“A concurring opinion -” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Doral
Kew Gardens, New York
“A concurring opinion -”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I visited last April to the Trump. Had a great stay and was enamored. This time - as others have said there is MAJOR renovation. It was not easy maneuvering. The shuttle driver took me to prior entrance. Not one word or once sign to say where to go. Even with my Spanish skills, I only got pointed in a certain direction. The reception was accommodating and tried to meet my request for a quiet, garden facing room. Difficult when all is torn apart.The valet staff brashly argued with me about how long coffee was being served - contrary to the desk staff. Not happy.

While I enjoy the Trump Las Vegas - I was sad to see the "old Florida" atmosphere being Trumpified. It appears kind of ersatz tacky as its going up. I hope I am proven wrong.

Not sure if I would go back or not. Many other options - even for the 3rd party rate I paid. Essentially all there is now - is a room and a outline of a once great resort.

Room Tip: To avoid noise you want a garden room - off the course and off the drive way area. Not much in the w...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to share your experience. I am disappointed to hear about your experience and have spoken with the leaders of our Resort in regards to the specifics of your unfortunate incident with our Shuttle & Valet Staff. It is our utmost commitment to ensure that our guests receive exceptional service. We hope to regain your confidence and welcome you back to Trump National Doral, to allow you to see that we have a team of service professionals which take your unfortunate experience to heart, and have sincere desire to regain your faith in our commitment to quality as you have experienced in Trump Las Vegas.
Should you wish to discuss this with me personally, please feel free to contact me directly.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
Long Valley, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Service is either exemplary or terrible beyond recognition. There is no middle ground. The bell staff is awesome, as was Ana in the Legends conference center. The front staff can be distant. I had a broken iron in my room, which was never replaced even though I took it to the front desk. There was no way to keep the shower from leaking all over the bathroom floor. The air conditioner switched on every 10 minutes with the sound of a large chair being dropped off the roof. Lighting at night is inadequate. A colleague of mine used his iphone light to guide his way. The do have one bar open onsite, but the staff is not good at reminding people of that. We had a group of 250, but only found the onsite bar on night 3 after word of mouth spread ($$$$) lost to the North Carolina brew pub around the corner.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for providing us an insight on your experience with us. It is extremely important to us to have our guests experience a high level of service as you experienced with our Bell Staff and in Legends. I am extremely disappointed to hear of the issues you experienced with your guestroom. I will share your feedback with the Housekeeping, Engineering, and Front Desk team to bring heightened awareness to the items your specifically mentioned. In the months to come, every aspect of our Resort will be transformed, to a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms, public spaces, and amazing new food and beverage options.

We sincerely apologize that any aspect of our renovation hindered your stay. I hope to regain your confidence and welcome you back to Trump National Doral. Should you wish to discuss your experience more personally, please contact me directly.

Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

resort under construction and sure it will be fantastic when Trump is done with it, but most restaurants are closed during this time, many areas blocked off and the amenities available can easily be beaten by other resorts in the area.

Staff is very efficient and friendly, but they can only work with what they have been given. Overall, I would spend my money elsewhere.

Room Tip: overlooking the golf course
Dear Valued guest,
I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am glad to hear that our staff was helpful and friendly. In the months to come, every aspect of Trump National Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

San Antonio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

There are under going some major renovations and the cannot offer even the slightest bit of customer service. No one at this resort seems to have their act together and are not at all helpful to their customers. Even without the construction, the service at this report has been terrible.

Room Tip: Rooms in near the Spa building are going to be best. All others you will be forced to walk through...
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to share your experience. I am disheartened to hear about your experience. It is our utmost commitment to ensure that our associates are honoring our guests requests and providing exceptional service. We hope to regain your confidence and welcome you back to Trump National Doral, to allow you to see that we have a team of service professionals which take your unfortunate experience to heart, and have sincere desire to regain your faith in our commitment to quality.

Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Although this property is under construction, Nilsa Rodriguez and her colleagues Alexander and Anicristi went out of their way to make our stay comfortable and memorable! The spa is excellent,and the newly renovated gym is outstanding. We will be back and look forward to seeing the renovations.

Room Tip: Spa rooms are the best choice!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest;

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay at the resort and glad that Nilsa, Anicristi, and Alexander worked hard in ensuring you had a memorable experience. It is extremely important to us to have our guests experience a high level of service and that our sincere commitment to quality shows.
I look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Birmingham, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We have been to the Doral for 3 years now. It's now under a much needed renovation, and should be awesome when finished! I plan on visiting the spa again next year! The service is wonderful, and the property will be beautiful when finished!

Room Tip: If you are there for the spa, stay in the spa hotel, not the main hotel!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued guest,
I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. We are happy to welcome you back every year. I am glad to hear that your stay at the resort was a pleasant one and that our staff was helpful and friendly. It is our utmost commitment to ensure that our associates are honoring our guests requests and providing exceptional service.

I look forward to welcoming you back at the Resort and our award winning Spa at Doral.

Greensboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Not ready for prime time. The hotel is under major renovation. There is only one bar within the entire facility, it's the only place that offers drinks and limited food. This place should only be open for golf and spa. Once they are completed with construction I'm sure it will be nice. In the interim, I wouldn't recommend the hotel as everything is under construction. They don't have a gift shop to purchase toiletries.

• Stayed September 2013
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Managing Director

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!