“Doral” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Doral
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Doral”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Fabulous room and excellent service. Played the Great White course as the free round of golf that came with the room and that made the overall stay an excellent value.........................................................

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that your stay at the resort was a pleasant one and that our staff was helpful and friendly. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

979 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Another day in paradise Miami Florida that is.......
this time quick overnight travel with stop at:
Trump National Doral.
The season is over so the renovations start, especially around the Trump resort, can't use the main entrance have to go trough spa next door (green signs). Check in is fine to the side and you have to be driven to your room in one of the lodges in the back 40....At night when is dark hard to tell where you are (however the guy in the cart knows).Small map with key shows you the location. Make sure you get the room with the view otherwise you will be looking into another roof or construction cranes. Room well appointed, balcony, comfortable bed and all the superb linens. TV - 40 inch flat screen, internet weak and hardly any signal. Bathrooms small but clean with separate dressing. Furniture still in good shape, carpet little used, over-all 8 out of 10. Now for the tricks upon check in you are not being informed that there is $22.00 resort fee that you don't know what it gets you. (I think that should be disclosed up front with sincere what you get what you pay for.) Number two parking you can have valet service or park yourself (but stop right here) nobody informs you of additional $18.00 parking fee (which is apparently not included in resort fee) ...so what you are paying for. When asked the hotel staff informed you that this is not their parking so where is the Trump parking??? Poor excuse since they have the arrangements. A smart traveler will have to consider $129.00 + Tax + $40.00 extras + tip......= $200.00
Probably you can find more friendly 4 **** accommodations in Town for less money especially when you were told by the staff better don't come here again.
That is not what I expected maybe my problem is I don't play golf professionally....
Short drive from airport more on the industrial side.... Go to the beach especially with the off season rates that you can get better deal somewhere else for your money !!!

Room Tip: do some reviews on line first.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I agree that our beds are comfortable. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Clermont, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed there multiple times in the past prior to changing over to a Trump property...Golf facilities, pools and restaurants are great when open however wait until construction is completed to truly enjoy this S. Florida facility..... I hope the bring it back to the standards everyone was used to in the past. Still overpriced at the moment with better choices a short ride away....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that your stay at the resort was a pleasant one and I agree that we have great facilities. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Staff at Motels care about the customer experience more than the staff at this location. Read SRAtlanta comment I could not have said it better and I am also a female business traveler. If you are looking for service your better off visiting the closest chick fillet they know how to take care of customers for $9 better than a $400 night stay at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us .I am sorry to hear that our service levels did not meet your expectations. Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

I look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The hotel is undergoing renovations...that is an understatement! I thought it would be a mild inconvenience but wow it was the most miserable hotel experience I have had in years. I am a woman business traveler so efficiency, cleanliness, safety and amenities associated with productivity are important. None of those things were present at this property. The paid parking lot was a 7 minute ride drive from the room. Not fun in the rain! There was no room service available and the only open restaurant was a pool bar located on the other side of the property. The walkway (such as it was) was unlit so it was an adventure dodging golf carts in the dark! The bed was uncomfortable, the TV remote didn't work, internet was terribly slow and the supplies in the coffee service were old. None of those things individually would have been a huge issue for me, but all of them together along with the constant construction noise was more than I was prepared for. It is too bad that my client had to pay for this stay. I have asked them not to book me here again.

Hopefully after the construction is done, this property will return to it's former grandeur and will be a more workable solution for business travelers...I for one will choose the Hyatt Blue down the street in the future.

Room Tip: ask for a spa suite
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for providing us an insight on your experience with us. I am extremely disappointed to hear of the issues you experienced with your guestroom. It is extremely important to us to have our guests experience a high level of service and will share your feedback with the Housekeeping team to bring heightened awareness to the items your specifically mentioned. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities and we are consistently working to refine all areas of service to meet our guests expectations. We sincerely apologize that any aspect of our renovation hindered your stay in any way.I hope to regain your confidence and welcome you back to Doral Resort to experience our transformation first hand. Should you wish to discuss your experience more personally, please contact me directly.

Yuma, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

The first thing I noticed was the size of this resort, multiple facilities spread on beautiful well maintained grounds. Due to ongoing renovations at this time I can't give this a 5 star.

This was a one night stay for us so most important was our room. We were really happy with our room which was relaxing and cool. The staff was super from start to finish, very professional and well trained.

It is obvious this is going to be a golfers paradise with a super course right outside your door. The pool area was very nice with live entertainment even during the hot afternoon.

Good luck Mr.Trump on your final product.

Room Tip: If your a swimmer and golfer get a room in one of the facilities close to the pool.
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that your stay at the resort was a pleasant one and that our staff was helpful and friendly. We are glad that you enjoyed the live entertainment by the pool. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Road Town, Tortola
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is the slightly shortened email sent to Trump National - who have failed to even acknowledge receipt of my email let alone offer a response. I have attached some pictures of our stay too:

Whilst we could not fault the friendly and helpful staff the resort itself was extremely disappointing. My husband and I booked to stay at the resort as a treat as part of our annual Miami trip, and whilst we were under no illusions that the resort was under renovation we were surprised at the extent to which facilities and the beauty of the resort are affected. The prospect of being able to play golf on four or five courses was a huge draw and perhaps the main reason for us booking the stay.

We stayed between 2 August and 6 of August. During this time my husband was only able to play on two of the courses, so instead of being able to experience multiple courses he played they same. This was particularly irritating when we discovered that he had been booked on the Jim Mclean course on the Monday, when it was closed for the entire week. Presumably staff would have known this in advance of booking the Tee time and it would have made sense for him to be booked on the Jim McLean course on the Saturday or Sunday when it was actually open?! This was greatly disappointing and in the end he cancelled his last round of golf (which was included in our Golf Package). He decided to go and play somewhere else.

Added to the general disappointment about the golf was the complete lack of places to eat in the resort. We had booked a resort break thinking we would not have to leave for four days and we could golf and spa our way through the trip. Sadly this was not the case. For lunch we only had the choice of slightly moist yet stale Starbucks sandwiches, or eating repeatedly at the Cascades Pool Bar restaurant. By the time golf was finished the spa restaurant was always finished for lunch. Similarly in the evenings there were only two restaurants, and the steak house was closed on Sunday! We ended up spending money on taxis rather than eating the same food repeatedly, it was not the luxury break we had envisioned for ourselves.

We stayed in Lodge Two, which was comfortable except for the fact our balcony view overlooked the golf course under reconstruction! Not only an ugly view, but it meant we could not sit on the balcony for the constant drone of construction. Hardly relaxing. The main pool construction should not be so exposed, it is the first thing we saw when we entered the resort and every time we walked anywhere. It is ugly, noisy and certainly not in keeping with what I would term a discreet renovation project.

In short we felt we stayed in a very ugly and expensive building site for four days. I noted that we were still charged full resort fees and taxes to our bill, despite the fact, in my view that not even half of the resort was actually available to us. I paid these without complaint as by the end we just couldn't wait to leave and go to the next part of our holiday.

Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us .I am sorry to hear that our service levels did not meet your expectations. I agree with you that our rooms are very comfortable. Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

I look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Managing Director

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!