Another day in paradise Miami Florida that is.......
this time quick overnight travel with stop at:
Trump National Doral.
The season is over so the renovations start, especially around the Trump resort, can't use the main entrance have to go trough spa next door (green signs). Check in is fine to the side and you have to be driven to your room in one of the lodges in the back 40....At night when is dark hard to tell where you are (however the guy in the cart knows).Small map with key shows you the location. Make sure you get the room with the view otherwise you will be looking into another roof or construction cranes. Room well appointed, balcony, comfortable bed and all the superb linens. TV - 40 inch flat screen, internet weak and hardly any signal. Bathrooms small but clean with separate dressing. Furniture still in good shape, carpet little used, over-all 8 out of 10. Now for the tricks upon check in you are not being informed that there is $22.00 resort fee that you don't know what it gets you. (I think that should be disclosed up front with sincere what you get what you pay for.) Number two parking you can have valet service or park yourself (but stop right here) nobody informs you of additional $18.00 parking fee (which is apparently not included in resort fee) ...so what you are paying for. When asked the hotel staff informed you that this is not their parking so where is the Trump parking??? Poor excuse since they have the arrangements. A smart traveler will have to consider $129.00 + Tax + $40.00 extras + tip......= $200.00
Probably you can find more friendly 4 **** accommodations in Town for less money especially when you were told by the staff better don't come here again.
That is not what I expected maybe my problem is I don't play golf professionally....
Short drive from airport more on the industrial side.... Go to the beach especially with the off season rates that you can get better deal somewhere else for your money !!!
- Also Known As:
- Doral Golf Resort And Spa, a Marriott Hotel Doral
- Doral Golf Resort And Spa, a Marriott Hotel
- Marriott Doral
- Doral Golf Resort Spa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to a tranquil Florida spa and golf resort designed to offer peaceful rest and relaxation in a tropical atmosphere. Situated on 650 lush acres, the world-renowned Trump National Doral Miami provides guests with premier Miami resort amenities and golf course views. A NEW ADDITION. Trump Hotel CollectionTM has recently added Miami's iconic Doral Resort to its portfolio with plans for a spectacular multimillion-dollar redesign to restore Trump Doral to its former grandeur. Trump Doral boasts 693 guestrooms across 10 lodges; world-class golf courses including the Blue Monster; 100,000-sq.-ft. of meeting space including a 24,000-sq.-ft. ballroom; a sprawling 48,000-sq.-ft. spa with 33 treatment rooms; highly regarded golf school and teaching facilities; retail boutiques and a private members' clubhouse. "When completed, Doral will be the finest resort and golf club in the country." Donald J. Trump, Trump Organization chairman and president.The comprehensive redesign of the entire resort begun in 2013, occurring in phases, and is slated to conclude in late 2014. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Trump National Doral Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.