“Great service but dated facilities.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Signature Golf Package
Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Doral
Miami
“Great service but dated facilities.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

All the employees provided amazing service. However, the hotel is undergoing construction and guests are corralled into a small portion of the property.The facilities are dated and in dire need of updating, though clean. The pool is old and stained and the hot tub was broken during our stay. The hotel continues to charge top dollar riding on its former reputation. The hotel should really only charge about $100-150 a night given its condition. Oh, forgot to mention, eating at the hotel will cost you an arm and a leg. A single pina colada is just under $15. We had dinner at the pool and ordered a couple sandwiches and non-alcoholic beverages and the bill hit $60+.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest;
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I am glad to hear that our associates provided amazing service during your stay. We are enhancing every aspect of Trump National Doral and in the months to come, our Resort will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities including a beautiful new pool, restaurants, and bars.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

George Sotelo

977 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This will be a great place to stay once construction is complete. I was not offered any type of upgrade or choice of what lodge to stay in when checking in despite the overhearing the front desk advising that people in front of me that it was very quiet and lots of rooms available. When I called twice to try and split my package between golf and spa, they showed no availability in their system for any golf or spa packages despite them being available through their website. The second operator told me to simply book through website instead. Our room had a crummy view of another set of rooms. We lost water for a period one day and my wife could not take a shower. I played golf and the course was in ok condition, practice facilities were weak. My wife enjoyed the spa. Staff generally nice, choice of food on the property was weak. We had to ask to have a key brought to us to open the mini bar. Iron leaked water all over my clothes when I tried to use and no bottle opener in room. Definitely not even close the previous experiences I've had staying at a Trump property. Stayed at Hyatt Blue in July and it was a much better experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest;
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am disappointed to hear about your experience while making your reservations. It is our utmost commitment to ensure that our associates are honoring our guests’ requests and providing exceptional service. I was however pleased to hear your positive feedback on your wife’s visit to the Spa. I have addressed your concerns with Housekeeping to correct the issues you mentioned regarding the iron, and the availability of a bottle opener. In the months to come every aspect of Trump National Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities. We hope to regain your confidence in our commitment to quality and service and welcome you back to Trump National Doral.

George Sotelo
Naples, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Hotel under construction! Dining limited. We had breakfast in a back room at the Spa (front room was for members only and we only saw 6-8 people in the room at any one time). Breakfast Room over crowded; buffet food items cold. Pool was filled with debris and pool deck needed a good blowing/cleaning. Looks like lots of mold and mildew all over the property. Our room was okay; A/C didn't work very well and I think they have the slowest internet in the world.

Room Tip: Don't go to this hotel until the renovations are complete.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest;
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am disheartened to learn of your experience with the current Food and Beverage offering for breakfast and have shared your feedback of the food temperature with the Chef of our Pritikin dining room.
As you may know, in the months to come, every aspect of the resort will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to to include upgrades to our central air conditioning system and internet connectivity.
It is our desire to regain your confidence and welcome you back to Trump National Doral in the future, so you can experience our commitment to providing you an exceptional experience. Should you wish to discuss your experience, please contact me directly.

Bainbridge Island, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Wow, Just stayed there for a business trip and am still amazed that this place was allowed to be open for guests. I wonder if Florida safety laws are more relaxed than other states. If you have ever wondered what it would be like to stay at an active construction site you should look no further and book right away. You might want to bring a hard hat and keep your kids in sight at all times. I'm sure this will be lovely once the Trump transformation is complete but it was easily one of the worst hotel experiences I have had. Sevice was either excellent (mostly) or disinterested. I did feel sorry for the staff having to work through the conditions.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for providing us an insight on your experience with us. I am extremely disappointed to hear of the issues you experienced during your stay. In the months to come, every aspect of Trump National Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities and we are consistently working to refine all areas of service to meet our guests expectations. We sincerely apologize that any aspect of our renovation hindered your stay in any way. I hope to regain your confidence and welcome you back to Trump National Doral to experience our transformation first hand.

Kew Gardens, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I visited last April to the Trump. Had a great stay and was enamored. This time - as others have said there is MAJOR renovation. It was not easy maneuvering. The shuttle driver took me to prior entrance. Not one word or once sign to say where to go. Even with my Spanish skills, I only got pointed in a certain direction. The reception was accommodating and tried to meet my request for a quiet, garden facing room. Difficult when all is torn apart.The valet staff brashly argued with me about how long coffee was being served - contrary to the desk staff. Not happy.

While I enjoy the Trump Las Vegas - I was sad to see the "old Florida" atmosphere being Trumpified. It appears kind of ersatz tacky as its going up. I hope I am proven wrong.

Not sure if I would go back or not. Many other options - even for the 3rd party rate I paid. Essentially all there is now - is a room and a outline of a once great resort.

Room Tip: To avoid noise you want a garden room - off the course and off the drive way area. Not much in the w...
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to share your experience. I am disappointed to hear about your experience and have spoken with the leaders of our Resort in regards to the specifics of your unfortunate incident with our Shuttle & Valet Staff. It is our utmost commitment to ensure that our guests receive exceptional service. We hope to regain your confidence and welcome you back to Trump National Doral, to allow you to see that we have a team of service professionals which take your unfortunate experience to heart, and have sincere desire to regain your faith in our commitment to quality as you have experienced in Trump Las Vegas.
Should you wish to discuss this with me personally, please feel free to contact me directly.

Long Valley, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Service is either exemplary or terrible beyond recognition. There is no middle ground. The bell staff is awesome, as was Ana in the Legends conference center. The front staff can be distant. I had a broken iron in my room, which was never replaced even though I took it to the front desk. There was no way to keep the shower from leaking all over the bathroom floor. The air conditioner switched on every 10 minutes with the sound of a large chair being dropped off the roof. Lighting at night is inadequate. A colleague of mine used his iphone light to guide his way. The do have one bar open onsite, but the staff is not good at reminding people of that. We had a group of 250, but only found the onsite bar on night 3 after word of mouth spread ($$$$) lost to the North Carolina brew pub around the corner.

Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for providing us an insight on your experience with us. It is extremely important to us to have our guests experience a high level of service as you experienced with our Bell Staff and in Legends. I am extremely disappointed to hear of the issues you experienced with your guestroom. I will share your feedback with the Housekeeping, Engineering, and Front Desk team to bring heightened awareness to the items your specifically mentioned. In the months to come, every aspect of our Resort will be transformed, to a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms, public spaces, and amazing new food and beverage options.

We sincerely apologize that any aspect of our renovation hindered your stay. I hope to regain your confidence and welcome you back to Trump National Doral. Should you wish to discuss your experience more personally, please contact me directly.

Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

resort under construction and sure it will be fantastic when Trump is done with it, but most restaurants are closed during this time, many areas blocked off and the amenities available can easily be beaten by other resorts in the area.

Staff is very efficient and friendly, but they can only work with what they have been given. Overall, I would spend my money elsewhere.

Room Tip: overlooking the golf course
Dear Valued guest,
I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am glad to hear that our staff was helpful and friendly. In the months to come, every aspect of Trump National Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Managing Director

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!