“RENOVATION CITY” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Doral
New Port Richey, Florida
“RENOVATION CITY”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Major renovations on the main hotel and limited staffing-and no coordination between staffs made for waiting and waiting and waiting. The maze of gates that DON'T WORK, shuttles that don't arrive "in 5 minutes", The golf courses we played on were beautiful and the golf staff were helpful and timely. We paid $27 a day for "valet" parking and 2 out of 3 times, we had to get our own car. I feel that we were definitely overcharged.

Room Tip: We did have a spacious king size room in Lodge 2 facing the Cascades area. Lots of noise during &quo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that our staff was helpful and friendly. I agree that we have beautiful golf courses. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
Lagos
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed over with my hubby for 6 nights in January. The atmosphere was very relaxing and the food at the monster bar was fantastic. Breakfast was a delight. The staff were very helpful and really nice. The spar was also fantastic. The room was spacious but on a downside there was no bathtub

All together, it was a good experience

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that your stay at the resort was a pleasant one and that our staff was helpful and friendly. I agree that our rooms are very spacious. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Prospect
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Undergoing construction and they still decided to stay open. To me not a good thing. Room service only for breakfast. One pool open and thats the spa pool. Not much as in food to get. I felt like if your going to do that much construction then you need to close the hotel down and fix it all at once. Even part of golf course was closed. We asked for king size bed they put us in a room with two full for the first night then we had to move to get our king size room the next day. Very poor planning

Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for choosing to stay at Doral Golf Resort & Spa and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that our service levels did not meet your expectations. I will be personally addressing the issues you had regarding your request for a king size bed. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

I hope to regain your confidence and welcome you back to Doral Resort soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I would suggest waiting until renovations are complete to received a "true" Trump experience. If you are having a conference, plan ahead for transporting attendees to and from lodges and conference rooms. Lots of walking and very few carts available to transport. During rainy season, travel with a flashlight, as power may go out.

Room Tip: If driving pick a lodge close to parking areas. There currently is no waiting area in front of lodg...
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

I look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The Doral is undergoing massive changes while the Trump renovations are being made. Given the service that I received during my three night stay, I would argue that they should have shut down the hotel during the makeover. Two things really stand-out from a terrible stay (other than the fact that everything at the hotel is about twice the regular price, even for Miami): it should be criminal to charge a 30% service fee on top of a $130 dollar fifty minute massage when one has already been gouged for a resort fee and a fitness center should open 24/7. People workout on their own schedules, not the hotel's. And when a guest asks you to open said fitness center, that sort of request should be granted immediately.

Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for choosing Trump National Doral Miami. I appreciate you taking the time to post a detailed review of your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that our service levels did not meet your expectations. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Orlando, FL.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Spent 4 days. This could be a nice place once Trump dumps his money into it. The main pool was closed, no grass on the golf couses, contruction everywhere, parking was way to expensive for where it was. Trump should hhave just closed it down until it was ready.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for choosing Doral Golf Resort & Spa. I appreciate you taking the time to post a detailed review of your recent stay. I will be personally addressing the issues you had with our Food & Beverage staff. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We got a good deal on a travel site and were worried about the construction when we saw the reviews. We could not cancel so we went, and were happy that it was not as bad as we thought. I think it depends on your expectations though. I stayed with my husband before flying out of the airport the next day, so we did not use any amenities, etc. The room was large and clean. Staff were nice. The resort itself is heavily under construction and many things are not fully functioning. When we were there the pool was closed. The other down side was the resort fee of $20 per night per room. We did not pay for parking although I know others who wrote reviews did.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that your stay at the resort was a pleasant one and that our staff was helpful and friendly. I agree that we have very spacious rooms. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Managing Director

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!