“Bush-league hotel.” 2 of 5 stars

Black Friday Sale Preview
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Doral
“Bush-league hotel.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Not worth it. Rooms are big but outdated and mine had ants! No room service after 11am, which is laughable. Front desk staff lost something left for me and then acted indifferent. This place stinks. There's a dozen better places to stay in Miami...stay there, then just use the Doral's golf course.

• Stayed September 2013
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your feedback and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.
Currently our In Room Dining Menu is available from daily from 6:00am until 11:30am during our renovation, however we do offer other dining options in the resort after these times for our guests enjoyment. I apologize if this caused you any frustration or hindered your experience with us.
I am extremely concerned with your mention of your experience regarding the Front Desk. Should you wish to discuss this concern with me more, please contact me directly. We want to to continue to not only refine our product, but our service and we are committed to your satisfaction as one of our valued guests.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Canton, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

They are in the middle of construction and I had low expectations. There are basics that you would expect, bottled water in the room, marked pathways to walk from one area to another avoiding construction area, and coffee in the lobby of the lodge. None of this was available. Where the lodges have aged well, I am sure this property will be spectacular when completed. Till then, expect sub standard Marriott with a lot of disappointment.

It was exciting to see this place take shape. Looks like a good plan.

Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for choosing to stay at Trump National Doral Miami and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

I hope to regain your confidence and welcome you back to Trump National Doral Miami soon.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is was under construction and nothing was accessible for my family with minor children. Its not family friendly at all and we requested a refund of the resort fee because we didn't feel we had access to the resort. We checked out the next day and stayed somewhere else. I would not recommend this hotel for families with minor children at all.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for choosing to stay at Trump National Doral and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that our service levels did not meet your expectations.. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

I hope to regain your confidence and welcome you back to Trump National Doral soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Beautiful entrance and everywhere on the grounds. I was amazed when I opened the french doors to my Executive King Suite. The long entrance had marble floors with a tufted leather bench to take off my shoes along with a beautiful chandelier. Also, right there was a sink, fridge, microwave with a variety of flavored teas and columbian coffee with plenty of drawers. Large living area and beautiful bathroom with marble floors. There were his and her closets, sinks with lighted mirrors and toilets. Two of everything in bathroom is wonderful for any couple. Let's not forget the jet spa bath tub, which was heaven! The room service was like sitting in a restaurant, and the golf course was beautiful. The entire staff was extremely nice and helpful. Also, there were plenty of good restaurants near hotel. To tell you the truth, it was hard to leave hotel. I forgot to mention the on site spa and indoor and outdoor pools. I can't write about everything so you just have to go and experience it for yourself.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that your stay at the resort was a pleasant one and that our staff was helpful and friendly. I agree that we have a beautiful property. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Fabulous room and excellent service. Played the Great White course as the free round of golf that came with the room and that made the overall stay an excellent value.........................................................

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that your stay at the resort was a pleasant one and that our staff was helpful and friendly. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Another day in paradise Miami Florida that is.......
this time quick overnight travel with stop at:
Trump National Doral.
The season is over so the renovations start, especially around the Trump resort, can't use the main entrance have to go trough spa next door (green signs). Check in is fine to the side and you have to be driven to your room in one of the lodges in the back 40....At night when is dark hard to tell where you are (however the guy in the cart knows).Small map with key shows you the location. Make sure you get the room with the view otherwise you will be looking into another roof or construction cranes. Room well appointed, balcony, comfortable bed and all the superb linens. TV - 40 inch flat screen, internet weak and hardly any signal. Bathrooms small but clean with separate dressing. Furniture still in good shape, carpet little used, over-all 8 out of 10. Now for the tricks upon check in you are not being informed that there is $22.00 resort fee that you don't know what it gets you. (I think that should be disclosed up front with sincere what you get what you pay for.) Number two parking you can have valet service or park yourself (but stop right here) nobody informs you of additional $18.00 parking fee (which is apparently not included in resort fee) ...so what you are paying for. When asked the hotel staff informed you that this is not their parking so where is the Trump parking??? Poor excuse since they have the arrangements. A smart traveler will have to consider $129.00 + Tax + $40.00 extras + tip......= $200.00
Probably you can find more friendly 4 **** accommodations in Town for less money especially when you were told by the staff better don't come here again.
That is not what I expected maybe my problem is I don't play golf professionally....
Short drive from airport more on the industrial side.... Go to the beach especially with the off season rates that you can get better deal somewhere else for your money !!!

Room Tip: do some reviews on line first.
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I agree that our beds are comfortable. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Clermont, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed there multiple times in the past prior to changing over to a Trump property...Golf facilities, pools and restaurants are great when open however wait until construction is completed to truly enjoy this S. Florida facility..... I hope the bring it back to the standards everyone was used to in the past. Still overpriced at the moment with better choices a short ride away....

Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that your stay at the resort was a pleasant one and I agree that we have great facilities. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Managing Director

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!