties are all that's available on a Doral golf course?!?

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to provide honest feedback from your recent stay here. I sincerely apologize that your overall stay did not meet the expectations of the brand. We are currently transforming every aspect of our Resort through a series of enhancements to our rooms, restaurants and recreational facilities. I hope to welcome you back in the future to regain your confidence in us.

Sincerely;

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was here for a conference in September. When the conference was booked a few years ago, there is no way anyone could have known that the hotel would be undergoing a major renovation at the actual time of the conference. The conference facilities were unaffected though, and the conference facilities are fine, the food and service were also good in the conference area, thankfully.

Having said that, though, there is almost nothing else to recommend the hotel until renovations are complete. There is only one restaurant serving lunch and dinner (outside only by the spa pool). Breakfast is being served at ridiculously high prices in a ridiculously small room where some people were forced to eat their breakfast sitting on a couch. Only one pool is open and it is quite small and not in a particularly good state of repair. Two of the golf courses were closed for repairs. I was a bit suprised by the condition of the resort--it had really fallen on hard times apparently and desperately needed renovation--so I completely understand them doing it--I just wished I could have stayed somewhere else.

The staff try really hard in difficult circumtances. I found the employees at the front desk/bell stand very attentive and friendly and another person that stood out was the guy in brand-new fitness center (this has been completed and is quite nice), who helped explain to me how the power plate worked. I have no doubt this will be a great place once renovations are complete.

The location is close to the airport, but about 30 minutes away from the beach, so it is best to have a car if you want to get around the area easily. For an alternative to sitting outside by the pool for dinner (and it rains a lot in Miami in September), the Carolina Ale House is within walking distance, and also seems to be a local hotspot.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in September while on a conference in our Resort. I am pleased to hear that our Associates were attentive and friendly, and that you were able to visit and enjoy our brand new state of the art fitness center. In regards to our enhancements, my apologies if they hindered your overall experience with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to our Resort whether on business or pleasure to experience our vastly upgraded facilities and amenities that in the months to come will transform our Resort.

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Booked in to this hotel 'greeted' (that is a generous term) by rather bored and non-interested reception, was given a room that was not what we had booked, no offer to help with bags, no information on how to get to the room or access parking, when returned to enquire about the room they had known that we were not given the correct room as had overbooked, assume they hoped we would not notice. We were offered a restaurant credit for the inconvenience by the duty manager, but were annoyed that they had not acknowledged this upfront. Had a few questions and asked these of the 3 girls positioned around reception but they did not seem to have any knowledge of the resort or golf options etc, (they talked to each other for awhile then to another attendant then finally came back to me to say they did not know how I could book a gym class). Not sure what their purpose was if they were not knowledgeable about the resort they represented. Found the majority of staff to be vague and lacking customer service skills, (exception was a few of the golf attendants) perhaps they were all new as Trump had recently taken over the resort. Booked a spa and again the staff there were not receptive- handed me a menu and could not expand on any of the treatments.
Having said all that, the room itself was lovely, very generous in size, but looked onto the road and hotel was undergoing construction so parking was a pain. Golf courses are great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. I would like to personally apologize for the lapses in service during your stay with us. We want our guests to be greeted with attentive service and genuine hospitality upon arrival, and I am sorry you did not experience that. Our guest satisfaction is very important to us, as our Manager on Duty intended to correct by offering a restaurant credit.

We take our guests feedback seriously and have addressed with our staff your experience; I assure you our associates take great pride and responsibility in the service we provide.
I hope to regain your confidence and welcome you back to visit our enhanced Golf Courses in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I spent one night at Trump National and had a pleasing stay. It took the cab driver three attempts to get to the correct entrance but we finally made it to the spa entrance and I was shuttled to my room. I believe once construction is completed the resort will be where it should be. The rooms are quite elegant but there was no shower cap which is a necessity for me. The staff were efficient and assured that by the time I checked out the cab was already waiting.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest;

I am glad to hear about your pleasant stay with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review. I agree with you that we have spacious and elegant rooms and happy to hear that our associates were efficient in ensuring that there was a cab already waiting for you at the time of your departure.

I apologize for the inconvenience of not finding a shower cap in your bathroom upon arrival; I have communicated this with our Housekeeping Leaders to ensure that we this available in your room for your next visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our Resort whether on business or pleasure.

Abbeville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Yes, the facility was difficult due to "enhancements." I stayed here because of the location and the price ($74+/night in October). The rooms were average. I found that I'm not a "resort" kind of a girl...didn't like having to give my name to drive onto the property or be driven to and from my lodge in a golf cart. Walking would have been possible. There is a charge to park: but again, I assume part of the resort thing that I'm not used to. Because of the "enhancements" my daughter was not able to hit at the driving range and consequently they comped me my resort fee. Kudos to them for this. I probably won't stay here again because once it's finished I figure it will only further rub me the wrong way with the resort stuff. Even though I enjoy travel and don't do it on the cheap, I guess I'm an anti-snob. :-(

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay. I apologize for the inconvenience of our Driving Range closure due to enhancements, the resort proudly boasts three other championship golf courses which inspire and reward players of every ability. The legendary Great White Course, designed by golf legend Greg Norman. Our guests can also challenge their golf skills on our Jim McLean Signature and Championship Gold Course, all open for play. While I can understand that Resort amenities might not fit everyone’s lifestyle, we thank you for staying with us this time around.

Trump Hotel Collection has other locations in New York, Chicago, Las Vegas, Panama, Toronto, Waikiki, with two new opening in Washington, D.C and Vancouver. No two hotels are alike, each renowned for its location and architecture sure to fit your likes in your future travels.

Miami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

All the employees provided amazing service. However, the hotel is undergoing construction and guests are corralled into a small portion of the property.The facilities are dated and in dire need of updating, though clean. The pool is old and stained and the hot tub was broken during our stay. The hotel continues to charge top dollar riding on its former reputation. The hotel should really only charge about $100-150 a night given its condition. Oh, forgot to mention, eating at the hotel will cost you an arm and a leg. A single pina colada is just under $15. We had dinner at the pool and ordered a couple sandwiches and non-alcoholic beverages and the bill hit $60+.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest;
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I am glad to hear that our associates provided amazing service during your stay. We are enhancing every aspect of Trump National Doral and in the months to come, our Resort will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities including a beautiful new pool, restaurants, and bars.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This will be a great place to stay once construction is complete. I was not offered any type of upgrade or choice of what lodge to stay in when checking in despite the overhearing the front desk advising that people in front of me that it was very quiet and lots of rooms available. When I called twice to try and split my package between golf and spa, they showed no availability in their system for any golf or spa packages despite them being available through their website. The second operator told me to simply book through website instead. Our room had a crummy view of another set of rooms. We lost water for a period one day and my wife could not take a shower. I played golf and the course was in ok condition, practice facilities were weak. My wife enjoyed the spa. Staff generally nice, choice of food on the property was weak. We had to ask to have a key brought to us to open the mini bar. Iron leaked water all over my clothes when I tried to use and no bottle opener in room. Definitely not even close the previous experiences I've had staying at a Trump property. Stayed at Hyatt Blue in July and it was a much better experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest;
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am disappointed to hear about your experience while making your reservations. It is our utmost commitment to ensure that our associates are honoring our guests’ requests and providing exceptional service. I was however pleased to hear your positive feedback on your wife’s visit to the Spa. I have addressed your concerns with Housekeeping to correct the issues you mentioned regarding the iron, and the availability of a bottle opener. In the months to come every aspect of Trump National Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities. We hope to regain your confidence in our commitment to quality and service and welcome you back to Trump National Doral.

Managing Director

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!